BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:28 AM   #1
andyrojas

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: 12Call / AIS
Question My BBM sends msg to some contacts only, depending on geographical location of contact

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry for long title, but it resumes what my problem is. Let me explain further, so maybe someone may help me find the reason for this problem and hopefully its solution, please.

I am living in southern Thailand. No 3g coverage, but BB does display most of time EDGE, or sometimes edge. I purchased for 300 baht a 12Call (AIS BlackBerry service) sim card that claims to provide unlimited BBM, voicecalls, and facebook, by toping up 300 baht monthly.

Voicecalls and facebook have worked very well, but bbm is behaving weird: i can only use bbm with contacts that are in europe, e.g. Spain, and also with contacts here in Thailand, but the only reason for acquiring this sim was to be able to be in touch with most of my BBM contacts that live in Colombia, South America, but for some reason the messages i send them or that they send me just dont go through. The check mark does appear next to the msg i try to send, but no letter such as 'D' or 'R' appear, so i assume the msg is getting stuck somewhere in between.

The callcenter for AIS currently has the blackbery department unavailablet, so they havent been able to assist me. I already tried the methods from the BlackBerryFaq wesite to resend the service books but this hasnt worked.

I deeply appreciate any opinions as to what the reason or solution might be for this problem.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:42 AM   #2
andyrojas

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: 12Call / AIS
Default Re: My BBM sends msg to some contacts only, depending on geographical location of con

please remove this thread. very very stupid reason for what was happening (they had their bb's off on the moments i tried to send them mesage). i apollogize for wasting your time.
Closed Thread