Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
FRiZzOBB

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Default BES 10 Licenses.

Please Login to Remove!

I'm a bit confused with the trade up program and don't want my current BES to be affected by a BES 10 install. If I trade up my licenses does my current BES continue to function?? I would like to slowly transition people to Z10 devices.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors
Default Re: BES 10 Licenses.

You trade in CALs, not SRP.

You can trade 1 CAL or CAL pack at a time until end of year.

I dont think they monitor BES 5 or 4.x CALs as I traded mine up already and still on BES 5
you might not get support if they figure it out during a call
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
nobody7290
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: t-mobile Germany

Even better:
If you now trade up a CAL, the current BES5 Cal will remain valid and active.
At the end of the trade-up phase, only those cals which are used on the BDS are converted to permanent CALs and, all not currently used remain active for BES v5.

I think, this is a very generous offer from RIM, because it allows you for a long time test, and, if not sucessful for all or some devices, your Licenses will remain valid for the BES v5 Platform.

As I understand it, you even might trade up only a partial amount of licenses for a given key.

This is the fine print if you trade up a CAL:
Quote:
----------------
This trade-up program shall be available from January 23, 2013 through December 31, 2013, subject to extension at RIMs sole discretion, ("Program Period"). You are authorized to trade-up Your entire licensed quantity of keys associated with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server CAL keys.* To continue with the order process for the BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 version 10.0 (BlackBerry® Device Service and Universal Device Service) and/or BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 Enterprise Mobility Management Standard v10.0 for BlackBerry Client Access Licenses (CALS) (as applicable)**, that You selected at the time of order please read this Notice and click "I Agree" below. If You do not wish to continue with the order process after reading this Notice click the "I Disagree" button below.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server CALS ("BES CALS") traded will remain valid for BlackBerry OS devices until the end of the Program Period at which time You shall have acquired and activated BlackBerry 10 smartphones with BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10. Trade-up licenses issued to You are temporary licenses and valid during the Program Period ONLY and are limited to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 EMM Standard for BlackBerry features and capabilities. Following the Program Period BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 EMM Standard for BlackBerry v10 CALS ("v10 CALS") will be issued to You by RIM to replace the temporary licenses corresponding to the actual quantity of BlackBerry 10 smartphones activated during the Program Period and shall not exceed the quantity of temporary licenses issued during the Program Period. Upon termination of the Program Period the BlackBerry Enterprise Server CALS which You have utilized during the Program Period will no longer be available for future use. Any unused quantities of BlackBerry Enterprise Server CALS which You have not utilized during the Program Period will continue to be available for current or future use at the end of this trade-up program. You further acknowledge and agree Your use of the new v10 CALS shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the BlackBerry Solution License Agreement ("BBSLA"), unless You have a separate agreement with RIM governing Your use of this software and the new v10 CALS. The current BBSLA can be found at BlackBerry - BlackBerry | BlackBerry.com Legal Notices from Research in Motion (RIM) - US.

* Partial trade-ups are permitted.

** This offer is NOT applicable for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express CALS or BlackBerry Enterprise Server Trial CALS.

© 2013 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
FRiZzOBB

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Thank you for your response. Exactly what I needed to know. Have you managed any android devices with it yet?
Old 03-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
GrandMstrBud
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: 2075BBB4
Carrier: Carrier

We have 40 CAL's for BES 4/5. Can those be upgraded to BES 10? For as much as it cost for these I would think it would be included.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
We have 40 CAL's for BES 4/5. Can those be upgraded to BES 10? For as much as it cost for these I would think it would be included.

they should be able to be upgraded for free, I did some old 4.x ones with no issue. thinking it is included is wrong thinking, BlackBerry didnt have to do this at all but the did.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Closed Thread