BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
fatboypee

Model: torch
PIN: N/A
Carrier: 02 ireland
Default RRT keys on 2 Developer Machines?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, First post so please be kind ..

I am wondering if I can use a key file to install RRT keys on more than one machine in the same company or if I need a new file for each machine ?

Simple reason; boss is going away on holiday and taking his laptop and I will need to sign an app for distribution in his absence. He got a key file, just wondering if I install it on my laptop can I sign using it ? Will the end-user of the app see any difference ?

Thanks FBP.

Edit: realise it won't work on the two machines however the last piece still stands: if i sign using a key i get , is it considered te same app at the user side ?

Last edited by fatboypee; 07-26-2011 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: Clear Stupidity.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
toumou

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Re: RRT keys on 2 Developer Machines?

Yes, you can. Here are 2 tutorials from the Internet to do it...

I can't give you the link as I did not write enough posts on this forum yet :/

--------------
The first one :
--------------

When you move development computers, to move the code signing keys with you, you need to copy the following directory to the new computer.

eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde\signTool

Once youxxx8217;ve copied the keys over, you need to import them into Eclipse using the xxx8220;Import Existing Keysxxx8221; option on the xxx8220;Window | Preferencesxxx8221; dialog as shown below.

That appears to be everything you need to do, however if you try to sign some code now, you will get an error back:

The private key is not located in the sigtool.csk file

To overcome this issue, you need to copy the sigtool.csk and sigtool.db files that were copied above into the vmTools folder.

eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde\vmTools

Having followed these steps, you should be able to sign applications on a new computer.

----------------
The second one:
----------------

To use the signing tool from multiple computers simply copy the sigtool.csk and sigtool.db file from the bin directory of the JDE on computer 1 to the bin directory of the JDE on computer 2.

sigtool.csk has the private key
sigtool.db has the location of authorization server along with your registration PIN

Now when you run the Signature tool on the new computer if you see a screen saying not registered for any of the 3 types:RBB,RRT,RCR then simply open the sigtool.db file ad make sure it has 3 entries one for each type.

In my case the RBB had a different private key than RRT and RCR, so a simply opened sigtool.csk file in notepad and pasted the private key into it.

Now when I ran the Signature everything worked as desired. Hope this helps.

------------------

In my case, I have followed the 2 tutorials and now everything works fine.

I hope it will be useful

--
Toumou
Closed Thread