BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
yg17
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default So what does being cheap get you?

Please Login to Remove!

A non-working headphone adapter and an eBay seller that doesn't respond.

Just a word of warning for anyone planning on buying the Pearl headphone adapter from this guy, don't.

I thought I'd save a few bucks and get that since it was considerably cheaper than the Seidio one. I finally got it on Tuesday (I ordered on Jan 6th, it took that long), and it just doesn't work. The BB refuses to recognize that anything's even plugged in there and the music comes out of the speaker.

So I sent him an email and haven't received a response (which, now looking at his feedback, seems to be the norm). I want a full refund, not the store credit BS like the auction says, because what am I going to with his store credit...buy another faulty product? And, another gem on that page is that all refund requests must be within 14 days of auction's end...kind of tough when it takes more than 14 days to ship the damn thing. Hopefully the PayPal claim I just filed will light a fire under his ass...frankly, it's not about the money. It cost me 5 dollars and change, it's about principle of the thing.

So if you were thinking about getting an adapter off eBay, don't. You get what you pay for. I just put in an order for the Seidio one, even if it is 3 times as more, at least I know I'll get a working adapter and some actual customer service should it be needed.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:55 AM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

** Moved to Rants & Raves Forum **
Old 01-26-2007, 08:51 AM   #3
blakeatl
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

What was his percentage rating?
Old 01-26-2007, 09:10 AM   #4
yg17
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeatl
What was his percentage rating?
98.8 %....
Old 01-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with eBay. I have used them for year both buying and selling. You are doing the right thing going through Paypal since this is part of their buyer protection service. I wouldn't discount this one bad experience as a broad stroke example of eBay. With any purchase in store or online, their is still a chance that the product will not work. It then comes down to their customer support. Feedback left by bad transactions is noticed by others so if you haven't I would recommend you do. I purchased my BT headset from eBay and saved about 60% off retail. Works like a charm. For the purposes of your eBay experience I would also recommend going through their buyer assistance reconsiliation.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #6
blakeatl
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Such a high rating and they drop the ball on a $5 item? I've shopped Ebay for years and haven't had a single issue yet. I guess I've been lucky so far.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:51 PM   #7
No Longer Registered.

Talking about eBay.. I'm kindda disappointed with that company.

Have been straight PowerSeller for almost a year now and they removed one of my listing for circumventing of fees. This is for the THB Bury Technologies Car Kit for the BlackBerry 8100. My shipping and handling charge for Priority Shipping was about $8.00 and they remove it. I guess they want me to ship it for $5 for a 2 lbs item?

Right now, I am not selling stuffs as much there. In fact, I will keep it low there and won't even try to sell anything there if I can. And besides, I mostly sell BlackBerry stuffs anyway, I might as well offer it here for much lesser than they offer on eBay. I just think that they should ask the seller first to justify rather than removing your list for good. You can't even relist it because the listing does not exist.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:03 AM   #8
Ashton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7510
Carrier: Boost Mobile (nextel prepaid)

I've used ebay for a long time, have had to file 2 claims, one got canceled because I got sick and didn't respond in time ($100 copy of MS Office I bought, the guy left me positive feedback, and supposedly got shipped, but I never ecieved it...) and the other the seller decided to exchange the faulty product as long as I paid shipping fee to return mine (12gb Microdrive, first one was broke, and the second one worked fine in PC but not in my PDA)

If you want a wired headset, go to safedriver.org (saferdriver.org?) they're giving away headsets for free, I just ordered one monday (if anyone's wondering about it, I'll post when I get it about the quality) just $4 for shipping.

My eBay BB came with a headset, a damn good one too for the price! (wired, but still VERY nice... damn cat... used it once before it was chewed in half...) so, sometimes it's a steal and sometimes you get what ou pay for, that's eBay, you're bound to find a few bad eggs if you look at rock-bottom long enough
Old 01-30-2007, 06:30 AM   #9
Alxcab
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesecatt
Talking about eBay.. I'm kindda disappointed with that company.

Have been straight PowerSeller for almost a year now and they removed one of my listing for circumventing of fees. This is for the THB Bury Technologies Car Kit for the BlackBerry 8100. My shipping and handling charge for Priority Shipping was about $8.00 and they remove it. I guess they want me to ship it for $5 for a 2 lbs item?
That doesn't sound right at all. Ebay is horrible with their "Policy" and rules that don't seem to apply to everyone. If they removed your listing for charging $8 to ship something that's 2 lbs, they should really look at their Ebay Motors section where a set of wheels costs $250 to ship???
Closed Thread