BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 11:24 AM   #1
PingGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Unhappy I found an issue more upsetting than low volume..

Please Login to Remove!

It's called missing headset. That's right, sometime yesterday my HS850 decided to poof into thin air. I'm still at a loss as to how it happened.

I always keep it in the belt carry case which is very secure and I always make sure it's seated in there good so it can't pop out. But yesterday I went to pull it out and it was missing. I frantically traced my steps back through the whole morning and found nothing. Later I traced back my steps from the night before and still nothing. Finally I searched my car, my wife's car and everywhere I could in our house and yard but still nothing. I can't communicate how sad this has made me, I even had two dreams last night that I had found it.

I've pretty much given up at this point and I'm considering it to be lost forever but every time my wife calls me I get a glimmer of hope thinking she's calling to say she found it. I guess it's time to start researching again, although I am considering getting the HS850 again anyway. I'm going to have to save my pennies for a while to buy the next one. Maybe that money would be better spent on insurance to protect me from myself. Maybe Geico could save me 100's of dollars on idiot insurance. :(

Previous: Nextel BB7520 w/ Plantronics Discovery 640
Old 04-28-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
PingGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Update: It's been found! One of my co-workers found it and turned it in but the person who handles lost stuff was out yesterday and couldn't notify me. So I'm happy again, even with low volume I still prefer to have a BT headset over not having one.

Previous: Nextel BB7520 w/ Plantronics Discovery 640
Old 04-29-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
pharma1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Talking

Congrats on finding your headset. I lost my Motorolla HS810 for a day, and then found it IN the washing machine where it had gone through a full cycle. Thought is was a goner, but it still works great.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:47 PM   #4
EGottlieb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Yeah, once you have been spoiled by the BT headset... it is VERY hard to go back to a wired one...
Old 05-18-2005, 12:06 AM   #5
JDeane
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Cingular

How do we fix the low volume issue anyways? I'm going crazy with my BT250. I also think that people on the other end of the call are having difficulty hearing me as well.

(By the way, I've been using RIM handhelds for years, I'm glad that I discovered this site. Way to go!)
Old 05-18-2005, 06:23 AM   #6
EGottlieb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeane
How do we fix the low volume issue anyways? I'm going crazy with my BT250. I also think that people on the other end of the call are having difficulty hearing me as well.
You have the low volume problem on the BT250?? I have no probs at all with it paired to my 7290. I have the volume on the BT250 up pretty high and the volume on the BlackBerry around half way and I have NO problems at all. I use the bigger gel on the BT250...
Old 05-18-2005, 11:47 AM   #7
JDeane

Yes, but did you recently update to OS 4.0? I think that is where the problem is. Immediately after that, alot of people including myself are experiencing low volume issues with their bluetooth headsets.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:53 AM   #8
JDeane

I just tried the longer gel on the BT250 and it works great. Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:14 PM   #9
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c

Too bad they dont have a feature that you can do something like whistle and it makes a noise. They have it for remotes and keys, why not BT.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:27 PM   #10
EGottlieb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Yes, but did you recently update to OS 4.0? I think that is where the problem is. Immediately after that, alot of people including myself are experiencing low volume issues with their bluetooth headsets.
Nope, I have been running 4.0 since I received the 7290, so I don't know any different...

Quote:
I just tried the longer gel on the BT250 and it works great. Thanks for the tip.
Glad that helped!
Old 05-18-2005, 08:57 PM   #11
wlee309
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

If you are using the BT250, I find the default eargel to twist inside my ear from tiem to time thus hampering volume levels. Through time, it loosens and turns even more often. The longer earipieces would be better suited against this but it's a bit too large for me.

Has anyone experienced issues with the BT250 or any BT headset staying 'on a call' while disconnected on the 319 upgrade? I hear a high pitch hum at times after I disconnect a DC call. It stays 'connected on' until I literally turn it on and then off or make another call and discconnect it. It's annoying.