Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 PM   #221
wuberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tateu
I'd never heard of this problem before but a quick search on google for "Insecure SSL Request" turned up 4 links.

This one looks like a promising solution (except it says Options > TLS. It is actually Options > Security > TLS):
http://www.premier.org/services/WirelessFAQAlert.htm

Perfect! Worked like a charm. Many thanks for the help and the application!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:45 PM   #222
msk

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Because I (and most likely, the original author of BBCorrector) do not know of a RIM API to add a menu item to the edit SMS message window. RIM has an API for MENUITEM_EMAIL_EDIT, MENUITEM_MEMO_EDIT, MENUITEM_TASK_EDIT, etc. but does not have MENUITEM_SMS_EDIT. The only possible solution, that I know of, is to use MENUITEM_SYSTEM but this would add a Spelling menu item to all menus in all applications, regardless of whether spellcheck would be possible in that app or not. I tried it once, a few months ago, but found it annoying to always have the Spelling item. If it's something you really want, I could compile a version for you.
Thanks for the offer of a custom version, but it would be annoying to always have the spelling item. Maybe we should ask RIM to enhance the API to support MENUITEM_SMS_EDIT.

Do you think you can add a Auto Correct option? I've noticed that for most of my errors the first word google returns is the correct one. This option would allow the user to run the spelling checker and then it would automatically go through and fix all of the spelling errors rather than having the user to go through them manually.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:57 PM   #223
teevee
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk
Thanks for the offer of a custom version, but it would be annoying to always have the spelling item. Maybe we should ask RIM to enhance the API to support MENUITEM_SMS_EDIT.

Do you think you can add a Auto Correct option? I've noticed that for most of my errors the first word google returns is the correct one. This option would allow the user to run the spelling checker and then it would automatically go through and fix all of the spelling errors rather than having the user to go through them manually.

Alright, I feel so left out. i have 8700g with Tmo. I went to the OTA and I still get the tunnel error. How can i correct this?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:00 AM   #224
wuberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevee
Alright, I feel so left out. i have 8700g with Tmo. I went to the OTA and I still get the tunnel error. How can i correct this?
Are you on BES? I am and I get the tunnel error if I've checked the Disable MDS Proxy option in BBCorrector. Otherwise, it seems fine.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:29 PM   #225
cayzac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

tateu,
First of all, great work, this is awesome! I think I may have stumbled across a tiny bug. Editing the custom dictionary, I do the following:
Edit dictionary
Insert
(type a word), click OK
Save
Now from the main BBCorrector screen if I click Save, it exits BBCorrector but when I go back in, my word is not there. However if I click Exit from the main BBCorrector screen it exits and actually does save my word.

Does this make sense?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:50 PM   #226
tateu

Model: 9000

cayzac,

Yep, that makes sense and you are right, it's a bug. I have a good guess as to what is causing it, too. I'll see if I can get it fixed in the next couple of days.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:41 AM   #227
pyro451
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810

First off, THANK YOU TATEU !!

This application is awesome. I am running an 8700c with Bharti OS on Cingular and love it.

Some of my colleagues with the same berry on Cingular, but with Cingular OS have a problem though. When they check spelling they get an error about an IPPP Service book. However, when I check their service books compared to mine we have exactly the same IPPP books (2 of them). I know they have functional internet access since they downloaded the OTA version of bbcorrector.

Anyone else have the IPPP error?

Thanks,
Steve

P.S. - Tateu, do you have a donation site set up so I can paypal a few bucks to you for all your hard work?
Old 06-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #228
rickthornton

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Check WAP Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro451
First off, THANK YOU TATEU !!

This application is awesome. I am running an 8700c with Bharti OS on Cingular and love it.

Some of my colleagues with the same berry on Cingular, but with Cingular OS have a problem though. When they check spelling they get an error about an IPPP Service book. However, when I check their service books compared to mine we have exactly the same IPPP books (2 of them). I know they have functional internet access since they downloaded the OTA version of bbcorrector.

Anyone else have the IPPP error?

Thanks,
Steve

P.S. - Tateu, do you have a donation site set up so I can paypal a few bucks to you for all your hard work?

I had the same issues with this and some other third party apps until I called Cingular BB Support and had them add WAP Access to my account. I had full browser accesss and some third party usage (Google Maps, Berry 411, etc.) before doing so, but certain aps such as BBCorrector, BB Weather, JiveSlide and others would not work. Once WAP access was enabled, all worked fine.

I second the idea of the community showing our appreciation to Tateu for all of his efforts.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:29 PM   #229
tonydrone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300c

Just installed it... did the reboot, and it's working great. Very nice programm indeed.

[my mp3 clips]
Old 06-22-2006, 06:49 PM   #230
teevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuberry
Are you on BES? I am and I get the tunnel error if I've checked the Disable MDS Proxy option in BBCorrector. Otherwise, it seems fine.
Yeah I am BES. If I uncheck MDS I get a permission denied message.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:37 PM   #231
elpha
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Quote:
It was as I expected. As soon as I changed to https, the 302 error went away.

Same links as before, should be v1.2.2:
Desktop: http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=bbcdt
OTA: http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=bbcota
Source: http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=bbcsrc

I did a desktop install on top of the previous version without uninstalling. OTA should work that way too.

god damn that's sexy
thanks!!
Old 07-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #232
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryD
Have tried almost everything posted here and in the thread Issues with BB Corrector with 8700G and T-mobile, but still get either a tunnel error, or error 302, or error 505, or...

It would be really helpful if, when someone gets it working, they put all the pertinent info. For instance:
Service: (BIS/BES)
Provider: (Cingular,t-Mobile, etc.)
BB Device:
BB OS:
APN:
APN Username:
APN Password:
Corrector URL: (http/https)
Language:
Disable MDS: (Yes/No)
Use Google: (Yes/No)
AutoAdvance: (Yes/No)
I know some of these shouldn't make any difference, but it couldn't hurt! For example, at the web site configuration, you can get the full name of the language (English), but on the device you only have two characters available, so is it E, e, En, en, ??. If it's set incorrectly, will it generate an error, and if so, what's the error?

Has anyone had success getting BBCorrector to work with a BB 8700g from T-Mobile? I've downloaded and installed it successfully, read through this thread, but all I get is: BBCorrector Error: no '.' in URL

Any thoughts?
Old 07-12-2006, 07:40 AM   #233
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Arrow BBCorrector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclyffe
Has anyone had success getting BBCorrector to work with a BB 8700g from T-Mobile? I've downloaded and installed it successfully, read through this thread, but all I get is: BBCorrector Error: no '.' in URL

Any thoughts?
Since I have posted this above, I have been able to get my 8700g and BBCorrector to now attempt to spell check ("Checking Spelling"..) I am now getting an Error Response: Code 302. I've read about this in a thread, but it seems like tateu addressed it in V1.22 which is the version I have currently loaded. Now I'm not sure what else to try though it seems like it is a problem relating to google spell.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #234
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Arrow

[QUOTE=wclyffe]Since I have posted this above, I have been able to get my 8700g and BBCorrector to now attempt to spell check ("Checking Spelling"..) I am now getting an Error Response: Code 302. I've read about this in a thread, but it seems like tateu addressed it in V1.22 which is the version I have currently loaded. Now I'm not sure what else to try though it seems like it is a problem relating to google spell.[/QUOTE

Great news: I just figured out what my problem with logging into the google spell checker was by trial and error. On the setup entry "Language" I had put in "En" and it needs to be all lower case "en". Maybe this is somewhere in all the bbCorrector threads, but I must have missed it. So for anyone getting an error response code 302, please check this as it may be your problem, too. I even went back and capitalized it again, and got the error code right away.

Greater News: I am excited by how the program works and want to express my thanks to everyone who tried to help me solve this along the way. I especially want to thank tateu and would like to paypal you some $ so please set that up...you deserve it for all you have done and continue to do!! Best, Robert
Old 07-13-2006, 07:53 PM   #235
T-Roy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Darth Vader

Here are all the language settings you can configure:

da = Danish
nl = Dutch
en = English
fi = Finish
fr = French
de = German
it = Italian
pl = Polish
pt = Portugues
es = Spanish
sv = Swedish
Old 07-25-2006, 03:17 PM   #236
mcg11

I have a BlackBerry 8700g. I installed the google version of BBCorrector. It is installed and shows up under Options > Advanced > Applications and on the Home Page but the menu option does not show up under Compose Message or anything else. I have tried rebooting several times. Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated. (My spelling sucks, I needs this ASAP! ;)

Thank you!
Old 07-25-2006, 03:49 PM   #237
BlackBurner

Model: 7250

....I don't think BBCorrector will work with OS 4.1.....in other words, if you have upgraded to EVDO, BBCorrector is probably not working.....
Old 07-25-2006, 05:02 PM   #238
mcg11

I could have sworn I saw other people on the forum who used it with the 8700 series devices but I couldn't figure out how they got it working... any ideas?

Thank you!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:42 PM   #239
rickthornton

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg11
I could have sworn I saw other people on the forum who used it with the 8700 series devices but I couldn't figure out how they got it working... any ideas?

Thank you!
It definitely works on an 8700. BBCorrector does not work in all applications. It does work on outgoing emails and in the Memopad application (in the new or edit mode).

While in the body of the text (not on a header), click trackwheel and one of your choices should be spelling. If it doesn't show up there, you have an issue that is going to require more technical knowledge then I have.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:44 PM   #240
cdp1276

Model: 8800
PIN: 20248CF7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBurner
....I don't think BBCorrector will work with OS 4.1.....in other words, if you have upgraded to EVDO, BBCorrector is probably not working.....
So if I also just installed today and have OS 4.1 there is no hope to get this working? Will there be an update to this so it will? I just see no menu options for it to check spelling when I'm in email. If this wont ever work with OS 4.1 on a Blackberry 7290 with Cingular 1.8, can anyone recommend a free one that will?
Closed Thread