BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 01:15 AM   #1
rexmarx003

Model: 7250
Default Just got a Motorola 810BT Headset

Please Login to Remove!

I have been wanting a BT headset for some time. The 810 arrived today and sync'd fine. I also made it a trusted device from advice I recieved on this site.

First impressions:
*Smaller than I expected.
*Flip out boom is not as cool as I thought. I was thinking it fliped out automatically when pushing the main button, but you have to move the boom by hand. No big deal.
* Charging cable is a travel type which was nice.

Can the boom work as a belt clip? I am not sure how to cary this thing arround. I am not down with having it on my ear when not talking.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

I also have the 810, I've had it since Christmas. It is a pretty good headset. LOL, that's funny, the idea of the boom snapping out when you pressed the button, like a switchblade...that would be interesting...

But anyway, NO, don't use the boom as a belt clip. That's just asking to break it. Why would you do that? It comes with a perfectly good case that has a belt clip on it.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:11 AM   #3
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Smile My 810 thoughts

Bought it out of convenience for $74 (no shipping though) when I got the 7100. Can be had for about $48 on ebay but $13 or so for shipping.

What I like:

Has worked flawlessly with the 7100g so far. If you put it in trusted mode it connects automatically.

Small and comfortable.

Works great in quiet environments - house, hotel room, car with windows closed and VOL is plenty for me in those situations.

Some have said it's not useable in louder areas, but I am not often in that situation.

What I don't like:

Charger is not mini-usb which would avoid yet another transformer. At least it is small.

Bottom line - works so well not worth the hassle of returning it. Might consider a newer one sometime down the line especially if there is an upgrade to 1.2 and BB supports more functions.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
harleyxlc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: T-Mobile

But it is great if you have a Motoroala phone as it uses the same plug.

I also use this in my car and love it.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:50 PM   #5
VCI_Cell
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Love my HS810 ... though I find that at volume settings higher than 50%, there's a horrible echo on the caller's end. Also, the headset picks up ambient background noise very well, so not so good in noisy environments.

Love the style, though, and the pulsating blue light is hypnotic.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:41 PM   #6
invert

Model: Curve
PIN: 31E9D282
Carrier: Sprint

Check out iGo.com its a pretty inexpensive way to power all your devices. I've got the Power Everything3500, (69.99) i'm able to power both my BlackBerry/Bluetooth Headset at the same time using this device.

Basicall you buy "tips" that fit into each device your using. Each runs 9.99 a piece.

The 69.99 price tag is pretty cheap seeing as though its a one time cost, then every time you upgrade your equipment and it requires a new charger the cost is only 9.99 for the new tip vs. 29.99 for most CLA's and Home chargers. Best part the PE3500 comes with both AC/DC adapters. The tips pop on and off as needed so i can power my iPod, Blackberry, Bluetooth headset, and more all with the same charger.

Just keep in mind if your looking to power more "power hungry" devices AKA: Laptops. Be sure to get Juice70 its the same as the PE3500 just more power.