BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers
Default Share how you use Idea and TOdo Matrix!!

Please Login to Remove!

This is just a suggestion hoping this is the right venue but there seems to be tremendous capabilities to your product and I think we should start a forum in which to share how we use IdeaMatrix and Todo Matrix.

I think I could use some new and fresh ideas on how to enhance the experience and selfeshly find new and easier ways to get things done. There are a lot of people out there with a lot of imagination and we should all share in the experience.

Hope the idea takes off with your support of course.

Last edited by ron.pepper@sympatico.ca; 02-26-2007 at 01:51 PM..
Old 04-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

Well I for one had been looking for something that I could use to not only manage my tasks, but also appointments in. So I set up part of my todoMatrix to handle those "do whenever" tasks into categories and whatnot, but I also stuff my daily schedule items into todoMatrix as well, to a drawer called @@CALENDAR, and then onto either the @Scheduled or @NonScheduled folder appropriately. @NonScheduled storing those items that are scheduled, but can be done whenever, and the @Scheduled for those items that I need to be reminded of to get done.

Then ideaMatrix, my favorite, I pretty much work the same as todoMatrix, but store my address book in there in a drawer called @@ADDRESSES, followed by @A,@b,@c, etc,.

All in all, I have tried to make todoMatrix and ideaMatrix my apps!!! Being a fellow developer myself, Rexwireless has done and excellent job with their products! Keep up the great work!

DaBlackberryBoy
Old 05-20-2007, 03:40 PM   #3
Taikun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Tmo
Default REXWireless

Old 05-20-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

I actually prefer Pocket Day and Pocket Lists - better features/integration with outlook
Old 05-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
I actually prefer Pocket Day and Pocket Lists - better features/integration with outlook
Fred it's a post on HOW you use it not why you dont.

thanks for sharing...nothing!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #6
ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy View Post
Well I for one had been looking for something that I could use to not only manage my tasks, but also appointments in. So I set up part of my todoMatrix to handle those "do whenever" tasks into categories and whatnot, but I also stuff my daily schedule items into todoMatrix as well, to a drawer called @@CALENDAR, and then onto either the @Scheduled or @NonScheduled folder appropriately. @NonScheduled storing those items that are scheduled, but can be done whenever, and the @Scheduled for those items that I need to be reminded of to get done.

Then ideaMatrix, my favorite, I pretty much work the same as todoMatrix, but store my address book in there in a drawer called @@ADDRESSES, followed by @A,@b,@c, etc,.

All in all, I have tried to make todoMatrix and ideaMatrix my apps!!! Being a fellow developer myself, Rexwireless has done and excellent job with their products! Keep up the great work!

DaBlackberryBoy
Thanks for the info. I guess the @ thing is a take off on GettingThingsDone. Can you share more of that process. I read a bit about it but why the need for @ as opposed to just a b or c.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:20 PM   #7
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
Better features? Umm, no. Sorry. Try again.

I have set up a "tickler file" system, a la GTD in ideaMatrix. It was a bit tedious to set up, but I have a drawer named Tickler and 31 folders in that drawer, each with a number for the day of the month. If I have something that needs to be taken care of or referenced on a specific date, I create a note for in that folder. At the end of the day, I grab the current day's folder and drag it to the bottom of the drawer.

With the ability to inject e-mails and other files into ideaMatrix and todoMatrix, this makes it easy to keep track of items fairly easily.

If these two apps supported nested folders, you could create a true GTD tickler file with day folders inside month folders. But you can make it work as is.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 AM   #8
ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin View Post
Better features? Umm, no. Sorry. Try again.

I have set up a "tickler file" system, a la GTD in ideaMatrix. It was a bit tedious to set up, but I have a drawer named Tickler and 31 folders in that drawer, each with a number for the day of the month. If I have something that needs to be taken care of or referenced on a specific date, I create a note for in that folder. At the end of the day, I grab the current day's folder and drag it to the bottom of the drawer.

With the ability to inject e-mails and other files into ideaMatrix and todoMatrix, this makes it easy to keep track of items fairly easily.

If these two apps supported nested folders, you could create a true GTD tickler file with day folders inside month folders. But you can make it work as is.
Thanks for the info. Great concept. By nested folders do you mean a folder within a folder? Have you used todo matrix as a task file say to call someone in 2 hours all you do is inject their phone number from the address book or phone log into todo and set the time. When it pops up you select and dial right from the task notice, pretty neat.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:40 AM   #9
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron.pepper@sympatico.ca View Post
By nested folders do you mean a folder within a folder? Have you used todo matrix as a task file say to call someone in 2 hours all you do is inject their phone number from the address book or phone log into todo and set the time. When it pops up you select and dial right from the task notice, pretty neat.
Yes, folders within folders is what I meant. But the Rex guys have indicated there are no plans to incorporate that feature. It isn't a show stopper but it would be nice.

I do have todoMatrix, but I also use Alex King's Tasks program. It's a web-based app that you purchase and install on a webserver. It's then accessible via a computer or your mobile phone (works great on a BlackBerry). Tasks includes features like tagging, recurring tasks, and as many nested folders as necessary. The Rex guys have indicated that tagging and recurring tasks will be included in their next major release.

Right now, Tasks is what I use mostly (I do use todoMatrix from time to time on tasks I need reminders for; Tasks doesn't do reminders). Perhaps when the new features are incorporated I'll move to todoMatrix.
Closed Thread