Old 10-19-2007, 12:17 AM   #21
csoldfield

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csoldfield View Post
I have the same issue with 8300/Curve v4.2.2.89 whilst running GoogleMaps (v1.6.1 #1616) or Nav4All (v8.0.3). Holux M-1200 puck.
Puck connects and stays connected flawlessly with Nokia N770/MaemoMapper. So I conclude the puck is good
However, with BlackBerry I get the bluetooth connection dropped. This can be after just a few minutes of launching the app, or maybe an hour. Pretty random intervals. Exiting (ie. Quit) then relaunching the app restores the BT connection. Deleting the pair and re-pairing is not necessary to restore the BT connection, nor does doing that help any.
Nav4All pops up a message: "The Nav4All application requires Bluetooth to be enabled. Enable Bluetooth? Yes/No" - select 'Yes' and after 45secs wait normal operation is always restored.
GoogleMaps simply stops flashing the little blue dot and pops up "Sorry, we can't determine your location at present". Sometimes it comes back by its self after a short while.
This issue seriously limits the usefulness of GPS on the Curve - on a recent roadtrip it naturally decided to fail at the most critical turn
Please, please, RIM can you fix this for us?
More results: I can remain connected with a Samsung WEP410 for what appears indefinately. If I connect to my Holux M1200 and run GoogleMaps or Nav4All, I experience a loss of connectivity to both the M1200 and the WEP410 after a short while. So it appears that whatever activity is associated with running GoogleMaps/Nav4All causes an otherwise reliable WEP410 connection to be lost. I've never seen the WEP410 connection dropped unless I'm running GM/Nav4All.
My second observation is that it appears that a static map ie. where no network downloads are taking place due to GPS movement, then the M1200 appears to have a better reliability. Switching to 'Satellite View' appears to worsen the reliability, it appearing that the more data being downloaded the worse the problem of dropped connections. I did disable the network download, but still saw some dropped connections.
Final observation - a lost bluetooth connection can be restored from within the app being run. Nothing has to be done from outside the app. So why can't the app automatically reconnect when the connection is lost? Doesn't the Bluetooth SPP connection have this level of recovery?
I'm going to report the issue to RIM - has anyone else opened a bug report yet?

regards, Clive
Old 10-19-2007, 01:47 AM   #22
BurningBerry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile & Vodafone

jep, same problem with our 8700's tmobile & vodafone

Amicus Certus In Re Incerta Cernitur
Old 10-23-2007, 04:36 AM   #23
jose1358

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular/ATT
Default Bluetooth disconnect and shutdown of blackberry

I have a Blackberry 8700c. When using it with the Bluetooth in my car, the blackberry frequently shuts down and restarts when the Bluetooth connection is broken--sometimes while in use, sometimes when I simply turn the car off. I have had this problem ever since I got the blackberry, I even replaced it once. Are you familiar with the issue and are there any available fixes? I also occasionally have the problem you described, where the blackberry shows itself being synced up, but is not. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #24
woyteg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hello.
I'm reporting Bluetooth issues after installing new OS ver 4.2.1.107 T-Mobile. Bluetooth will disconnect from GPS receiver Holux M1200 after unknown period of time. Sometimes it is 2 minutes, sometimes 20 and it always shows that it is connected. Will we have a solution for it or should I downgrade to 4.1?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #25
dio

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

simialr problems on 8830. I have gone through many headsets thinking they were the problems. I also keep losing the connection to my Garmin Nuvi 660 which can be a speaker phone, and looks like it could be reconized as a GPS for BB Maps.

I wonder if the problem comes up when there are multible devices configured under Blutooth options.

My OS is 4.2.2.148, latest ang greatest
Old 11-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #26
doctorf

Carrier: O2

My 8300 continually loses connection with my Garmin Nuvi 310. It does occasionally keep the connection. Software on the 8300 is v4,2.2.67.
It's driving me mad!!

Simon F
Old 11-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #27
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by woyteg View Post
...Will we have a solution for it or should I downgrade to 4.1?
I heard just recently that RIM doesn't even really acknowledge there is a problem with it. Since RIM is hard at work on 4.3.1 (and likely higher) OS's I doubt we'll see any fixes to this until 4.3 and even then it'll just be luck that it's fixed.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:41 AM   #28
Paul Bowles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
simialr problems on 8830. I have gone through many headsets thinking they were the problems. I also keep losing the connection to my Garmin Nuvi 660 which can be a speaker phone, and looks like it could be reconized as a GPS for BB Maps.

I wonder if the problem comes up when there are multible devices configured under Blutooth options.

My OS is 4.2.2.148, latest ang greatest
I have tested this on the 4.2 devices I have here (a pearl, an updated 8700 and a couple of Curves) and it doesn't seem to matter if there is one or ten devices paired up.

I think one of the biggest problems is that it seems to effect the BlackBerry's so randomly that the actual bug often gets written off as a fault on the device that is being paired (headset, car kit, etc).
Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #29
woyteg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

I decided to downgrade to 4.1 and everything works perfectly well. I'm enjoying again my GPS working without any problems and my ring tones are back to normal They're loud again
Old 11-06-2007, 02:44 AM   #30
doctorf

I presume that there is no earlier software I can downgrade to on my 8300??

Simon F
Old 11-07-2007, 11:17 AM   #31
ajm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320

Intermittent BT GPS with Curve 8320 v4.2.2.180.

Paired with a Holux GPSlim 236 which most often no longer works with my Curve but can immediately work with my old Verizon WM5 phone or my laptop. Multiple BB apps cannot see the satellites even though the puck is connected and locked on. I've tried to determine what order of resetting and restarting gets it working again but I can't seem to crack the code. Imagine how upset I was yesterday when I was out of town and couldn't navigate to my destination because of this bug.

This is *VERY FRUSTRATING* and needs to be addressed by RIM. We rely on GPS and will soon give up on BlackBerry as a navigation solution if this is not fixed.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #32
Paul Bowles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorf View Post
I presume that there is no earlier software I can downgrade to on my 8300??

Simon F
Sadly there isn't. I'm hoping that this gets fixed in 4.3 but I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet to test it out.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #33
doctorf

O2 have just put 2.2.114 on their download page for the 8300. I'll give it a try despite the comments above. It can't be any worse than 2.2.67.
The site does say further upgrades are expected in the next month or two.

Simon F
Old 11-19-2007, 10:34 AM   #34
pilot1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: Ball Wizard
Default Bluetooth problem

I have the same problem with the BT-359, but mine seems only to be with certain software. Google, BlackBerry maps and Nav4All seem to always work, but BBTracker does not. BBTracker is very random, it might work once only after uninsatlling bluetooth device and rebooting.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #35
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

This is a known issue on bbtracker and bluetooth with all versions of 4.2.1 and up. The developer of bbtracker was going to try and update bbtracker to work better with the Bluetooth problems in 4.2.1/4.2.2.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:32 PM   #36
csoldfield

Carrier: Cingular

I recently updated my 8300 to 4.2.2.166 and have had much better success at keeping a bluetooth conection to my Holux M1200 active. Nav4All worked for an entire day of driving with no lost connections. Google Maps works fine. I still have the occasional dropped BT connection to my Samsung WEP410 headset (only if simultaneously running GPS s/w and Holux M1200 connected), but it does reconnect without too much hassle. Still not perfect, but it does appear much better than 4.2.2.89 I was running previously which dropped the BT connections every few minutes.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:15 AM   #37
gcopter

Model: 9000

AT&T BB8300/Garmin 550/BB OS 4.2.2.89

No problems first day or so of pairing, then the Garmin started to drop the connection. Checked out the Garmin site and said they are working on a fix with RIM (?)
Old 12-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #38
BruceH

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Need Old OS v4.2.2.66

Unforetunetly I purchased a car that has bluetooth but only works with the old version on the 8830. Do you know were I could obtain the older version?
Old 12-05-2007, 05:15 AM   #39
Paul Bowles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcopter View Post
AT&T BB8300/Garmin 550/BB OS 4.2.2.89

No problems first day or so of pairing, then the Garmin started to drop the connection. Checked out the Garmin site and said they are working on a fix with RIM (?)
Do you happen to still have the link to that. I tried to find it on the Garmin site but couldn't yesterday.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #40
goates

Model: Curve
Default Similar Issue Paring on Acura MDX

I had a BB Pearl which paired nicely with the Handsfree operation in my MDX. I recently switched to the Curve (8320) so I can use the WiFi (WiFi is fantastic). I paired the Curve with the Handsfree in the MDX and all seemed fine. However, I noticed the pairing will not automatically occur. Sometimes it is connected and other times it is not connected.

The work around (which is a pain) is every time I enter the vehicle I pull out the Curve and manually issue a connect, which works every time.

OS is 4.2.2.180.
Closed Thread