BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 02:39 AM   #1
jacedanie

Model: 7250
Cool bluetooth headsets

Please Login to Remove!

i have tried 3 different bluetooth headsets and i have come to hate them all. perhaps it's my job, i do not work in an air conditioned office sitting at a desk and while moving around in the heat of the day, these headsets are very uncomfortable. with the exception of the techsupport call center worker or 8 hour a day office worker, i think these bluetooth headsets will turn out to be more or less a fad. not to mention that many people cannot use them at work because their boss has a pet peave then again, even the office work has a problem - go to answer the deskphone and BAM! ouch that hurt.

with some headsets, while working (over just a few days) it will actually wear a sore spot on your ear. reminds me of that steve martin movie, the Jerk were everybody who used his product went crosseyed, he got sued and lost everything he had

30 feet my ass with most of these headsets you can't leave the room without losing a signal! The technology is not ready for primetime. Perhaps a handsfree solution in a car would be ok, but there are better handsfree solutions than a bluetooth earpiece.

i still use the blackberry 7250 although not very ergonomic, as a pda and cell phone - but when i'm in the area with good reception, i pick up the flip phone everytime. i am debating whether to buy out of my contract and trash the blackberry.

Last edited by jacedanie; 07-07-2006 at 02:43 AM..
Old 07-07-2006, 02:55 AM   #2
adamlau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Sprint

I am not a fan of Bluetooth headsets myself. A definite irritant along the lines of chain necklaces and watches. Tank tops, shorts and a pair of Rainbow sandals topped of by a BlackBerry device in the pocket is the ticket to comfort in my book...
Old 07-07-2006, 05:51 AM   #3
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

Bluetooth a fad?

I'm not sure how true of a statement that is.

I guess only the future will tell.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:54 AM   #4
K-Mack
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacedanie
i have tried 3 different bluetooth headsets and i have come to hate them all. perhaps it's my job, i do not work in an air conditioned office sitting at a desk and while moving around in the heat of the day, these headsets are very uncomfortable. with the exception of the techsupport call center worker or 8 hour a day office worker, i think these bluetooth headsets will turn out to be more or less a fad. not to mention that many people cannot use them at work because their boss has a pet peave then again, even the office work has a problem - go to answer the deskphone and BAM! ouch that hurt.

with some headsets, while working (over just a few days) it will actually wear a sore spot on your ear. reminds me of that steve martin movie, the Jerk were everybody who used his product went crosseyed, he got sued and lost everything he had

30 feet my ass with most of these headsets you can't leave the room without losing a signal! The technology is not ready for primetime. Perhaps a handsfree solution in a car would be ok, but there are better handsfree solutions than a bluetooth earpiece.

i still use the blackberry 7250 although not very ergonomic, as a pda and cell phone - but when i'm in the area with good reception, i pick up the flip phone everytime. i am debating whether to buy out of my contract and trash the blackberry.

Maybe you could list the headsets that you had trouble with, there are so many to choose from there's probably one you will like.
As for trashing your BB, sounds like you just didn't research it well before you bought it. Seems like your blaming your BB for a poor headset and bad reception area.
I feel Bluetooth is here to stay, it's made people's live's more convenient and when that happens, it's not a fad.

Last edited by K-Mack; 07-08-2006 at 05:37 AM..
Old 07-07-2006, 08:18 AM   #5
AZsteelman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacedanie

WOW! sounds like someone needs some coffee, or maybe no more coffee...not ready for primetime? Are you serious? Just a fad? I don't think so. Maybe it's just you. I've been using them for about 2 years now, and couldn't live without it. I get more than 30' easily! I'd have to say if you are ready to trash your BB, maybe you should spend some time getting to know just how valuable a tool it is instead of hating it! LOL!

Try some different models and you'll find some to wear that don't hurt your ears.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:04 AM   #6
cek151
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: sprint

hmmmmmmmmmmmm i think its great!!!!!!!!!! for all the people that are useing there hands all day long and dont have time to answer the phone.just hit the button and your there.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:23 AM   #7
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
Carrier: HK CSL
Lightbulb BT Headset Comparison

Hope I'm not too late but I have just discovered this topic.

There is quite good Bluetooth Headset Article on the net: Bluetooth Headsets for your BlackBerry
Old 07-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #8
jww
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Bell Mobility - Canada

I become a headset addict 5 years ago when I got my first mobile with a headset jack. Since then I have always used it - especially when I am in the car. Even out of the car, a headset helps me keep both hands free for taking notes, etc.

I have just ordered a JX10 to go with my 7130e and expect that it will stay on whenever I am out and about with my BB.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:54 PM   #9
K-Mack
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c

I think you will enjoy the JX-10, I use mine everyday
without any issues.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:53 PM   #10
apaul
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers

Moto H500 paired with an 8700r. Out off the box, I charged the earpiece for 2 hours. Immediate pairing and call reception/transmission A1. Comfortable to wear. No complaints so far except volume buttons are a tad small. Can't comment on battery life yet.
Price is steep for the silver compared with the black model.. >$20.00. All else is good.

And stop saying "okay" all the time. Okay?
Okay.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #11
jww
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Bell Mobility - Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Mack
I think you will enjoy the JX-10, I use mine everyday
without any issues.
We just got back from a trip to the US and my JX10 was waiting at the hotel for me. I charged it up, paired it and have tested it on a couple of calls. Sound quality is better than on the actual 7130e itself. The only complaint is the ear hook - it's not as tight-fitting as I would like - however, I notice that it is pliable and so will mess around with it some to get it to fit right.

Nice product, beautiful design, great functionality. It will be interesting to see how things go over the next few weeks as I use it.
Closed Thread