BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
samg

Model: 7100T
Default Please Help! T-mobile 7100t!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys,

I just purschased a 7100t on tmobile in the uk market. I have spend all day on the phone with T-mobile getting the meail set up as they hadn't activated my account.

They use a online setup/mail facility (like webmail) where you can add you blackberry email accounts, do the settings etc. This is fine and easy to set up BUT on the actual blackberry I have no "Email Settings" menu to be found anywhere!! And if I'm out and want to set up an account or just generally see the email settings on the 7100t it seems I can't!

Can somebody please help, its driving me insane, also does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Enterprise Activation" which is the 1st thing at the top of the menu above Messages.

I know people have raved about the 7100t, I was so excited but today its driven me crazy I've considered taking it back, I'm not even new to computers or phones at all but this thing has rules of its own. Any help would be really appreciated (you can probably tell I'm on my knees begging!! ) T mobile have been crap and dont know where I find the email settings menu.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2005, 11:22 AM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by samg
Hi Guys,

They use a online setup/mail facility (like webmail) where you can add you blackberry email accounts, do the settings etc. This is fine and easy to set up BUT on the actual blackberry I have no "Email Settings" menu to be found anywhere!! And if I'm out and want to set up an account or just generally see the email settings on the 7100t it seems I can't!
Right. The web client is where you set up your accounts. You don't set them up from the device itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samg
Can somebody please help, its driving me insane, also does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Enterprise Activation" which is the 1st thing at the top of the menu above Messages.
You don't get rid of it. You can hide it. Hold down the ALT key and click the icon with the trackwheel. You'll get the option to hide the icon.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
samg

Model: 7100T

thanks very much, thats very helpful, so infact, the web client is the only way to set up email accounts. its strange because the handbook refers to have an "email settings" menu which I have no trace of.

Thanks again.
Samuel
Old 07-12-2005, 11:53 AM   #4
ventmore
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

I have a 7100t with T-Mobile UK, and I can set accounts up from the handheld if I want to. I find it quicker to do it through the web client, but the choice is there if I want it. My "Email Settings" option is under the "Settings" sub-menu. As for why you don't have this option, and why you have an "Enterprise Activation" item, I don't know. Phone T-Mobile back, and ask to speak to the Blackberry Team...I have always found them very helpful in the past......maybe you just got a bad operator.

Hope you get it sorted
Ventmore
Closed Thread