Old 08-25-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
GuyCalledDosser

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vofafone UK
Default BES Migration Issues?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there,

I have searched for similar issues on the forum but not found a valid answer so apologies if this has been covered before.

I'm working on a move/migration project between North America and the UK. Presently the North American users have Exchange 2007 mailboxes in Denver and a BES account in Denver, Cell Operator is AT&T.

Last week I moved a test user from the Denver servers into a hosted service provided by C&W in Swindon UK, the user has not moved AD Domains, just a simple Exhange mailbox move from Exchange A in Denver to Exchange B in Swindon. His BES account was also moved using Blackberry Enterprise Transporter from BES A in Denver to BES B in Swindon.

All worked OK for a few days then then over the weekend the user lost the ability to send and receive SMS messages. The Swindon BES server has strict IT policy on it which strips out MMS, Internet and PIN messages but should not affect SMS messages. Also, the policy was not applied until Sunday and the user states he lost access to SMS on Friday or Saturday. User also states that when colleagues or friends call his phone their name does not appear, just the number, the phone is having problems resolving the incoming number, possibly because its now been routed from the UK??

C&W are very slow at coming back with answers so before we move the user back to Denver I thought I'd ask, does anyone have knowledge of what could stop the user from send/receive SMS (C&W say they have not policied out SMS). Is it something to do with the RIM service in UK having trouble with the AT&T network in US??

I'm stuck, help!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

Does the device have correct date and time?
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
GuyCalledDosser

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vofafone UK

It has the correct local time as in its 5 hours behind GMT.

Should I get the user to set his handheld his time zone to GMT (as BES is now in UK) and see what happens?
Closed Thread