BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 12:53 PM   #1
CIMulation
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Default 7100t error message when dl'ing ringtones. HELP!!!

Please Login to Remove!

This is the message that I'm encountering when I try to dl a ringtone:

"HTTP Error 406: Not acceptable
The page you are trying to load is not supported by the browser. Please try loading a different page."

Then when I click on details it says:

"200: Application cannot accept the content [audio/x-wav]

What can I do. I went to the free dl sites that are stickied at the top of this forum and it gives me the same message when I try to dl an mp3 file. ???????
Old 07-09-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Ringtones for the 7100t need to be in .adp format.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
CIMulation

This is the page that I'm accessing to dl the ringtone and by what I'm seeing, they are in .adp files. This time the error message says:

The page you are trying to load is not supported by the browser. Please try loading a different page."

"200: Application cannot accept the content [audio/adpcm]"

Thanks for the help so far!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #4
CIMulation

ttt
Old 07-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #5
Proaud

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIMulation
This is the page that I'm accessing to dl the ringtone and by what I'm seeing, they are in .adp files. This time the error message says:

The problem you are running into is a MIME setting on your server. Your phone is requesting the file, but your server doesn't know how to handle it.

Are you able to add MIME commands on your server??

Pin: 3013987E
Old 07-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #6
CIMulation

Well, I go to the "Download Ringtones" thread that is stickied at the top of this forum and all the sites that offer .adp extensions give me the same error message when I try to access them to download. I would assume that their server has the MIME already changed to allow people to DL them. Another thing that I'm doing is I'm trying to DL ringtones without a data plan. This is also another thread that is posted in this forum.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #7
Proaud

Quote:
Well, I go to the "Download Ringtones" thread that is stickied at the top of this forum and all the sites that offer .adp extensions give me the same error message when I try to access them to download. I would assume that their server has the MIME already changed to allow people to DL them. Another thing that I'm doing is I'm trying to DL ringtones without a data plan. This is also another thread that is posted in this forum.
Try my site. www.tuneusin.com I know those work!

What software version are you running?

Old 07-10-2006, 04:09 PM   #8
CIMulation

I've tried your website with no success. :( The software version that I'm currently using is v4.1.0.309 Is this the correct version?
Old 07-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #9
Proaud

Quote:
I've tried your website with no success. :( The software version that I'm currently using is v4.1.0.309 Is this the correct version?

There must be something else according to everything you are telling me It should work. That is the correct version.

It might be because you don't have a data plan.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #10
CIMulation

Without a data plan I should still be able to transfer songs by the other threads method.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=30693
Old 07-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #11
Proaud

Quote:
Without a data plan I should still be able to transfer songs by the other threads method.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=30693
You can transfer songs via a usb cable, but downloading from a website should require a data plan.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #12
CIMulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proaud
You can transfer songs via a usb cable, but downloading from a website should require a data plan.
Are you sure about that? By what i've read, the 7100 series does not have this capability. Correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm wrong, how is it done? Thanks again for the replies thus far!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:40 PM   #13
Proaud

Quote:
Are you sure about that? By what i've read, the 7100 series does not have this capability. Correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm wrong, how is it done? Thanks again for the replies thus far!
I am not 100% sure. I am not that familiar with the device itself, but do know the limitations on the ringtone side. Are you able to connect to a webpage with your device?

Old 07-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #14
CIMulation

Yes, without a problem. It's when I try to DL a ringtone, that's when I get the error message.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #15
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700

Are you connected to a BES server. If so, you may have an IT policy applied that restricts you from downloading anything, including ringtones.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-10-2006, 11:23 PM   #16
Proaud

Quote:
Yes, without a problem. It's when I try to DL a ringtone, that's when I get the error message.
I am at a loss! I know for a fact that other people have downloaded the ringtones on my site and they work on the same device you have.

I have service with Sprint. I was on a vision plan and my Blackberry worked fine. About 2 months ago, I started having weird problems on the data side. I thought it was the phone. It turned out I needed the Blackberry plan. Vision was working, but only about 50% of the time with the Blackberry. It was sort of hit and miss. Now that I have the right plan added, everything works flawlessly.

The point I am trying to make is, maybe without a data plan the network isn't fully recognizing what the device is trying to do resulting in errors with certain requests.

I wish I could help further, but I am truly at a loss. Sorry! :(

Old 07-15-2006, 07:52 PM   #17
ericka444

Carrier: tmobile

I have a bb 7105t and I have the same message from your website and I have the data plan.what am I doing wrong.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:02 AM   #18
missruby

Model: 7100g
Default Http Error 406

Quote:

I'm having the same issue on my 7100g. The HTTP ERROR 406 when attempting to download from the browser. I'm not part of an enterprise and I have an unlimited data plan. What can be the issue here and how do I repair it?? Thank you.
Closed Thread