BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #1
joelc

Model: 7250
Question Bell / 7250 / BIS - Mail doesn't arrive

Please Login to Remove!

I'm using a new 7250 on Bell's 'unlimited' service. I'm using the BIS configured with a @bell.blackberry.net email address. I'm also connecting to a pop3 server to grab mail for my domain, and have an Exchange 2003 account forwarding all mail to my @Bell.black.... address.

When I log into the webclient, there is mail in the inbox, however the mail never reaches my BB. Two things I can do to make the messages arrive on the BB:

1. Choose "Reconcile now" from the messages menu.
2. Turn off wireless, turn on wireless.

All pending messages arrive instantly. For a period of time after this, mail will flow as it should. All the tests I send arrive on the BB instantly.

However, after a certain amount of time (as short as 30 minutes), the messages get "jambed up" in the webclient again.

I have ensured the webclient quota is nowhere near being full.

Has anyone experienced this? I have yet to contact Bell regarding the matter.

Thank you for any insight.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
markhutchison
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Wink

As a first step, go to Messages/Options/Email Reconciliation and verify that "Wireless Reconcile" is set to "On".

I realize this is very basic but it's a good place to start. Contacting Bell Mobility Data Support at 1-877-DATA-123 would be my next move. Why fight with it if they can resolve the issue quickly?

There is also a BlackBerry Forums id that is in use by a member of Bell Mobility's Data Support team that you may be able to contact for assistance:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/member.php?u=30850

Although I have not yet seen very many posts from that user id.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #3
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelc
Has anyone experienced this? I have yet to contact Bell regarding the matter.
This issue is unusual. You should contact Bell regarding this matter, and if they can't help tell them escalate to RIM.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
joelc

Well I have contacted Bell Mobility Data Support. The fellow there suggested reinserting the battery. Everything has been normal since then (approx 2 hours). He suggested that after travelling this issue can show itself. It just so happens I was travelling to a different province over the last two weekends I have had the 7250.

I will post again with a longer term update.

Thanks for the responses markhutchison and Berry One.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #5
mjb1206

joelc,

I this might sound pretty stupid, but check and make sure the wireless connection is turned on. This afternoon I was not getting any “pushed-e-mails” which I thought was pretty weird, because I usually get 30 to 40 e-mails a day. I went home for lunch and jumped on-line to the website, and noticed 22 messages sitting in my inbox on the server that were not pushed to my Blackberry.

I called customer support, and they asked me to try to send an e-mail off my Blackberry. Once I did that, the e-mail went through and it pushed all the e-mails waiting in the server to my Blackberry.

Maybe I’m the stupid on, but apparently I lost the wireless connection (Pertaining to Data). The cellular phone worked fine the entire time, so I guess I’m still learning.

Good Luck,

Matt

Old 02-08-2006, 11:54 AM   #6
birdiebo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

If this is the wrong thread, please re-direct me. I am experiencing exactly the same issues on my new 8700c on Cingular. The e-mail function has stopped completely, even after trying all of the above-mentioned fixes. The browser says I'm no longer in a data area, which is incorrect. Does anyone know if there a major problem on the Cingular network? Or is this what to expect if the lawsuit isn't settled.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #7
mjb1206

birdiebo,

Sorry, I can't help you there, I'm on the Verizon Network.............

Matt
Closed Thread