Old 10-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #1
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default RIM Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interrupti

Please Login to Remove!

Research In Motion Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interruptions

Waterloo, ON - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) announced today that a selection of premium apps worth a total value of more than US $100 will be offered free of charge to subscribers as an expression of appreciation for their patience during the recent service disruptions. The apps will be made available to customers over the coming weeks on BlackBerry® App World™ and will continue to be available until December 31, 2011.*

"Our global network supports the communications needs of more than 70 million customers," said RIM Co-CEO Mike Lazaridis. "We truly appreciate and value our relationship with our customers. We've worked hard to earn their trust over the past 12 years, and we're committed to providing the high standard of reliability they expect, today and in the future."

The complete selection of premium apps will become available to download at BlackBerry App World over a period of four weeks beginning Wednesday, October 19th. The selections over this period will include the following (with more to come):

SIMS 3 - Electronic Arts
Bejeweled - Electronic Arts
N.O.V.A. - Gameloft
Texas Hold'em Poker 2 - Gameloft
Bubble Bash 2 - Gameloft
Photo Editor Ultimate - Ice Cold Apps
DriveSafe.ly Pro - iSpeech.org
iSpeech Translator Pro - iSpeech.org
Drive Safe.ly Enterprise - iSpeech.org
Nobex Radio™ Premium - Nobex
Shazam Encore - Shazam
Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant - Vlingo

RIM's enterprise customers will also be offered one month of free Technical Support. Current customers will be offered a complimentary one month extension of their existing Technical Support contract, and customers who do not currently have a Technical Support contract will be offered a one month trial of RIM's BlackBerry Technical Support Services - Enhanced Support, free of charge. Additional details about the program and information about how to register will be available at Enterprise Offer.

"We are grateful to our loyal BlackBerry customers for their patience," added Lazaridis. "We have apologized to our customers and we will work tirelessly to restore their confidence. We are taking immediate and aggressive steps to help prevent something like this from happening again.

* Please note that the availability of this offer will depend on the type of device, operating system version, access to BlackBerry App World and local conditions and/or restrictions.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Default Re: RIM Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interrupti

I will definitely be taking advantage of extending our company's Technical Support contract.

Users can fend for themselves
Old 10-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
fourstringfuror
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Q10
Carrier: VZW
Default Re: RIM Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interrupti

Looks like DriveSafe.ly Pro is available today, but I'm not seeing it in App World.

Anyone else?
Old 10-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Downloaded it already.
There is a new Panel in the middle section labeled "A Thank You Gift" that has DriveSafe.ly in it.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
fourstringfuror

I'll keep an eye out. I don't see that yet.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
Medic48
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringfuror View Post
I'll keep an eye out. I don't see that yet.
You need to logout of BB App World and Log back in to App World to see it. That's what I had to do.

--Phil
Old 10-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
fourstringfuror

I really hate to be so dense, but I'm not seeing it at all. I'm running v3.0.0.73, so I don't think that's the problem.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #8
Medic48

Model: 9810
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringfuror View Post
I really hate to be so dense, but I'm not seeing it at all. I'm running v3.0.0.73, so I don't think that's the problem.
Try this:
KB24714-How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

It details on how to refresh your app world cache.

Cheers,
--Phil
Old 10-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
fourstringfuror

Worked like a charm. Thank you.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #10
fourstringfuror

Anybody get a copy of DriveSafe.ly? Pretty cool app.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

I had it a few years ago, and stopped using it due to bugs (like the inability to shut it down without popping the battery) but I reinstalled it now.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #12
fourstringfuror

It's a bit buggy, but I'm willing to give it a chance. It was free, after all.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #13
Thiego-uk

Model: SGS2
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

If I'm not wrong there is a subscription price after a certain time. Some ppl are really pissed about this starting app. I have mixed feelings.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #14
fourstringfuror

How could anyone be pissed? It's free.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #15
TinkersWorkshop

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-mobile

Hey all you "Loyal Rim Customers",

Are you happy with Rim's generous gift offering, in appreciation for accepting the recent outage and our loses?

2 Worthless Gifts so far?

#1 Bubble Bash 2 - a low rated game & #2 DriveSafe.ly Pro - Free of charge for a limited time. What is the limited time a few weeks, month a year?

In 2 days that's all they could come up with? Worthless!

I think we need to let them know how we feel by using Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and any other place you're able to post to let them know how you feel!

We all lost services and they can't honor what they promised?

Signed a 2yr contract to upgrade to the 9780 to get os6 to find (like everyone else) that it was so bad that Rim decided we should upgrade again to os7 oh and you must buy a new phone because it won't work with your current phone you and there won't be updates for os6 because they want us so disgusted that we'll blindly spend our money on a new phone so we can upgrade!

But wait there is another new os for 2012 that will make Rim popular again of course you'll need to buy another phone!

Does Rim think we're that stupid? Suffering through service outages and worthless upgrades just so they can continue to take our money!

They have already renamed the QNX operating system to BBX (before its even released) making it sound like they have something else in the wings to release once it has made them enough money so they can scam their "loyal customers" once again. Hopefully they'll have reduced their "loyal customers" (the remaining fools) enough to finally fold!

Note: Android and Apple are getting all the best applications as Rim continues to lose ground.

Thanks for letting me rant but do seriously think about how Rim really regards their customers and make the move to any one of the better alternatives.

The Tinker

Last edited by TinkersWorkshop; 10-20-2011 at 09:37 PM..
Old 10-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #16
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Nice first post.
Feel free to contact RIM.
This forum is privately owned, staffed with volunteers and not associated with RIM.
They can be reached at +1 877 BLK-BERR.
Best of luck.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #17
TinkersWorkshop

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-mobile
Angry Re: RIM Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interrupti

Thanks for the compliment however contacting Rim is a waste of time.

I'm the IT manager for my company and am the administrator for every phone in the company and I've never needed support for any cell phone except for Blackberry and they have kept me online for hours at a time and at the end are clueless. How many times do they expect users to reinstall the os and pull the battery?

Yeah Rim has lost all all respect & loyalty from someone who's been using Blackberry's for the last 10 years!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #18
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Switch. No one is holding a gun to your head.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #19
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Keep in mind we have seen only a few free apps so far, so how do you know they will all be "worthless"?
Old 10-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #20
fourstringfuror

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkersWorkshop View Post
Hey all you "Loyal Rim Customers",

Are you happy with Rim's generous gift offering, in appreciation for accepting the recent outage and our loses?
Actually, yes. Were you expecting a personal apology from Balsille?

Your mind is made up anyway, so why do you care? Go play with an iPhone and tell Siri all about your problems with RIM. You certainly going to convince anyone with that kind of attitude.