Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 11:07 AM   #61
alaskin

Model: 7290
Exclamation fido and blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
Another good reason for BES/MDS is to allow using your Blackberry on cellphone networks that do not support the Blackberry. Such as Fido Canada.
Blackberry working on non-Blackberry cell networks

[Edit: Fido appears to be a special exception in this case. This would not work on most other carriers]
Mark,

I've been trying to solve this problem of getting the Blackberry to work on the Fido network. If there is a sollution what is it, and how do I go about solving the delema.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:54 PM   #62
scootermcq

Model: 6210

Hi, I have a BB 6210 running on FIDO... all I have is voice and SMS. This is killing me, as I would like some data. I have called FIDO to make sure data is enabled and entered the TCP in ala Mark's FAQ. My gprs is all in lower case and I can not use the browser or any data like Gmail. Can anyone out there shed some light, I would really, REALLY appreciate it. End of day, all I want is to remain on Fido and do email, even if that involves a 3rd party.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:09 AM   #63
W-N
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyschiff
We currently outsource both Exchange/BES to a hosting company who is not specifically Exchange/BES oriented. They also host all of our other applications (Office, Accounting, File services, etc...). We are in the process of bringing these applications in-house (about 40 users), but are debating on whether to also bring Exchange/BES inhouse too.

We don't have much of an internal IT staff, so I'm considering hosting Exchange and BES, but will only do so if I can find a provider who is nearly bullet proof (technically), and highly customer service oriented.

Can anyone speak to their experiences with a hosted provider when hosting over 30 mailboxes and BBerrys? If I go down the hosted road, it needs to be someone who is in it for the long haul.

Any opinions are appreciated.
I'd like to know the same thing. Who is a rock solid provider of BES/Exchange? Which providers have the proper redundancy, security, backup (with copies provided on a regular basis to the customer) and long-term reliability as well as SLA's?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:19 AM   #64
W-N

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-N
I'd like to know the same thing. Who is a rock solid provider of BES/Exchange? Which providers have the proper redundancy, security, backup (with copies provided on a regular basis to the customer) and long-term reliability as well as SLA's?
Additionally, the BES/Exchange provider must have Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam protection. We host our own email now and scan inbound messages with two different AV scanners as well as anti-spam scanning. Approximately 56% of inbound messages on our server are determined to be spam and are deleted automatically, without bothering the user. We also prohibit inbound potentially dangerous executable/script files including those in regular and encrypted zip files. We stop many viruses before definitions are available because of this. If they only made BES with IMail compatibility, I'd be happy. I dont want the hassle of running an Exchange server.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:53 PM   #65
dyzs
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9100
Carrier: TMO

I just ran the cnet test using a 7105t roaming on Roger's Wireless and I get 267kbps. This doesn't seem too accurate to me.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #66
floripaolo

Model: 7130e
Default bell mobility and bes

I have a 7130e with bell mobility. I need full internet access. Especially for internet banking. What do I need?
-additional mds hosting?
-do I still need it with 4.0?
-ive read somewher bell Canada provides bes hosting for an additional fee (isn't that nice?). Link?
-will browsing be faster with mds?

Thanks for help!

Paolo
Old 02-10-2006, 01:35 AM   #67
Larry Elliott

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone
Default User From New Zealand

I am considering subsribing to a Hosted BES system but I am in New Zealand. Are there any companies that will allow international users - note I am also a mac user so would prefer someone who has worked with Entourage <> Exchange.
Thanks
Larry Elliott
Old 02-27-2006, 03:06 AM   #68
Weasy2k

Model: 7250

I'm also looking for MDS hosting...i went to both link exchange and eoutlook but both don't mention MDS. I don't wanna get something that wont get me where I want :P

And that is IM importantly...

EDIT: Spelling issues

Last edited by Weasy2k; 02-27-2006 at 03:36 AM..
Old 03-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #69
kyrojin

Model: 7130e

just saw this on the net and thought i'd let you know as i know it was your hard work to make this FAQ...

http://www.skycomp.ca/index.php?opti...d=13&Itemid=28
Old 03-02-2006, 01:45 AM   #70
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many
Carrier: Sprint

Sprint now offers the "Easy Office" solution. Sprint is offering hosted Exhange and BES for $20.00 monthly per unit.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:30 PM   #71
ina-nyminute
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7510
Default The "new" Mailstreet (after the merger)

I've been on Mailstreet for a couple of years with multiple accounts.

Before the merger I highly recommended Mailstreet to anybody, now I'm looking for another Hosted Bes provider.

When I call tech support before noon (e.s.t.) I get the outsouced tech (sounds like India, maybe not though).
I have not been able to login to my account (reseller) for about 4 months and when I call it's been a hassle, where as before the merger, the techs where great.
I'll post more as time goes by.

I'm an IT contractor who has been considering offering Hosted Exchange to my clients, but now I think I keep that idea on the back burner for a little longer.
This merger/ acquistion crap really is causing alot of troubles.
If only we could make a company sign a contract promising they will not sell my account to somebody else.

Pissed off in NYC...
in a new york minute
Old 03-22-2006, 12:51 PM   #72
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

I believe eOutlook is now part of Mailstreet as well.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:39 PM   #73
Tastypeppers

Model: 8830
Carrier: T-Mobile

New here -- new to Blackberry, left a Treo 650 behind and test-drove Pocket PCs but it was all just too fussy for what I wanted to do.

One BB user. Own Exchange 2003 server. Too small for my own BES of course. Thus hosted BES seems like a good idea.

Has anyone seen something like the Colibri Mobile Office Premium service at gpxs DOT net (silly blackberryforums won't let me post a URL since I'm brand new here), where the hosted BES appears to talk to my Exchange server via OWA? This would truly be The Best Of All Possible Worlds. My own Exchange Server would always be up to date, but someone else would absorb the headache of running the BES for me.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:39 AM   #74
phrider
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9812
PIN: 6.02214179E23
Carrier: TMO US

Quote:
Originally Posted by ina-nyminute
When I call tech support before noon (e.s.t.) I get the outsouced tech (sounds like India, maybe not though).
That has not been my experience -- same Mailstreet techs as before, just as helpful as before. They've grown 25% since October, so they may have some growing pains, however.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:49 PM   #75
Rushisawesome88

Default Mds

I was just looking at RIM's developer info, and I really like the browser-push stuff, but they say I need a BES. Can I do this with a hosted BES, or do I need to get my own?

Thanks
Old 05-18-2006, 05:14 AM   #76
dazh

Model: 8800
PIN: 250E532A
Carrier: O2

Hi, does anyone know of any BES Hosting in the UK or one that could accomodate us.

Thanks
Old 05-23-2006, 06:02 AM   #77
ronedwards
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: Vodafone

Hi, does anyone know of any BES Hosting in Australia or one that could accomodate us.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2006, 10:51 AM   #78
awdawg

Carrier: US Cellular

what exactly is the difference between some of these hosts and say what my service provider has available for me to use I know the email and web service from US Cellular runs 40 a month, and to me that is by far a rip off.... heck I can get a 56k service thats faster for 10 a month... and I see online here at most of these places it is a 50 dollar setup and a 10-13 dollar a month fee, to me that looks very peasable... can someone shed some light as to whether they work with every service provider? and whether I need to have anything in particular already setup on my bb? thanks much
Old 09-21-2006, 05:50 AM   #79
carlogero

Question BB OS Software 4.0 upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess
Oh boy, this post will be uneccassary once 4.0 BWC comes out :D

I cant wait.
hi guess,
i have a slide problem w BB 4.0 OS when i try to install it on too my BB 6210 its says "Syntax Error in 1 line of XML"

what can it be,
any suggestions tips very welcome

carlogero
Old 10-26-2006, 06:06 AM   #80
carlogero

Post My BB 6210 Email BES...

hi there,
I got a Blackberry 6210 from Ebay and got myself a FIDO card for it.
And now it comes i tried to get a Blackberry Email Acc. which is allmost impossible with FIDO...
Though if you invest some time,that's what i did went to BlackberryForums.com so a Site for Rogers AT&T wireless click on it and it rerouts me to cingular....!!!!

No comes the best i tipe my PIN & EMEI in the proper fields and voila i got myself a Blackberry email ...

How is that possible?With a FIDO card to get a Cingular Blackberry Email Acc.?

Any Suggestions apresiated...

Carmelo
Closed Thread