BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 10-18-2005, 07:13 AM   #1
jdc

Model: 7100T
Question Cingular Blackberry while using $99 voice unlimited

Please Login to Remove!

I want to get a blackberry from Cingular. I have the $99 unlimited voice plan and don't want to lose it. Cingular insists that to get a blackberry I must lose this voice plan (which is a great deal). So has anyone confronted and found an answer, e.g. a blackberry with 2 Simm cards? Maybe get a blackberry with out voice or with very limited expense for voice, with unlimited data from some other service or Cingular. Any suggestions on good value unlimited data plans? From who?
Old 10-21-2005, 03:06 PM   #2
bigdaadio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
PIN: chin pennies
Carrier: sprint
Default look at T-mobile<=> $29.99 mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc
I want to get a blackberry from Cingular. I have the $99 unlimited voice plan and don't want to lose it. Cingular insists that to get a blackberry I must lose this voice plan (which is a great deal). So has anyone confronted and found an answer, e.g. a blackberry with 2 Simm cards? Maybe get a blackberry with out voice or with very limited expense for voice, with unlimited data from some other service or Cingular. Any suggestions on good value unlimited data plans? From who?

They(cingular) just want you off the plan- it was only for a limited time if I remember right...

T-mobile has the best value in the industry- if their signal is good in the areas you need it... works great for me! Stand alone BB with unlimited email and web for $29.99- tough to beat

I don't have a nickel in it, just a happy camper.
As a matter of fact I am using my 7290 as a modem with my laptop in the field to reply to this.
I pay double for my wifes NEXTEL BB- For what?
Old 11-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #3
gowithscott

Model: 8300
Carrier: The New AT&T

I know it's a late post on this one. I am an ex employee of ATTWs and also have the 99 unlimited plan. Sorry to say...you won't be able to move your voice plan to a new sim w/o changing plans.

Interestingly enough, I did an upgrade on the phone a few months ago. As a condition of the reduced pricing they told me I would have to commit to another 2 years on my current plan. Needless to say, I took them up on that offer.

However, reading the fine print of your contract you will find they can expire any plan at any time if they want and have the ability to automatically migrate you to the closest plan. (with notice). So....that being said, enjoy the unlimited while it lasts.

And carry a separate BB.