Old 10-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #121
Dereck
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Just upgraded and had zero problems.

All I had to do once it finished was a battery pull to re-start the device. Then I went to Options > Advanced Options > TCP > ACP and typed wap.voicestream.com.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:32 PM   #122
Helmdawg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAVY View Post
I not only don't have my faves icons, I don't have any my faves stuff anywhere. Where did it go? Anyone walk me through this? All my applications got moved around too, I no longer have the browser on the home screen like I want it. Also the only options when in the browser program is wifi and tzone. My wifi also won't stay connected. I pull the battery and after being on for 10 seconds I lose the wifi right after connecting. My device is totally messed up here, I probably need to wipe it or something, I dunno!
Use the edited ALX to get your my faves icons. You can simply move the icons back to wherever you want them, highlight the icon you want to move and press the application button (the one next to the green phone button) and drag the icon.

Try shutting unplugging your router for a minute or so, then do a battery pull and see if your wifi is any better..
Old 10-23-2007, 11:39 PM   #123
Helmdawg

PIN: ned down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathraceking View Post
I'm curious. If I'm using a T-Mobile 8320 and downloaded/installed the official T-Mobile update, why should I have to install an edited ALX to get my icons back that never should have left in the first place? (other posters have noted that the edited ALX does not bring the icons back)

Also, I think some of you are confused. It's not that my MyFaves icon is missing. That is available and works fine. It's the goofy preloaded icons in the home>user>pictures>myFaves icons directory. The directory used to be filled with pictures that you could assign to MyFaves contacts, and now the folder is empty. Refreshing doesn't bring them back. It's not really a big deal, but I doubt it was intended to happen.
If am not mistaken, the edited ALX opens up these features in the OS (themes, icons etc..) I don't know why it needs to be done but I do know it works. I have all the themes and icons. Did you try going into one of your my fave contacts and edit the contact? Once your in the edit screen, go to icon then push the trackball.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:03 AM   #124
hotburnttoast
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Unique 8-character hexadecimal ID number assigned to all BlackBerrys

somebody help..I need help with post #107.... I am having the UMA issue, my phone will connect to WIFI, but will stay in EDGE, they are saying I need to configure those ports and my UMA will work properly
Old 10-24-2007, 12:44 AM   #125
tuanale

Model: 8100

i just upgrade and everything is running great so far... just one problem... i'm having problem connect with telenav... anyone have that problem too?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:30 AM   #126
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

tuanale, I had the same problem with TeleNav, I removed it and reinstalled it about 5 times, then decided to have a deeper look. Upon looking at the application permissions (Options - Advanced - Applications) I had to set the permissions to allow and then it worked fine.

Another update, my roomate using the same router I do, could not maintain a call with me for any longer then 5 minutes without it dropping off UMA and then going back to EDGE. I am currently on a business trip and there was no other use of the internet connection in the house. Very stange stuff and he was not using any bluetooth devices either, just speakerphone and he was <20ft from the access point. Dropped the call a few times, then he just shut wifi off and we talked for a good 30-40 minutes without issue.

Hoping that another release, even if from another carrier, is not far down the pipe.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:10 AM   #127
GLOCKshooter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathraceking View Post
=
Also, I think some of you are confused. It's not that my MyFaves icon is missing. That is available and works fine. It's the goofy preloaded icons in the home>user>pictures>myFaves icons directory. The directory used to be filled with pictures that you could assign to MyFaves contacts, and now the folder is empty. Refreshing doesn't bring them back. It's not really a big deal, but I doubt it was intended to happen.
You can get them one by one. highlight one of your faves. Hit the trackball. Push the menu button (next to the trackball with the BB logo). hit the trackball again to "edit contact". scroll down to "icon" and hit the trackball again. se;ect "get more icons" You will go to a site where you can pick and choose lots, including all the ones that were pre loaded. I like the little white house for my home phone, and it was bothering me not to have it.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #128
tuanale

Model: 8100

Hatax thank for the info i tired what you said but still couildn't work... asking me to choose either bis or tcp and when i chose tcp i enter other and wap.voicestream.com. I'm gonna try to delete it and download it again. i was having trouble with the uma connection too. what i did was kinda brave i deleted the two root file and imported them again from the blackberry mobile website. after that i did the hrt, took out the battery and it work like a charm...
Old 10-24-2007, 11:08 AM   #129
sgtcasey

edit

Last edited by sgtcasey; 12-24-2007 at 10:52 PM..
Old 10-24-2007, 01:23 PM   #130
dwc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: tmob

Upgrade worked for me. No probs so far. (I leave my phone plugged into desktop until it completes the BES activation that follows the OS update)
Old 10-24-2007, 01:25 PM   #131
purepinay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Upgraded yesterday afternoon, and everything went smoothly.

I haven't had any issues with UMA, wi-fi or bluetooth either.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #132
USNAVY
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
Use the edited ALX to get your my faves icons. You can simply move the icons back to wherever you want them, highlight the icon you want to move and press the application button (the one next to the green phone button) and drag the icon.

Try shutting unplugging your router for a minute or so, then do a battery pull and see if your wifi is any better..

I don't have myfaves anywhere on the device, it's not just a lack of the cute icons. I don't have myfaves on my phone at all, and I don't have internet browser either, only wifi and tzones.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:42 PM   #133
rivviepop

PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
I don't have myfaves anywhere on the device, it's not just a lack of the cute icons. I don't have myfaves on my phone at all, and I don't have internet browser either, only wifi and tzones.
Log into your T-Mobile BIS and click the Service Books link to send them all back out to your device. MyFaves and the Internet Browser are service books pushed to you from T-Mobile.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:49 PM   #134
USNAVY
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
Log into your T-Mobile BIS and click the Service Books link to send them all back out to your device. MyFaves and the Internet Browser are service books pushed to you from T-Mobile.
How exactly do I do that? Sorry this is my first BB.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:55 PM   #135
rivviepop

Quote:
How exactly do I do that? Sorry this is my first BB.
FAQ:
http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/H...rvice_books%3F

"For example, on T-Mobile:
a) Log into your my T-Mobile account and select 'Setup BlackBerry Internet Email'
b) Select (left menu box) 'Service Books'
c) Select 'Send Service Books'"

http://my.t-mobile.com/
Old 10-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #136
USNAVY
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm still not seeing any myfaves stuff on the phone, although my browser is now fixed. Are there just certain themes where I can click on "show myfaves" and dial someone by clicking their picture?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #137
rivviepop

Quote:
I'm still not seeing any myfaves stuff on the phone, although my browser is now fixed. Are there just certain themes where I can click on "show myfaves" and dial someone by clicking their picture?
I'll have to let another answer this in detail, never having actually had/used MyFaves -- I would guess, though, that using the T-Mobile ZEN theme would be step #1 in debugging the situation; get them to show up in that theme first.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #138
USNAVY
Thumbs Must Hurt

I mean it's not a huge deal that I don't have a my faves folder or icons, because the calls I make to these people still count as my faves, regardless of whether I have the icons.

But...it would be nice if I could get it back
Old 10-24-2007, 03:28 PM   #139
garutachi

Carrier: tmobil
Default phone rebooting

i`m having some problems with my phone rebooting when i`m talking over the phone!!!!
is there anything i can do or someone experiencing this problem?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:51 PM   #140
deathraceking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCKshooter View Post
You can get them one by one. highlight one of your faves. Hit the trackball. Push the menu button (next to the trackball with the BB logo). hit the trackball again to "edit contact". scroll down to "icon" and hit the trackball again. se;ect "get more icons" You will go to a site where you can pick and choose lots, including all the ones that were pre loaded. I like the little white house for my home phone, and it was bothering me not to have it.
Thanks! I grabbed the ones I wanted from the "get more icons" pages. Much appreciated!
Closed Thread