BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 07:20 PM   #41
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Please Login to Remove!

Download a current version, the version I downloaded a couple mo's back off DayLite sync...
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksponsler
Has anyone here heard about a new version of PocketMac. I can sync to iCal and AddressBook, but not to DayLite. The support from PocketMac has been sporadic. Thanks, Mark
Old 03-20-2006, 04:14 PM   #42
lpasarew

Model: 7100T
Default Mac Sync

I have tried to use Pocket Mac to sync my BB7100t to my new MacBook Pro but it does not recognize my BB. Does anyone know if Pocket Mac software works with the MacBook Pro?
Old 03-20-2006, 07:17 PM   #43
rossf
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpasarew
I have tried to use Pocket Mac to sync my BB7100t to my new MacBook Pro but it does not recognize my BB. Does anyone know if Pocket Mac software works with the MacBook Pro?
No. It says on their website...

"As our engineers work an a workaround, we will be releasing updates starting very shortly to accommodate this new change in the Intel Duo machines"
Old 03-21-2006, 01:04 PM   #44
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

I hope they improve it in other respects too. It's been a long time since there was an upgrade. There was some talk about the next version having the capability to install files, but nothing ever came of it.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:38 PM   #45
Meatbag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_RA
I am using PocketMac 3.12 (mac OS 10.4.1) and it works flawlessly.
yup me too. I've been syncing with Now Contact for contacts and Entourage for calender stuff.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=29427

Last edited by Meatbag; 03-21-2006 at 07:41 PM..
Old 03-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #46
pjdrsd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Default Works for me

I am running OS 10.3.9, using Entourage and PocketMac 3.12 and it works fine for me. Only thing I've run into is that PockeMac likes to put the "Work 1" phone as just "Phone" on the device, but it all syncs up great and has from the beginning. Sorry to hear so many people are having issues with it because I think it is a great product.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:57 PM   #47
blackberet

Model: 7105t
Default Can't wait for SyncAgain for Mac

My husband and I bought BBs only after we heard that there was new software out there to sync it with Macs - PocketMac. In fact, we each paid for the program in January (even though one purchase was good for two users), just to offer support for the company we thought of as the little guys making the world better for Mac Users. Boy, were we wrong. They've made my world worse and offered no (tech) support in return.

I've had the erratic syncing problems, the deletion of phone numbers problems, the changing of labels problems, and the horrendous tech support problems (like no response for three weeks, and then one that doesn't even answer the question asked!) that some other users here have had. In fact, here is the first line of the last (also useless) e-mail I got from tech support: " I know the current version of PocketMac for BlackBerry has some bugs to work out." It goes on to say the next version should have "a much smoother user experience". By the time it comes out, though, I hope SyncAgain from EpiCad comes out with its standalone software so I never have to deal with PocketMac again.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #48
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

I don't think epicad is working on this project anymore. There hasn't been a peep out of them for over a year! I think when PocketMac came out they put the project on hold.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:57 PM   #49
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberet
I know the current version of PocketMac for BlackBerry has some bugs to work out." It goes on to say the next version should have "a much smoother user experience". By the time it comes out, though, I hope SyncAgain from EpiCad comes out with its standalone software so I never have to deal with PocketMac again.
When PocketMac got licensed by RIM and became free, there was a likely big surge of users that overwhelmed their tech support. So you may have to bear with them until the new release.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 04-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #50
cman6453

Model: 7130c
Carrier: Cingular

I have the latest version PM on OSX 10.3.9, non-Intel PB G4. So far, so good.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:52 PM   #51
Kripto

Model: 8700

PocketMac is about 20% of the way there.. Its by no means a business grade application.. Im sorry..

At this point, since its free, you get what you pay for. The developers there seem to ignore support requests, advertise functionality that simply isn't there and mis-represent other functions. (like working with iSync)

I've used Many different types of devices from Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola and Samsung, they all work as advertised.

I've used MissingSync (by Mark/Space) for Palm and PocketPC .. that is a kickass App... its really too bad a company like that isn't doing a blackberry sync app.. they would kick IA out of the water..
Old 04-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #52
kstew

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

Just got my 8700c and downloaded PocketMac...works great with my Address Book/iCal...worked flawlessly the very first time.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:32 PM   #53
cblackberrynyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: at&t your world. Delivered.

RIM didn't get what they paid for, and RIM's Blackberry customers which count on syncing with Mac's sure as hell are not getting what they paid for either. RIM PR'ed twice 1/2005 and 1/2006 that there was a solution for mac users wanting to use blackberrys. Well when RIM says they have a solution RIM's business track record says they have a solution. There is NO solution Pocketmac for Blackberry from IAA is junk. Its not reliable, Its not anything close to the quality RIM is know for. If syncing a blackberry is important to mac users, staying far away from RIM's mac blackberry solution is the only real solution. DO yourself a favor buy one of those smartphones from that company in Sunnyvale, CA, and then get yourself a copy of missing sync from marks/space. Move up to how sync should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kripto
PocketMac is about 20% of the way there.. Its by no means a business grade application.. Im sorry..

At this point, since its free, you get what you pay for. The developers there seem to ignore support requests, advertise functionality that simply isn't there and mis-represent other functions. (like working with iSync)

I've used Many different types of devices from Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola and Samsung, they all work as advertised.

I've used MissingSync (by Mark/Space) for Palm and PocketPC .. that is a kickass App... its really too bad a company like that isn't doing a blackberry sync app.. they would kick IA out of the water..
Old 05-14-2006, 05:28 PM   #54
Mike Van der Loos

Model: 7100g
Default slow speed on BB calendar withe data ported from Treo and Mac via PM

Recently got a 7100g (Cingular) to replace my Treo 600 (Verizon) service. I used PocketMac to create a 1-MB iCAL file and ported it to the 7100. Worked fine, but I was tempted to interrupt it when it **appeared to ** quit responding. I let it sit there for 30 minutes, and finally everything got resolved. However, the problem is that, in 'day' view, when going from one date to the next, it takes the little 7100 FOUR SECONDS. Also, when I create an event, it takes 1-2 seconds after completing the entry to be accepted into the database. This is incredibly and unacceptably slow. Anyone seen this behavior with a large CAL file? I am tempted to upgrade to the 7290, but the benchmarks on this forum indicate a modest speed increase (30%). So now it would only take 2.5 seconds rather than 4 to get form one date to the next. Still absurdly slow. Tempted to go back to a Treo if no BB solution out there.

Thanks!
--Mike
=====
Old 05-15-2006, 06:58 AM   #55
Chinasaur
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z30
Carrier: T-Mobile

I only synced three or four hundred iCal entries. My 7290 (4.0.2.69) takes a second or two to "Organize database" when first accessing calendar, and lags moving around, although I don't think as much as yours.

Don't know how much of a performance boost you would get upgrading. And it's definately not a PocketMac issue. I think you're seeing native performance issues.

Luck.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:49 PM   #56
BB-8700G

Model: 8700g

I got my 8700G a week ago - Pocketmac has never worked.
It takes across one third of my contacts in Address Book... seeminly randomly from the list.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:44 PM   #57
proussak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-8700G
I got my 8700G a week ago - Pocketmac has never worked.
It takes across one third of my contacts in Address Book... seeminly randomly from the list.
I have the same issue - a random one-third sync with my Entourage contacts (calendar and tasks worked OK, and I synced contacts from Outlook on my one remaining Windows machine - never thought I'd be glad to still have that POS). PM tech support is (supposedly) looking at the issue, I'll post if I ever hear anything back from them (NHMB).
Old 05-16-2006, 07:41 PM   #58
Damo

Model: 8700g

Interesting that 8700g owners BB-8700G and proussak are having similar problems to me - could PocketMac simply not like this BB model? My problem is that sometimes for no apparent reason Entourage events or contacts will not sync over onto the BB. During the sync PocketMac picks up on these items, but when you click "Restore", the PM software doesn't "apply" the changes. Very frustrating.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:32 PM   #59
jtdesigns

just got my 8700 and installed pocketmac .. works great.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:35 PM   #60
oodude69

Model: 7130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
When PocketMac got licensed by RIM and became free, there was a likely big surge of users that overwhelmed their tech support. So you may have to bear with them until the new release.
No, I dealt with them which I bought their product to sync my PocketPC to my Mac. It would not work and tech support was useless.
Closed Thread