Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
Spamdumpster
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t
Default Cingular Lost my Preorder for the 8100

Please Login to Remove!

I preordered the 8100 from Cingular yesterday just before noon east coast time. I got an email from Cingular confirming the order and prividing me an order number. If I check the order online it says status is "pending," but when I call Cingular premier order status hotline (866 499 8008), I'm told they have no record of my order. The cs rep with whom I spoke filled out a form so that someone would try to find my order in their system.

Is anyone able to confirm through the 866 number above that their order was processed?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:55 AM   #2
admartinezjr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100c
Carrier: AT&T

Last time I checked status online it said 'pending' as well. I just called the 866 number and the automated system gave me this message for my order: "Your order has been processed and will ship within 24 hrs".

I am hoping this is the case.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
th8100c

Model: 7100t

Evidently they put the Pearl up for sale on their website by mistake. They told me they have my order, but that the phone isn't available yet. I was told it would ship out whenever they become available. We should be notified by email when this happens.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:09 AM   #4
admartinezjr
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just called back and this time I spoke to a live person and told them I needed a status on my order. She put me on hold for 30 seconds and came back on the line and said the order has been completed and I should have a tracking number via email sometime today. She said if I don't get the email to call them back later tonight so they can provide it.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:51 AM   #5
Spamdumpster
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by admartinezjr
I just called back and this time I spoke to a live person and told them I needed a status on my order. She put me on hold for 30 seconds and came back on the line and said the order has been completed and I should have a tracking number via email sometime today. She said if I don't get the email to call them back later tonight so they can provide it.
Lucky bastard. They still can't find my order. Let us know if you get the email with the tracking info.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:58 AM   #6
1fastmr2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: 31201191
Carrier: Verizon

Cingular Raising the FUBAR!!! I called to find where I can order the Pearl. They told me they did not anything about the phone!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #7
Spamdumpster
CrackBerry Addict

Cingular premier CS just told me that "All of the order for the Pearl that were placed yesterday were cancelled" and "all orders will have to be placed again when the phones are received in inventory." He said that could be as early as Friday.

WTF. Does Cingular really suck this badly?
Old 11-29-2006, 10:43 AM   #8
western_rider's_dad
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

...another reminder of why I made the switch to T-Mobile. That, and to get the Pearl a month ago. Granted, I'm still a new T-Mo customer, but so far I've been pleased with the customer service. Cingular drove me nuts at times.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:05 AM   #9
snowskier79
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamdumpster
Cingular premier CS just told me that "All of the order for the Pearl that were placed yesterday were cancelled" and "all orders will have to be placed again when the phones are received in inventory." He said that could be as early as Friday.

W-O-W!!! That is horrible/awful CS!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:23 AM   #10
BlackBerryCoolSteve
BBF News Contributer

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers

Attempting to see if anyone else has experienced this - no confirmation yet.
BlackBerryCool » Even more Cingular Pearl woes
Old 11-29-2006, 11:49 AM   #11
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Now, that sucks! However, as a TMobile customer I do remember ordering my Pearl on rollout day, being told I'd have it in 3 days and not having it until over a week later. That was a long week, too!!! There's always issues on rollouts like these....
Old 11-29-2006, 12:02 PM   #12
admartinezjr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamdumpster

Spamdumpster,

Sorry to hear that you're going through such an awful ordeal with all of this. All I can say is my order has not been cancelled. I was told it should be shipping today. I ordered Next Day....then again, you never know. Cingular does not know what they're doing...this is terrible.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:33 PM   #13
tonydrone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300c
Carrier: Cingular

I don't understand how all cingular employee's don't get a "memo" informing them of things like this.. It'd be nice if everyone was on the same page.

[my mp3 clips]
Old 11-29-2006, 12:36 PM   #14
Megkins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

AMEN to that. I just can't believe that out of the numerous Cingular Employees I've asked they ALL seem to have a different answer. It's quite interesting but at the same time annoying! I just want a date...that's all!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:39 PM   #15
secrecyguy

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Interesting...
Old 11-29-2006, 12:53 PM   #16
Megkins
Thumbs Must Hurt

I mean I know T-mobiles exclusive is until the 1st, which I guess leaves us to believe the 1st, although why would people be able to get it from the premier site before then....and besides we don't even REALLY know if it will be in stores on the 1st...some have said January!
Old 11-29-2006, 03:52 PM   #17
Steve
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Wirelessly posted (Cingular-Blue 7290: BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/101)

Mine is supposedly at PENDING too. But rather than watch and wait on a Cingular webpage, I'll be watching for charges against my credit card account.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:48 PM   #18
SanFrancisco

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Not sure why there is a mystery to all this. As long as T-Mo has the exclusive on the Pearl, other companies cannot market the phone in any way. Sidenote: I am not sure anyone has posted positive proof that T-MO's exclusive runs out on December 1. I think that was speculation, now transformed into fact. Could be, but not sure.

That explains the silence or "I dunno" from the local sales reps. Any leaking of info, access to web pages, etc. are all typically done without Cingular's approval.

I heard over a month ago that a senior VP at Cingular said that the phone was not being released to consumers until January 2007. Sales to business customers may vary. Whether that has all changed to December is anyone's guess. At the time I speculated that T-Mo must have had an exclusive on sales to non-business customers through the heavy cell-phone buying holiday season. Maybe they don't. Guess we shall see on December 1. I know the Pearl is being marketed to non-professional users [the 190 million "non-BB" users]. So maybe sales to business accounts will occur earlier.

Because of the exclusive contract everyone has to shut up, even that RIM employee who e-mailed a BBF member and said the release date to Cingular was "confidential." Cingular cannot even say "coming soon" or words to that effect because that would violate the Agreements RIM has with T-Mo.

And because low-level sales reps in stores can't keep quiet, they are the last to know anything about upcoming phones, etc. Heck, look at how mouthy some have been to BBF members. They obviously can't keep a secret which is why executives are not telling them anything.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 11-29-2006 at 04:57 PM..
Old 11-29-2006, 04:51 PM   #19
snowskier79

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.

Excellent point/commentary SF!
Old 11-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #20
Megkins
Thumbs Must Hurt

I don't know much about this stuff, so I guess I just figured Cingular could pay off T-mo to shave some time off of that exclusive. I will definitely go by the exclusive end date although it's scary to hear that it may not be until 1/07!
Closed Thread