BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
Stingray99

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Verizon
Default BB Phone Can't Send Mail, But Can Receive Fine???

Please Login to Remove!

Hey All,
Been running BES 4.1.5 on Exchange 2003 SP2 for a couple of weeks now with no issues. Everything was fine until today, when we realized that we could receive mail to our phones, but could not send from the phones. When attempting to send, we receive an instant red X, and the message is not sent. I verified that the BesAdmin still has Send As and Receive As permissions, as well as checking that the account is not part of any protected groups. A few of us have phones on different carriers, so I'll eliminate them as a culprit. The Event Viewer does show a message from the Blackberry MDS Connector. The error reads as follows:

EXCHANGE_MDS-CS_1<ERROR>EXCEPTION, net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.exception.a:net .rim.shared.service.e: PushServiceFactory failed to create service:java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException

There's also an error from the Blackberry Messaging Agent stating:

{user@domain.org} Send() failed: ERR_SUBMIT_MAIL, tag=12345

Besides those two errors, the Exchange server seems to be functioning just fine. Only the BES is not working correctly. As stated before, no changes were made at all to the server, it simply stopped letting us send mail from the phones. Any help would be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your replies and time.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
Mark_Venture
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile (w) - Verizon (P)

Do you also have send as/receive as AD permissions on EACH user's account in AD?

i.e. in Active Directory, you need to give the BES Admin account Send As/Receive As permissions on each user account.

-> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all
Old 07-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
Stingray99

Thanks for the reply Mark. I just peeked in AD, and the BesAdmin account does show as having "Full Mailbox Access" for the users. Send As and Receive As are not even listed options there...strange. It was working fine until today using these rights listed above. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #4
ashworth
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

For more info on setting the Send as permissions take a peek at:
The xxx34;Send Asxxx34; right is removed from a user object after you configure the xxx34;Send Asxxx34; right in the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in in Exchange Server
and
besadmin - Creating the BESAdmin Account

My BlackBerry GPS Golf Application | Mileage Calculator
Old 07-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #5
shabbaranks
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone

Hey guys, since upgrading to 4.1.6 we are experiencing the same problems. All the rights are correct and the bes account has the "send as" permissions. The thing is its only effected some users which is very strange - any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:48 AM   #6
gibson_hg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: NA
PIN: 80081ES
Carrier: NA

Are those user part of any admin groups? Certain groups also lose their Send As rights.

Check MS KB Delegated permissions are not available and inheritance is automatically disabled

That will give the groups and ways to get around it if that is the case.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #7
shabbaranks
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100

hey, nope its a single BES account specifically for the blackberry's. All the rights are correct as I have browsed via webmail (to the user's who is having problems account) and sent an e-mail via the besadmin account so all is fine there. It just seems to be a problem from the handheld... Very strange
Old 07-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
Stabs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Do you also have send as/receive as AD permissions on EACH user's account in AD?

i.e. in Active Directory, you need to give the BES Admin account Send As/Receive As permissions on each user account.
I've never heard of needing receive as permissions.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:06 AM   #9
scorpius
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: The Donkey

Which ones cannot sent? Is it everyone or a particular group? Or is it a OU in Active Directory?

Has there been a change in Active Directory. Maybe a Restore or a Delete?

Firewall or Proxy?

My 2 cents...
Old 07-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #10
Stingray99

Hi Gibson, It looks like you were right on. Select users lost their Send As rights. I manually added the BesAdmin account to the broken users, checked the options to Send As and Receive As, and all was well.....for an hour (until AD ran). After AD ran, some users lost the Send As option, while others retained the Send As option. I'm digging more into the problem now, but thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Scorpius, No changes have been made to this server at all for a couple of weeks. No changes in AD, Restores, Deletes, Firewalls, proxies, etc. It simply stopped working out of nowhere yesterday after two weeks of running perfectly.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #11
scorpius
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: The Donkey

Are those users not part of any other admin group (backup operators, Printer operators...etc....etc..). They do not necessarily need to be part of the administrators group. Just to be a member of a group with partials admin rights will create the same problem.