Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
Darkcrime

Model: 9350
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default tired of the junk browsers

Please Login to Remove!

Just a little rant... Besides the fact that my Storm's touchscreen sucks half the time (long story), but man... Can I get a browser that works? I can't even go to yahoo yellow pages from bb's browser, nor can I use Opera's browser and do what I want it to do. Half of me says I'll wait until os 6 comes out, or the storm 3, but I tell ya what, I've lived with this phone since it came out, stuck with it only to be let down in almost every aspect.

If OS 6 doesn't come out by the end of July, like they said, I'm going to an android phone, or the iphone.

p.s. I do understand that OS6 may not work on my phone, but if it works good on the storm 2, then I'll upgrade to that (or wait till the storm 3 comes out).

Sorry for the rant!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Your points are valid. I am noticing certain apps like AP and NY Times are the future of the BB Browser. We shall see

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

You gotta choose what phone best suits your needs.

I doubt we will have an official release for OS 6 in July, I'd forget that. We have some leaks this month but that's it.

Plus the new browser is rumored to be controlled by the carrier so we might be at the carriers mercy even if OS 6 is leaked.

(We do have a rant forum for stuff like this , I'm sure this will get moved there soon)

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by SteveO86; 07-05-2010 at 08:48 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
johnbom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330m
Carrier: alltel BB on VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcrime View Post
Just a little rant... Can I get a browser that works?
Try bolt browser. I have an 8830 I was ready to throw into the river. Found out about Bolt and its been like getting a new device...
Old 07-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
Darkcrime

Whoops, Didn't see the "rant" section. That's exactly where I wanted this to go... Mods, do your magic plz.

I've tried Bolt. Didn't like it. I'm just so sick of this phone. I've been a BB user for almost 4 years. If the screen didn't have issues and the browser worked good, I'd be fine... I really don't use the browser much at all, so it really pisses me off when I attempt to use it, and it sucks!
I like Rim because of the email features. BBM is a plus, but man, a friend of mine at work has the Iphone (3gs) and his screen is just about flawless, the apps, besides there's a crap ton, ALL WORK. I download an app besides connect 4 (I'm addicted to it!) and my phone runs like crap. I wouldn't pay for a theme as anyone I try freezes up my phone.

Bleh, I'm just getting very mad at this phone. I don't want an iphone as I enjoy the click screen, plus I talked a lot of smack about it at work and I'm not going down that road!
Anyways, thanks for letting me rant (even if it's in the wrong section).
Old 07-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Wirelessly posted

Are you running the latest OS? When I first got the 9550 I really disliked it, but a few OS updates later, the touch screen has really improved. At least in my opinion with the Storm2

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #7
Darkcrime

Yessir, new os and all. 5.0 is a dream compared to older versions. I just think this phone is just broke. My buddie's phone doesn't do what my phone does. I called verizon today, since the phone is out of warranty I'm screwed on this one. However, I DO get the "new every 2" so I can buy the storm 2 now! haha, j/k. No more blackberry phones for me. Done with them and very pissed off. Iphone here I come!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:26 AM   #8
CoraCora
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: SKLX
PIN: no pin on a sidekick
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Eckh iphone trash and overrated especialy the iphone 4 that has teething issues.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
Darkcrime

teathering issues? I don't use teathering at all. It's gotta be better than the storm and storm 2. That's for sure.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #10
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

He said teething issues, not tethering issues. Not sure what he's referring to.

However, the iPhone 4 has tons of issues:

iPhone 4 Loses Reception When You Hold It By The Antenna Band?

iPhone 4 problems: Are you having iPhone 4 problems like yellow screens and reception issues? - iPhone, Therefore, iBlog

Users: iPhone 4 proximity sensor causes issues | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

iPhone 4 bursts into flames, burns hand « Boy Genius Report

It's all over the web. I would say this is a lemon. I wouldn't say it's better than the Storm 2 by any stretch of the imagination.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 07-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #11
Darkcrime

I figured he meant something else because I've never heard of "teething" unless referring to a baby

Either way, I'd say the Storm is more of a lemon than any phone I've used. I remember when I first walkled into the verizon store and they had it as a display. You coudln't even use the phone. It was so slow, froze up all the time, camera froze, etc. Only reason why I bought it is because they had an update coming out that was supposed to fix all that. Here we are, how many updates later and the phone still sucks?
Old 07-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #12
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

teething = the difficulties or problems that arise during the initial stages of a project, enterprise, etc.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Closed Thread