Old 02-20-2007, 12:26 AM   #242
atwburns
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortys11
hows the camera on the 8800?
It's a 12 mpx camera that makes alfredo sauce and can change the oil in your car. Can anyone confirm if it has auto-white balance????
Old 02-20-2007, 12:31 AM   #243
lonnielove
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperapd
I found a store demo unit that I got to play with at the Cingular store in Round Rock at 1325/I-35, near the Home Depot. They didn't have any units in stock yet for sale, but at least I got my hands on one to try it out.
good to know i in fact have to go see my sister that lives in RR so thanks for the info.i think ill go fondle the 8800 LOL...... J.K.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:05 AM   #244
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: cingular

Just picked one up in Danbury CT. No issues, they'll do whatever you want. Other stores said NO until 21st.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:12 AM   #245
jjones

Carrier: cingular

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

On my way to the store now in manhattan to pick one up. Saturday the didn't have...today they do.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:12 AM   #246
tprime
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai
I called the 86th st. store in NYC and the woman said they had them in stock. So i walked over, and was there in about 10 minutes. I told the sales rep that I called a few minutes ago and she said they were in. The woman asked me if it was for a new contract, and I told her it was an existing line, but a new blackberry data plan. She looked up my number in their system, and then she went to the back room When she returned she told me they were all sold out. I responded that I had just called and was told they were in. We argued for a bit, until I asked to see a manager. He was on a conference call, so I siad I would wait. About 20 minutes later he comes out and I tell him what I was told, etc. He finally admitted that they did have some in stock but it they would sell to new cingular accounts ONLY. I was pretty mad. I mean, I've been a loyal cingular customer for a long time. I give them a lot of money, and I was going to be buying the phone for FULL RETAIL. Still, he would not budge. I told him that if that was cingular's policy, I thought it was pretty crappy to do to their existing customers. But I was more mad that I was being lied to in the first place. I may hold out and wait for tmobile to release theirs and just switch carriers. Anyone else have this problem with trying to buy an 8800?
Wow! A similiar thing happened to me at a TMobile store on 5th Ave in Brooklyn when the MDA came out. My wife wanted it so we went there first thing in the morning the day it was released. We go to this location pretty often so we had become friendly with one of the managers. On that day in the morning tmobile's computer system had not been updated to show the MDA pricing so they couldn't or wouldn't sell it yet. She suggested we come back in a few hours when the system was updated. She did confirm they had them in stock. Later we checked Tmobile and the system was updated. We called the store and they confirmed it. So we went to the store and after 'checking in the back' the rep told us they were sold out. We argued we just called and also had been there a few hours earlier and were told the could not be sold yet. Now a couple of hours later SOLD OUT! HOW??!!
I then asked for that manager by name. She was in the back at the time. The rep told her we asked for her, she saw us recognized us and told the rep it was ok to sell to us. The rep then returned with the phone sheepishly telling some story of how they only had one left and she thought it was on hold... LIAR! I mean just be honest. If you dont want to sell it because maybe a new customer makes more money for you fine. But you dont have to lie. I understand how business works. My 8700 and my wife's pearl we just ordered thru customer service. I cant be bothered for the games at these stores.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:18 AM   #247
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwburns
It's a 12 mpx camera that makes alfredo sauce and can change the oil in your car. Can anyone confirm if it has auto-white balance????
Mine even came with the accessory lenses!

Who needs a camera?!
Old 02-20-2007, 01:23 AM   #248
jfulen

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon
Arrow

I called stores all over Austin and San Antonio...some admitted to having the 8800's and not being able to sell them until the 21st, some said they sold them all on Saturday, some are saying they do not have them at all.

- I saw two guys at Barton Creek Mall in Austin with them.
- The Bee Caves corporate store sold all five of theirs on Saturday.
- Downtown only had two and they went like lightening Friday.
- I called Business End User Care - they said they don't carry the 8800 model.

Heading down south to San Antonio to see what I can find tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:26 AM   #249
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfulen
I called stores all over Austin and San Antonio...some admitted to having the 8800's and not being able to sell them until the 21st, some said they sold them all on Saturday, some are saying they do not have them at all.

- I saw two guys at Barton Creek Mall in Austin with them.
- The Bee Caves corporate store sold all five of theirs on Saturday.
- Downtown only had two and they went like lightening Friday.
- I called Business End User Care - they said they don't carry the 8800 model.

Heading down south to San Antonio to see what I can find tomorrow.
Store in Round Rock said they wouldn't sell it until the 21st.

Please try a Search
Old 02-20-2007, 01:28 AM   #250
Liquidlink
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 20E220C5

Stopped by a store in Chicago and they said they have but they can not sell them or even show you them until the 21st. They also told me that Cingular Corp is pissed about some stores already selling the.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:34 AM   #251
Brad00111

Model: 8300C
Carrier: ATT

Tucson AZ...... The 8800 what? We have the Pearl but thats it, we aren't getting any new phones in the near future from Blackberry........omg people are dumb........

RIM 950 > Nextel 6510 > Nextel 7520 > Cingular 7100 > Cingular 8700 > Cingular 8800 > Cingular 8300
Old 02-20-2007, 01:41 AM   #252
Amahk

Model: 7130
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strugglin
Thanks LLC calling the store as I type, now I just need to find a store in Atlanta that has a Jawbone headset.

*UPDATE*
Spoke to sale rep in the Cascade store here in Atlanta and he told me he has three in stock, BUT he won't sale them without a contract renewal. That sucks!
WOW
Soon as I read this I called to make sure they still had in stock and sped down there to pick it up. Thanks a lot dude! Spending some time now to get acclimated to this new keyboard :D
Old 02-20-2007, 02:07 AM   #253
Rai

jjones,

what store in manhattan?

On my way to the store now in manhattan to pick one up. Saturday the didn't have...today they do.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-20-2007, 02:14 AM   #254
mackie99

I just called my local Cingular in So. CA for the 5th time and they actually said hey had them. Only problem is it isn't in inventory so they can't sell it because they don't know what the price is.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:20 AM   #255
b00st3d

Carrier: at&t

just picked my 8800 up from a cingular store in new orleans, la
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 AM   #256
JBiraglia

Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs
Just picked one up in Danbury CT. No issues, they'll do whatever you want. Other stores said NO until 21st.

Me too. They were very cooperative...just can't get the rebate form until the formal release.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:18 AM   #257
lintakoc

Carrier: T-Mobile

total crap. i called the cingular in town & country village in houston. they said that they had them for around $550 out-of-contract. maybe 2 or 3 in stock, i asked if i could purchase over the phone and they said no, but i could go to the store later today and pick them up. i get there and they wont let me buy them out-of-contract. retarded...anyone getting these from cingular out of contract? ive called some other places and they said that they will not sell them until feb.21, is that also with a contract or what?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:21 AM   #258
tamaraa

Model: 7130e

Picked up two in Charlotte NC...thought I would have to curse the lady out but I got em...Oh but what I had to give them my friend's account information and call her to get her last four...

Chick at the store was trying to be funny...like only for Cingular customers...I said ok and called her...
Old 02-20-2007, 03:52 AM   #259
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraa
Picked up two in Charlotte NC...thought I would have to curse the lady out but I got em...Oh but what I had to give them my friend's account information and call her to get her last four...

Chick at the store was trying to be funny...like only for Cingular customers...I said ok and called her...
Which store in charlotte?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:40 AM   #260
8Clappin

Model: 8703e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkomatic
I just called that store and the guy told me he can't sell them till the 21st. He only got 5 in and one's being used as the demo phone. He said it's first come, first serve Wed morning at 10am. I hate dealing with Cingular stores!
I shall consider myself lucky then! I told him I was ditching my VZW data package for this phone - converting an account must have done it for him... Although I also told him I would be in Houston Wed and was aware that they were available in TX already so I'd pick one up when I was out there. Miraculously, he suddenly realized he had them in the recent shipment and could sell me one today. I'll let you know after the store opens at 10 tomorrow...
Closed Thread