BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #21
miker17

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

I have a YahooPlus account and was being denied all day. Just talked to Cingular. They had to call RIM to integrate me. Apparently, neither Cingular or RIM had any idea why this is happening. They did somehow manage to get me in.

HOWEVER, apparently, unlike the other BIS 2.0 versions, Cingular will NOT (repeat: NOT) be supporting real-time push for Yahoo or other internet accounts. Supervisor said the push would take place sometime between 1-15 minutes after an email is received by Yahoo. The first email I tried on my own took about one minute; the next two each took 14 minutes. Everyone I know who has BIS through other providers gets ALL email pushed in real-time. How could Cingular not provide real-time with this upgrade?????
Old 06-13-2006, 04:24 AM   #22
K-Mack
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

I am using Yahoo plus with 2.0, The only way to get real time push is to set your plus account to Forward your mail to your BB address, but this option will not save ANY messages on the Yahoo server. If you choose the POP option on Yahoo, you will get some limited syncronization with folders but you will lose real time push because POP is polling.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:37 PM   #23
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker17
I have a YahooPlus account and was being denied all day. Just talked to Cingular. They had to call RIM to integrate me. Apparently, neither Cingular or RIM had any idea why this is happening. They did somehow manage to get me in.

HOWEVER, apparently, unlike the other BIS 2.0 versions, Cingular will NOT (repeat: NOT) be supporting real-time push for Yahoo or other internet accounts. Supervisor said the push would take place sometime between 1-15 minutes after an email is received by Yahoo. The first email I tried on my own took about one minute; the next two each took 14 minutes. Everyone I know who has BIS through other providers gets ALL email pushed in real-time. How could Cingular not provide real-time with this upgrade?????

Wow This Would be a Big Deal. It's one of the only reasons to do this.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:42 PM   #24
deezmfnutz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Wow This Would be a Big Deal. It's one of the only reasons to do this.
Yup it is not looking good? I wonder why cingular has such poor yahoo support there must be something more to the story cingular is one of the only providers that doesn't support yahoo's IM client and yahoo push on BIS 2.0.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:54 AM   #25
the_bidness
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

So if this is all the case, is there really any advantage at all to using Yahoo! Plus over Gmail?
Old 06-14-2006, 08:00 AM   #26
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bidness
So if this is all the case, is there really any advantage at all to using Yahoo! Plus over Gmail?
No and there is no reason to upgrade to BIS 2.0 since you lose web access to email and folders.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:50 PM   #27
4tay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: ATT

I use Yahoo Mail Plus! and had problems the first day, but now I am having none. I set it up by not putting a password in initially. Yahoo mail comes in at varied times, but good enough for me.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:37 PM   #28
deezmfnutz

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
No and there is no reason to upgrade to BIS 2.0 since you lose web access to email and folders.
But you do gain one way server side delete on your master yahoo account even with pop if you upgrade to BIS 2.0. It is too bad cingular did not integrate yahoo push.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:36 PM   #29
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Quote:
Does not stop people from buying Cingular blackberries and going straight to BIS 2.0.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:21 PM   #30
cooperpwc

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers
Default Rogers BIS 2.0 and Yahoo

It's probably too early for anyone here to know but if someone does...
I really need to know if the Rogers BIS 2.0 is supporting Yahoo push. I'm not sure I'll trust technical support on this question. So I need BBF feedback. I understand that I'll have the option to upgrade soon and I won't unless and until this is confirmed.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:40 PM   #31
rollerbones
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800

So far I like the upgrade to 2.0. I like being able to delete mail when it comes to my BB and have it delete it on my other mail servers so it does not download later to my personal account.

I jus twish the Yahoo mail would really be instant push like others.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:36 PM   #32
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerbones
So far I like the upgrade to 2.0. I like being able to delete mail when it comes to my BB and have it delete it on my other mail servers so it does not download later to my personal account.

I jus twish the Yahoo mail would really be instant push like others.
Me too. While BIS isn't perfect not having to open and delete my email on outlook is a big plus. I'd like to see RIM support flags for email, like in outlook, next.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:55 PM   #33
redtarga

So it seems that Cingular BIS 2.0 will NOT work with the "free" Yahoo Mail!

I use Stinsonddog's suggestion of auto-forwarding from Gmail and it usually works great. Sometimes Gmail will stop forwarding for some reason, but doesn't happen more than once a month.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:28 PM   #34
pengrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtarga

I use Stinsonddog's suggestion of auto-forwarding from Gmail and it usually works great. Sometimes Gmail will stop forwarding for some reason, but doesn't happen more than once a month.
I was wondering if the new Cingular BIS 2.0 still works with Stinsonddog's Gmail integration, i.e. set auto BCC to gmail, and label the auto BCC'd emails in Gmail as BB-Sent. Will this still work? I like this feature because it lets you archive all the emails that you send out through BB.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #35
wirelessandy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: ----
Carrier: at&t

Someone please set me straight...

With this new BIS 2.0 w/Cingular:

If I want true PUSH mail (instant, not polled), I would need to forward my personal mail (like Yahoo Plus Mail) to the BB. Mails are now only on the handheld, not stored anywhere else (unless your outside email keeps a copy of the fwd' mail). Is that right?

Can you still do the full, $49.95/month Cingular BB account that gives you that webmail interface? I remember when I used to do that with a 7290, I could forward Yahoo Plus Mail > spam filter > Cingular BB Push Mail and do all my filing/reading/replying from there if I wanted to.

Otherwise, it sounds like the new Cingular $29.95 plan is nothing more than polled sync/integration with Yahoo Plus Mail.

Old 06-15-2006, 01:23 PM   #36
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessandy
Someone please set me straight...

With this new BIS 2.0 w/Cingular:

If I want true PUSH mail (instant, not polled), I would need to forward my personal mail (like Yahoo Plus Mail) to the BB. Mails are now only on the handheld, not stored anywhere else (unless your outside email keeps a copy of the fwd' mail). Is that right?

Can you still do the full, $49.95/month Cingular BB account that gives you that webmail interface? I remember when I used to do that with a 7290, I could forward Yahoo Plus Mail > spam filter > Cingular BB Push Mail and do all my filing/reading/replying from there if I wanted to.

Otherwise, it sounds like the new Cingular $29.95 plan is nothing more than polled sync/integration with Yahoo Plus Mail.

Do not confuse the new $29.99 plan with BIS 2.0, they are two seperate issues, for lack of a better term.

If you are on BIS you can get the $29.99 plan right now as long as you also have a voice plan.

If you want to stick with the 1.8 interface you can- just do not upgrade and you can keep it the way it is and have the lower cost.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:56 PM   #37
HunterHillegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtarga

My problem with this method, and please correct me if I am wrong, is that when you reply to a message, you cannot change the 'From' account. I have 5 accounts used with my BB and if I forward to my BB address, when I reply it will use just the settings associated with the BB address - can't change it.

Right?
Old 06-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #38
rcbjr

Model: 8700
Default Now third hand info from Cingular CSR

For those that care, I just read a posting about Cingular BIS 2.0 and Yahoo email. Says that Customer Service told him the integration will occur, but that they are having problems and RIM is working it. I know, it's from the Cingular Customer service, but for once they just might be right.

Read the post for more.

Hope this helps
Rcbjr
Old 06-17-2006, 10:01 PM   #39
justelise
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700c

I have spent a total of three hours on the phone and in online chat with Cingular reps over the past week on the Yahoo Mail issue. I spoke with Care, ANS, and was also transferred to RIM. The message across the board was "Upgrade to Yahoo Plus and use POP," even when I showed them proof that it wasn't necessary and there must be a configuration snafu on the BIS.

I'm glad that they're finally admitting that there is a problem, but I'm tired of everyone getting different answers to the same question.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:05 AM   #40
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000

For those here that are using Yahoo (Plus preferable, or standard) with Cingular's BIS 2, I have a quick question.

I use Yahoo with BIS 1.8 with Polling, and although Yahoo does a good job filtering Spam and putting it to my Bulk folder, BIS 1.8 Polling still sees it and delivers it to my Berry. With BIS 2.0, is email that ends up in the Bulk folder still making it to the Blackberry?

Thanks.

Closed Thread