bbmarkbb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Multiple Email Account Differentiation

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

New to BB and looked to see if this function is available. I have 3 e-mail accounts set up on BB Curve 8830. Is there a way I can differentiate via icon/symbol/color what e-mail account the message is coming into without actually opening the message?

Right now all icons are blue folders, so I can't tell which e-mail account it relates to unless I open the e-mail, scroll up, and look at the "To:" field.

I played with the options and the best I found was an option to separate SMS Text from e-mail, which isn't what I want.

Side question also, what is the quickest way to delete a message without opening the actual e-mail/text? Right now, I click Menu, D, then press scroll button on highlighted message. Any shortcuts I can use to delete a message (or better yet, multiple messages) with one key stroke? Thanks much!

Last edited by bbmarkbb; 08-12-2009 at 01:19 PM..
Old 08-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
littleman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: att

Wirelessly posted (bold 9000)

You can hit the controll button for caps and hold it while you scrol down the messages to highlight them then hit the del key you can also use the del key to delete highlighted emails without opening them. As for knowing what email its coming from just remember what email account shows up first and the order and you will know that way.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
bbmarkbb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks little, totally forgot about the DEL button as I'm used to it just being a 'backspace' from my old phone, duhh.

Re: e-mail I think I understand you in that you view them through the 3 separate E-mail icons on the main menu as opposed to the 'Messages' icon which consolidates all e-mail and text. I do the latter since everything is combined, and prefer to look at e-mail through the Messages icon instead of E-mail icons, as I'd have to check each account (3) if I go in by e-mail icon.

If I go through the Messages icon, currently everything is in order by time sent, not by account so I still have no idea which email account it comes to without opening, no? I'd prefer not to check e-mail by the e-mail icon to save time, so instead use the Messages icon, any configurations? Thanks again.

Last edited by bbmarkbb; 08-12-2009 at 02:58 PM..
Old 08-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
VIOLATOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
PIN: Pulled - 1, 2, 3 run!
Carrier: AT&T

This is an app that is definitely worth a few bucks: http://www.blackberryapps.com/produc...lerts-and-more!

You can set different color LED's for all your different messages. You can also set your accounts to use different notifier tones as well.

David

Twitter
Old 08-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #5
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmarkbb View Post
Right now all icons are blue folders, so I can't tell which e-mail account it relates to unless I open the e-mail, scroll up, and look at the "To:" field.
The folders aren't named with the associated email account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmarkbb View Post
Side question also, what is the quickest way to delete a message without opening the actual e-mail/text? Right now, I click Menu, D, then press scroll button on highlighted message.
Just hit the Delete key with the message(s) highlighted in the message list.
Closed Thread