Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #1
johnlatessa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPh 5
Carrier: Verizon
Default Constant Core Updates

Please Login to Remove!

Back to the BlackBerry World, after quite a stint with Apple's iPhone.

Every time I sync with my Desktop it always says that there is a required core update available.

Is this normal? I'm using the same AT&T-approved OS version that it came with.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:16 AM   #2
DreamHacker
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Constant Core Updates

I have the same issue. Doesn't seem to make a difference whether I update or not except for the wait when I do choose to install this perpetual update.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 12-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
DreamHacker

An addition, I updated from .246 to .337 and the issue wasn't resolved. I suspect it has something to do with Desktop Manager and having used older devices and older OSs on the computer. It sure is a pain to do the 80+mb update. Takes too long. Ties up my phone. Help respolving this one will surely be appreciated.

Side note. Spelling correction doesn't wprk on this forum. Is it just me or is this how it works here? I'm talking about the check as you type feature I nprmallu get in text, email amd forums.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 12-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
kjaslow

Carrier: Telstra

Any chance you're using a computer that you had used with older Blackberries? I've experienced issues where remnants of my older configuration interfered with the newer one. The solution was to do a full uninstall of all things Blackberry from the computer, including ensuring that the registry was cleared of any and all references to Blackberry software and drivers. Then, a clean re-install and all was good. Worth a try?
Old 12-23-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
DreamHacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjaslow View Post
Any chance you're using a computer that you had used with older Blackberries? I've experienced issues where remnants of my older configuration interfered with the newer one. The solution was to do a full uninstall of all things Blackberry from the computer, including ensuring that the registry was cleared of any and all references to Blackberry software and drivers. Then, a clean re-install and all was good. Worth a try?
This is what I suspect. I had older hardware/software on my computer in the past. I'll give what you're saying a try and report back the results.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:29 AM   #6
DreamHacker

That worked. I removed the Blackberry OS Software (in my case it was .337) off my computer as well all references to Blackberry. Doing this does not give me access anymore to installed/removed items such as Facebook and other apps that came with the original OS. All I have when I go to Applications in the Blackberry Desktop now is my third party apps which is fine with me. I decided what I wanted installed/removed from the OS previously.

I used CCleaner to remove all traces of Blackberry software prior to re-installing the latest Blackberry Desktop app. including all registry references.

Warning: Using CCleaner can be hazardous to your computer if you don't know what you're doing. I happen to know and cleaned up my computer during this exercise. Now my computer and Blackberry are working famously. Hope this helps.

Last edited by DreamHacker; 12-24-2010 at 04:31 AM..
Old 12-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
johnlatessa

Model: iPh 5
Carrier: Verizon

The computer was wiped clean because I had to install a new hard drive. So as far as BlackBerry goes, it was running from a fresh installation - of everything. It could just be that there are indeed updates.