BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 04:36 PM   #41
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Using the Plantronics 320 & 640. Volume is very loud on both, but both do not work well when crossing the body...this problem is only particular to the 8700R though (tried 5 of them so far). My HS850 doesn't have the issue, but has low volume on both sides...The plantronics unit are best both on the sending and receiving end...loads of volume and clarity.

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 12-17-2005, 09:04 PM   #42
jcricket
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Does anyone know if the Moto H700 uses the standard moto charger or the newer "min-usb" standard (like the BB8700c)? I'd love to get a headset that can use the same charger as the BB.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:21 PM   #43
casmer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc94040
I'm using the Motorola 810 without any problems on the 8700c.
Yeah, the real problem for me on that one was the fit. I didn't think the volume was that great either, but that also could have been a fit issue. Maybe it is just my head or ears or both because none of the Motos really work for me.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:58 PM   #44
Inphektion
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: (¯`·.¸at&t¸.·´¯)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcricket
Does anyone know if the Moto H700 uses the standard moto charger or the newer "min-usb" standard (like the BB8700c)? I'd love to get a headset that can use the same charger as the BB.
Yes same charger as the BB. At least same mini usb port. Chargers have slightly different ratings on them but they both work on the other device.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:32 PM   #45
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Jabra bt250v

I am currently using the Jabra bt250v with my 8700c. Volume is good. Charge last a long time, 3 days with my amount of use, And the best thing is that the headset vibrates when a call is coming in and I can leave the 8700 on vibrate and not have it ring and ring and ring.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:41 PM   #46
torifile
Thumbs Must Hurt

I know I recommended the hbh-662 earlier in the thread, but it's been annoying me lately. I don't know how BT is supposed to work on the 8700, but I'm sure it's not supposed to hang up on people if I switch the headset in mid call, right? If I start a call with the handset and switch to the headset, it will hang up. Every time. That can't be right. So, I'm going to be in the market for a new one. :\
Old 12-18-2005, 08:06 PM   #47
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

I'm waiting on barJohn to post his results with the nxzen plus. His review sounded promising. I'm have the same problem torifile, my hbh-300 doesn't work well with my 8700c, I'm charging my H810 to see if I have any better luck. I've only been using the wired headset with this phone.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:49 AM   #48
stoxx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Telus

Anyone here using the Plantronics 510 that wears glasses?
Just wondering what the fit is like?

Cheers
Old 12-19-2005, 09:53 AM   #49
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310

Haven't heard this one mentioned, but the SonyEricsson HBH-662 works great. Easy, reliable pairing/BT connection, great sound quality/volume, fast call pick-up, light/comfortable, and...caller id. Originally used it w/Treo 650.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:01 AM   #50
torifile
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRider
Haven't heard this one mentioned, but the SonyEricsson HBH-662 works great. Easy, reliable pairing/BT connection, great sound quality/volume, fast call pick-up, light/comfortable, and...caller id. Originally used it w/Treo 650.
I mentioned it and I also mentioned that I've been having problems keeping it paired and disconnecting calls if switched during a call. I'm looking for another headset now since it seems to be problematic.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:39 PM   #51
DaMaDo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700C

Has anyone gotten their hands on this baby: http://www.shop4tech.com/item4591.html ?

If that one works well, it will be my next purchase =)
Old 12-20-2005, 01:05 AM   #52
barjohn

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

I can tell you from my reviews that Tekkeon units have very good sound quality. I thought the build quality could be better and maybe they have improved it with this unit. I haven't tested it so I can't say for sure.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 12-20-2005, 01:07 AM   #53
barjohn

My initial test of the nXZEN 5500 plus with the 8700c was dissapointing. I don't know if it was due to not being fully charged or it just doesn't work well with the 8700c. I will do more testing this week and post the results.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 12-20-2005, 04:53 AM   #54
Rockefella
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular, the new AT&T

I've been using my cellpoint Flamingo with my 8700c for about a week now. Overall, I really like it. Here's my gripes so far:

1. The earpads detach from the headset too easily, even when I'm removing the headset from my ear. I worry that I'll lose them.
2. Sometimes I get static even when the phone is right next to the headset (but only a couple of times so far).
3. The volume is sometimes too low. I wish the volume went higher.
4. The necklace is REALLY LAME. It's fragile and made of super cheap materials. It also looks stupid to have the necklace attachment hanging like an earring from the headset.
5. The on/off button is a pain to use (takes a lot of finger pressure). This can be inconvenient, especially for those times when you want to talk into the 8700c rather than use the flamingo.

But on the bright side:

1. Battery life is fabulous. It never seems to run out of power.
2. The headset floats outside the ear, so you can still hear everything around you.
3. The fit is really secure and comfortable. I forget it's there and my ear never aches. It takes practice to quickly get the headset inserted into your ear, but once you get it down, it's pretty easy.
4. There's no goofy blue light flashing on the outside and the headset is small, so you don't look like a nerd wearing it.

I'm very happy with the Flamingo. I'd probably only consider a Plantronics because of its superior sound. But for now, I'll just stick with the Flamingo.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:04 AM   #55
barjohn

I would like to comment on your observations:
1. I have not experienced the earpads coming off the headset except when I wanted to remove them. However, I haven't changed mine in some time once I found the size that suited me.
2. This has happened to me when the phone was on the opposite side from my headset.
3. You can adjust the volume with the track wheel on the the phone and it gets very loud. I rarely need to go to full volume. I usually use the track wheel rather than the volume control on the Flamingo.
4. I agree that having the nylon attachment dangling from the earpiece is lame but it is made of very strong material. If I could think of a better solution I would suggest it. However, I don't bother to detach it from the neck strap since It is only in my ear while I am using it as a headset in a call.
5. I agree that the on-off button takes a lot of pressure (too much) but you can transfer the call to the handset by clicking the track wheel during a call and selecting transfer to handset.

Try these suggestions and see what you think.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 12-22-2005, 08:01 PM   #56
Rockefella
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular, the new AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjohn
I would like to comment on your observations:
1. I have not experienced the earpads coming off the headset except when I wanted to remove them. However, I haven't changed mine in some time once I found the size that suited me.
2. This has happened to me when the phone was on the opposite side from my headset.
3. You can adjust the volume with the track wheel on the the phone and it gets very loud. I rarely need to go to full volume. I usually use the track wheel rather than the volume control on the Flamingo.
4. I agree that having the nylon attachment dangling from the earpiece is lame but it is made of very strong material. If I could think of a better solution I would suggest it. However, I don't bother to detach it from the neck strap since It is only in my ear while I am using it as a headset in a call.
5. I agree that the on-off button takes a lot of pressure (too much) but you can transfer the call to the handset by clicking the track wheel during a call and selecting transfer to handset.

Try these suggestions and see what you think.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #57
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbagdan
I just got the Jabra BT-500 (the newest Jabra) and LOVE it! I have a 7250 (sorry on vzw, no 8700 yet!) and used to have a 7290. I used the Moto HS-850 for about 1 year and loved it, but with the 7250, it was echoing and people were complaining. So I got the BT-500 from Jabra and, WOW, I can hear better (even in loud enviroments!) and it is so comfertable (I wore it for 8 hours one day and forgot I had it on!)

Just my 2 cents, sorry can't comment on the 8700 and BT, but I uncerstand that the BT500 is CERTIFIED by Jabra to work.

Does the BT-500 vibrate when you receive an incoming call like the BT-250v? Ilooked at the product specs and it didn't mention that.

Thanks.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:08 PM   #58
barjohn

I just received a Plantronics D640 and ordered a Sony Ericsson HBH 610 so I will be doing testing over the next week and see how these new boys compare to the current top three.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 12-22-2005, 10:41 PM   #59
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Default 8700c and BT800

BT800 seems to work just fine with 8700c. Pairs easily, picks up calls instantly, clear audio (volume could be a little louder for me, but maybe it's the auto volume thing working), other party says audio is good, hangs up quickly. As others have reported, it's a little heavy compared to Moto 820, but caller ID is really nice. Also nice to be able to redial previous numbers form the headset. Comes with a nice little belt case that is good for when phone is in your pocket. Battery life is great- better than any I have tried so far (an early behind the ear Jabra, HBH-600, HBH-662, Moto 820).
Old 12-23-2005, 12:12 AM   #60
barjohn

I just started my testing on the Plantronics D640. My initial impression is good but I have a lot of testing left to do. I thought I would give you a quick sound bite to hear what it sounds like when paired with the 8700.

Quiet background test: http://www.barjohn.com/Public_downloads/D640-Quiet.wav

Loud Background Test: http://www.barjohn.com/Public_downloads/D640-Loud.wav

Distance Test: http://www.barjohn.com/Public_downlo...0-Distance.wav

Active PIN 203A5535

Last edited by barjohn; 12-23-2005 at 01:33 AM..
Closed Thread