Old 08-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Blue Parrott VXI B250

Please Login to Remove!

Most folks don't like a bulky, over-the-head BT headset with an extended boom mike. At least that is the conclusion that I've come to because it is nearly impossible to find one with BT capabilities. I like them because they seem more comfortable for long conversations. When I came across the VXI B250 from Blue Parrott, I thought that I'd give it a try. Here is a link to the item on Amazon:

Amazon.com: VXI BlueParrott 202524 Roadwarrior B250 Bluetooth Handsfree Headset for Cell Phones and Computers with AC and Auto Chargers: Cell Phones & Service

The Good News

Pairs very easily and maintains the connection quite well. No noticeable static, and I'm very fussy about that. Excellent voice reproduction, and good noise suppression. I can see why they advertise this as a trucker's head set.

The Bad News

This does not seem to play nice with other BT devices in the neighborhood. I use a BT keyboard, mouse, and 10-key pad on my computer. I can pair the B250 to my BB and set it close to the keyboard so I can grab it for a call, but when the call comes in the odds are good that at least one of the three devices -- the mouse and 10-key pad more than the keyboard -- will fail. I have not spoken to either Blue Parrott or Logitech yet about this; maybe it is a known problem and it can be fixed. FYI the problem seems to go away if the BB and the headset are a mere 5-6 feet from the Logitech BT receiver.

Bottom Line

This is not a headset that you're going to wear in public. I try to avoid doing that with any of them, even the smaller ones, simply because it is too geeky for my tastes. Granted, sometimes it can't be avoided, but really! In the car or at the office, however, this is a solid and reliable device that let's you speak softly and be heard, even with background noise. I'm keeping it, although if I have to be close to the computer while taking calls on the BB I'll probably use my Plantronics -- I just wish that fit a bit better in my ear. It (the B250) seems to be a good solid product ideal for a noisy environment.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

As an update to this, the problem with dropping the mouse, keyboard or 10-key pad disappeareed wwhen I initiated BT connection between these and the built in BT on the laptop as opposed to using the Logitech-supplied BT dongle. Unfortunately, programming various functions on the mouse, etc., disappeared a weell in this scenario..