Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
bitablespore
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default BIS OWA 2 way reconcile of deleted messages not working

Please Login to Remove!

I am setup with the BIS and have added my work account with OWA access settings. I am receiving emails, and if I delete the email on my handheld, it will be deleted on my inbox on my computer. However, if I delete on my computer, is does not delete the email on my BB. I have a BB 8310 on Rogers.

I have checked the wireless reconcile settings on the BB and on the BIS and I am NOT permanently deleting the items on my desktop computer. (these were all things posted on other threads to check to be sure are set correctly)

According to BB support website BlackBerry Search Results Full reconciliation should work for Outlook Web Access. (contrary to what several posts on the internet say that it is one way only...)

Does anybody have any idea on what I can do or check to ensure that this works correctly? It is a real pain to have to double delete my messages... once when at my desk, and again on my BB.

Thanks,

Bitablespore
Old 11-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitablespore View Post
I am setup with the BIS and have added my work account with OWA access settings. I am receiving emails, and if I delete the email on my handheld, it will be deleted on my inbox on my computer. However, if I delete on my computer, is does not delete the email on my BB. I have a BB 8310 on Rogers.

I have checked the wireless reconcile settings on the BB and on the BIS and I am NOT permanently deleting the items on my desktop computer. (these were all things posted on other threads to check to be sure are set correctly)

According to BB support website BlackBerry Search Results Full reconciliation should work for Outlook Web Access. (contrary to what several posts on the internet say that it is one way only...)

Does anybody have any idea on what I can do or check to ensure that this works correctly? It is a real pain to have to double delete my messages... once when at my desk, and again on my BB.

Thanks,

Bitablespore

Deletions on your desktop won't reconcile (nor will the read / unread status). It's one way only - from the blackberry to OWA. Here's some text from the kb referenced in the link you provided:

Wireless Read and Unread Status
Email messages marked as Read or Unread on the BlackBerry device will also be marked as Read or Unread in the mailbox of an integrated email account. However, this does not apply to Post Office Protocol (POP) integrations.

Wireless Deletion
Email messages deleted from the BlackBerry device can also be deleted from the mailbox of an integrated email account. When deleting an email message, the BlackBerry device user will be prompted to select whether or not to delete the email message from the original mailbox as well.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
tobyw
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Deletes from your desktop should reconcile to the handheld with the BIS/OWA combo. There is a RIM KB article on this. The problem may be that you are not waiting long enough - RIM states that deletes may take up to six hours to be reconciled to the handheld. Read/unread status mailbox-->handheld is not supported, however.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
tobyw

One pointer: make sure you have reconciliation settings as BlackBerry Search Results.

This is KB13509 in case a session cookie breaks the link.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:46 PM   #5
bitablespore

Quote:
Originally Posted by donc36 View Post
Deletions on your desktop won't reconcile (nor will the read / unread status). It's one way only - from the blackberry to OWA. Here's some text from the kb referenced in the link you provided:

Wireless Read and Unread Status
Email messages marked as Read or Unread on the BlackBerry device will also be marked as Read or Unread in the mailbox of an integrated email account. However, this does not apply to Post Office Protocol (POP) integrations.

Wireless Deletion
Email messages deleted from the BlackBerry device can also be deleted from the mailbox of an integrated email account. When deleting an email message, the BlackBerry device user will be prompted to select whether or not to delete the email message from the original mailbox as well.
If you check the quote carefully, it only states that the read/unread status does not update, but that the deletes DO work. I am specifcally needing help with the deletes... According to KB referenced, this SHOULD be working two-way.

... I should also mention that I have tried to wait hours.. and days to see if a reconcile will occur, but it does not. It only seems to work one way.

Does anyone have 2 way reconcile of deletes working with a BIS/OWA setup?

Bitablespore

Last edited by bitablespore; 11-08-2007 at 12:53 PM..
Old 11-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #6
tobyw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitablespore View Post
Does anyone have 2 way reconcile of deletes working with a BIS/OWA setup?
Yes, it works for me with BIS/OWA, but as I said above it sometimes takes a few hours for deletes to reconcile to the handheld. This is something I hope RIM change when BIS 2.5 comes out.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:03 PM   #7
bitablespore

Hello All,

I just wanted to update everyone on the latest info...

The problem has now been fixed and Rogers level 2 tech support was able to help me. They reset my pin to zero, and then added it back again.

Somehow this fixed the problem (and I received a bunch of emails from over a week ago??? stuck in the pipeline somewhere I guess...)

Now when I delete a message on my blackberry OWA/BIS account, it deletes within 30 seconds on my desktop Outlook account. When I delete on my desktop account, it will delete from my blackberry sometimes in 5 minutes, and other times 90 minutes. But it DOES eventually delete now!

Please help spread the news if you encounter similar questions, as I ran into so many posts on the internet of people saying that no, no... it was only one way reconcile. I am sure anyone that was in my similar situation would appreciate it.

Thanks all,

Bitablespore
Old 11-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #8
tobyw

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/123)

Pleased you solved the problem!

As you say, BIS and OWA reconcile from the mailbox to handheld does indeed work. I suspect that many people don't realise this as the feature was only introduced with BIS 2.3.

As I wrote in my post above, I hope RIM speed up reconciles (and add reconcile of read/unread status) with a future BIS version. Whatever, at least your issue is resolved and I'm sure your post will help others in the same situation in the future, so thanks for keeping us updated.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:22 AM   #9
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I am glad it worked. I am waiting for that day where BIS users can delete e-mail on their bb from their desktop.

LET'S GO CANES!
Closed Thread