BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 12:59 AM   #61
forum83

Please Login to Remove!

I am on my second BT800 and the top of the plastic case (Opposite the buttons) cracks when I press down on it. The first BT800 was worst than the second, but both seem to do this. As anyone else noticed this happening??
Old 04-06-2005, 09:03 PM   #62
DTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjohn
I have seen numerous posts that contradict my findings but they never post sound clips under similar test conditions so I don't know if their standards are lower than mine as to what is acceptable or I just happened to hae the odd bad unit.
That is the very thing that sold me on a M3000 and the Tekkeon units. I lean more toward the M3000 more because I don't really like the ergonomic design of the Tekkeon and the M3000 actually angles the mic inward which is anatomically correct instead of straight. I do realize the M3000 is a little larger in size, but I first want a unit that is crystal clear and works great , then the look of the unit is important.

I use a Plantronic CS50 wireless headset at work and it is crystal clear. Actually clearer than the phone's headset and last all day with at least 6 hrs of use a day. I use this from 7:00am to 3:00 pm with no problems. The M3000 is bascially the same without the boom portion, so I don't think I would have a problem with the fit or I may just be use to the fit, but the CS50 is snug and doesn't flop around.

CS50

M3000

Old 04-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #63
bigfattony

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Default Bluetooth Headset Review

I just recently purchased the M3000 and have had no issues with it. It has great sound even when driving on rough pavement and also used it today at an accident seen in traffic without any problems.

It may be bigger than other units and not as pleasing to the eye but I'm not tring to make a fashion statement, I need it to be clear and easy to use and it does both of those quite well.

Putting on the ear takes a little getting used to and its not as snug as an in the ear type headset, but its pretty light and comfortable.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:52 PM   #64
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

From a pure sound standpoint, the M3000 has beat all of the other headsets I have tried in a noisy environment. In fact, I went further than just asking users, I would switch between headsets and ask them to tell me which sounded better while driving (I know a little crazy but in the name of science...). My problem was comfort and I admitedly must have small ears that are very sensitive. Plenty of people I know can walk around with the wired headset that comes with the phones without any problem and I can't. They drive me nuts (maybe its too late for that.) or I wouldn't be testing headsets. Keep the feedback coming and keep us updated on what you find as it helps us all find what works best for each of us.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 04-07-2005, 02:05 PM   #65
dotcom
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Rogers
Default Plantronics

Up here in Canada we have a narrow selection of headsets.

Most common mobile and electronic accessory stores carry the following products.

Motorola
HS 820 and 810

Jabra
BT 250

Plantronics
M2500

I have tried them all. I have returned them all.

I have tried the record a message idea Barjohn and that gives a good idea of what the caller hears. The Plantronics had a static and I think noise from the unit rubbing either my glasses or as my Jaw moved.

Background noise while silent was a big concern with all 3.
Comfort was secondary but a consideration none the less.

Planttronics and Motorola were least comfrotable but Jabra was most comfortable.

I am looking at the new BT headsets coming out in the following months and I will look for the M3000 but I cant find it here.

more as we search for the perfect Bluetooth
Old 04-07-2005, 03:11 PM   #66
Von Maestro

Model: 8230
Carrier: Verizon

Based largely on BarJohn's input & the fact that I use a plantronics headset at work (the same one listed in the earlier post), I bought the M3000.

Other than the fact that the form-factor is a little bulky (although not at all uncomfortable & "heavy" on my ear), it's been great so far. I get good range if I walk away from the BlackBerry (7250 btw) & so far eveyone has said that I am actually clearer than I was when I was using the 7250 as a phone directly.
The clarity on my end has been the same if not better (Verizon network), as the calls are as clear as they were with my old Audiovox 8900 (prior to swithing to the 7250).

Thanx for the work BarJohn. I probably would've bought the Jabra BT800 because of the caller ID feature, but while I would love that ability call quality is the most important feature & the M3000 has it in spades. Plus you saved me 70 bucks...
Old 04-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #67
gregg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

I have used several and so far the Motorola HS850 has been the best by far. I really like how opening the boom turns it on & closing turns it off -very conveinent. Now if RIM could fix the 4.0 volume issue I'd be set!!!
Old 04-09-2005, 08:27 AM   #68
barjohn

I´m glad to see this thread is helping people make good decisions on what works best for them and meets their needs. I will be testing and reporting back on more headsets when I get back from vacation. I´m currently writing this post from the Madrid airport after my Miami flight was 2 hours late and made me miss my connecting flight to Las Palmas. Thought I would see what was new.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 04-09-2005, 11:26 AM   #69
Lonnie

John:

Since it's been almost 2 weeks since your last post, could you post a new update on your headset research and experience, particularly as it might relate to the 7100 series? I'm getting a 7100g with Cingular and will be purchasing a headset soon.

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:10 PM   #70
barjohn

Iam in Las Palmas in the Canary Islands on vacation and will have some new reviews when I get back.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 04-20-2005, 10:04 PM   #71
barjohn

Just a quick note to say I am back and will soon be posting some new reviews.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 04-22-2005, 08:20 AM   #72
gerald

Model: 7520
Carrier: Telus

Hi, I had the Motorola HS810, Had no problem with connection very good distance 30'++, Audio is a problem both hearing and talking volume is LOW, customers complained they could not hear me comparied to talking on the 7520 without ear adapter, seen the new Motorola HS850 and thought I would try it, for me this was a wrong move, Static, Echo, Hissisng in the backgroung, maybe 15' before i lose connection, and when the 7520 connects to a call i get the confirmation "blurp" in the ear while the customer is talking, going to take it back and down grade to the HS810, thought it was a good idea to go up in versions, again, just sharing my experience here.
Gerald in Mississauga,
Old 04-22-2005, 10:36 AM   #73
PingGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300

When you guys talk about echo do you mean that people on the other end hear echo? Or do you mean that the audio you hear echoes? Or do you mean that you hear yourself talking repeated in your headset?

I get the last of those but I think that's by design, I like knowing how loud I am on the other end.

Previous: Nextel BB7520 w/ Plantronics Discovery 640
Old 04-22-2005, 10:43 AM   #74
barjohn

You should not hear yourself talking in the earpiece with any delay (echo). If you do that is a problem and not a design goal.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 04-22-2005, 11:16 AM   #75
PingGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300

Ok just making sure. I get a slight delay, like maybe a quarter of a second or less. It's not something that struck me as a problem though, I just figured that was how long it took for the system to echo the input to the speaker.

Previous: Nextel BB7520 w/ Plantronics Discovery 640
Old 04-22-2005, 12:51 PM   #76
JPP

Model: 7250

Hello,
I am new to owning a blackberry. I have been supporting them for about a year and a half and that is why now I must own the handcuff. I tried to get away from owning one but having to support them makes that tough. I've just purchased the Verizon 7250. I do want to do one thing with this new "Handcuff," since I have to carry one I want to get rid of my cell phone and have an all in one device that works easily, which is why I'm researching the Bluetooth headsets.
BarJohn, great insights and thank you for all the research. I almost had my rep send me the motorola hs810. I'm in dire need of a good device and my most important specs are Sound#1 both for me and the person being called. (I.E. no noise in my ears and clarity on the other end so the person I'm calling doesn't keep telling me they can't hear me. #2 Comfort, If I can't wear it or it hurt then it won't get used and it'll be a waste of money.

From what I've read so far nothing looks to be very good. Let me know when you come across one you would recommend. Looks like we pretty much have the same criteria for an earpiece. Everyone else, your posting are great as well and if I come across something good or bad I'll let everyone know.

Thanks,
JP
Old 04-22-2005, 01:03 PM   #77
JPP

Model: 7250

Other Phones,
I currently have a Samsung i600. Have owned this phone since Sept 2003. This phone is nice and small really and has a great address book option as it syncs with outlook and keeps all my contacts organized and that's the #1 feature I wanted with the phone. The down side and it's a huge downside is that the sound quality on the far end when I call someone is horrible. For the cost of this phone the speaker is terrible and I have used it for almost two years and constanty hear the perosn on the other end ask me to repeat what I'm saying, "talk louder," I can barely hear you, we must have a bad connection. When I know it's my phone because my wife HATES this phone. It broke and she was estatic to know I was getting a new one when I told her I was just getting a replacement she said, was irritated as she just can never hear me and she get's off the phone with me as soon as possible when we talk on the phone.

I've also tested more than one of these phones when I first bought it to make sure it wasn't the phone itself and the replacement one I recieved had the same issues so it's not the phone it's the model of phone that's just plain bad, in my opinon. It's a great idea, to me cause I wanted all my contacts in my phone and be able to scroll them and call someone without haveing to put everything in a .csv file yada, yada. I'm in the technical field so I know how to do all the rif raff but sometimes it's just more pain than it's worth.

I just wanted to post here and advise anyone of my experience. I'm hoping that the BB will be good for calling on and having people hear me.
I'm also a BIG advocate of Samsung phones as before this phone everysamsung phone I owned had great sound and clarity so I'm really dissappointed with this last offering because the i600 isn't as good a phone as it is an electronic rolodex.

JP
Old 04-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #78
fireman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

JPP,
I have been using the 7250 from Verizon since the first day it came out and have had no problems with the voice quality . I used a Moto V710 prior to my BB and have not regretted it since I switched. As for BT headsets I've tried several (hs850,BT800) and hated both of them. I currently use the Jabra BT250 and it's just ok. there should be some new headsets coming soon (I hope). My biggest thing is sound quality (both ends) and comfort.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:56 PM   #79
gerald

Model: 7520
Carrier: Telus

Hi Again, just an update, took the Motorola back and they tried to sell me on the M3000, looked nice BUT bigger and weighted more, it did come with 2 ear adapters (small and big) this was nice, but the problem here was when (and it will because it is so thin) the ear clip breaks you will have to find someone who sells them, I tried it on and you do feel the weight there, Kinda springy, (Try looking left and right with this baby on you will see what i mean) so i went back to the HS810, works fine, no wine sound and when you connect to the phone its fast, also we tried 2 other 850's and i did not get out the store door when the signal was either lost or garbled, the 810 ... 30' plus, Another point, when i called Motorola regarding this they didn't reliaze the HS850 was in Canada and wanted to know where i got it from, Maybe thats why they sold it to me with the 2 pronge adapter for the wall...
As for the echo, you only hear it in your own headset, to get rid of it you drop the call and call right back, from what i am told this is a network issue and not the headset.

Gerald in Mississauga....
Old 04-23-2005, 04:58 PM   #80
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Default Gerald I agree with you

I have kept my 810. Thought about the Logitech mobile but I like the flip open on and off feature, and it does work great in hotels, cars, and at home where 90 % of my usage is. Even when walking on a busy street my listeners say it's not unbearable.
Closed Thread