Legend15
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default free Games

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone,

my phone came with a bookmark for free downloads, I go to the site to download free games but I end up with a problem.
on the site it asks for your phone model, but I can't find Blackberry on the list, so it asks me to pick either Advanced Device (MIDP 2.0) or Basic Device (MIDP 1.0) naturally I chose Advanced

I download a game and the BB informs me that the game is installed, but when I try to start the game this is the message I get.

"Error starting app1307: module 'app1307' has verification error 1085 at offset 44c8"

what in gods name does that mean?
should I chose Basic Device (MIDP 1.0)?

Please help, all I want are a few games for my trips home and to work, and I just can't find anywhere where I can download a game without a hassle, only way I haven't had any problems is actually purchasing a game.

please help!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
Concept
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: T Mobile

Just go to the mobile.blackberry.com website from your BB and navigate to games. There will be a bunch of free games. Remember to look under classic games because thats where you'll find solitare, and spider solitare. You can also download trial games that last 24 hours or so to see if you like them. But if you subscribe to enough BB news type websites, you'll see free games pop up every month or so. At least once a month either bplay or magmic hosts a free game.

Without know what bookmark, you followed, I doubt many people can help you. Your BB can play most java games that you find for free online. But the majority of your good and or new games will come from bplay or magmic.

Last edited by Concept; 06-26-2008 at 08:40 PM..
Old 06-26-2008, 08:57 PM   #3
steelcitypa

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

Can anyone provide links to any other BB free games out there? Specifically ones that would be compatible for the Curve.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcitypa View Post
Can anyone provide links to any other BB free games out there? Specifically ones that would be compatible for the Curve.

Thanks in advance.
mobile.blackberry.com
Old 06-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
steelcitypa

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
mobile.blackberry.com
Besides mobile.blackberry.com are there any free game sites anyone can recommend?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcitypa View Post
Besides mobile.blackberry.com are there any free game sites anyone can recommend?
bplay and magmic have free games every once in a while. Also many of the BB news type sites have free give aways every so often. Just sign up for a bunch of BB websites and I'm sure you'll get an email every few weeks about this or that free game or program.

Also many java games run on BB's as well. But at the same time, most generic java games are basic as hell and not really worth it. Just get klondike, spider solitare, soduko, dope wars, texas hold 'em 2 and bubble popper and you'll be occupied for a long time. They also have blackjack and checkers for free as well. I had christmas pool and disco bowling but I deleted both of those.

I have only paid for maybe 2 games ever and I normally keep about 5 or 6 games on my phone at all times.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:15 PM   #7
JaguarXJ7
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9810
Carrier: Rogers

The BlackBerry Owners Lounge has a couple and come out with special offers to members from time to time. Sign up for their newsletter to be notified of such specials.

BlackBerry Owners Lounge - Welcome

"Torch 9810 + Playbook 64gb"
Closed Thread