Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 09:27 AM   #21
MozMan68
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular / AT&T
Angry nice...but still not swivel

Please Login to Remove!

That does look like a nice case (and looks like it will work for any 7100), but the clip looks just like the one on the BlackBerry OEM versions.

My standard fabric one was wearing out at the clip location from trying to consistently "clip" to my pants (usually just the belt as it wouldn't go over both...meaning I could never feel it vibrate against my hip).

I replaced it with the OEM leather holster about a month ago...it is already wearing out.

Now, it should be noted that I actually do NOT wear my BlackBerry very much...it sits on my desk most of the day (thanks again for no desktop holder, RIM). and I shove it under my leg while I'm driving so I can feel it vibrate (I listen to my stereo way too loud).

RIM can talk all they want about designing the 7100 for more non-business users, but that is simply not what is going to happen in the real world.....

Sincerely yours,

Someone who can't wait for the 8700c to come out so I can go back to the good old days of a BlackBerry with a kick ass plastic swivel holster that vibrates well and all the features of a 7100 with a full keyboard.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:24 AM   #22
goblue1969
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100t
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
This item may expire before you get to it but check out that link to the ebay store for this seller and ebay...there were more but I bought 5 of them today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKBERRY-7100t...QQcmdZViewItem
I own this case. Awesome. It DOES swivel.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:50 AM   #23
HDClown
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
This item may expire before you get to it but check out that link to the ebay store for this seller and ebay...there were more but I bought 5 of them today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKBERRY-7100t...QQcmdZViewItem
Ok, that's the one I thoughtit might be, and it uses a flap to cover the device, and I'm not willing to sacrifice having to use a flap for a rotating clip. It would just annoy me way too much.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:07 AM   #24
MozMan68
Thumbs Must Hurt

Angry okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue1969
Okay...I'll take your word on the swivel....but the clip looks exactly the same as the standard OEM BlackBerry 7100 cases which STILL do not clip on as well as the old plastic holsters.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:43 PM   #25
skj8100

Model: 7520

stay away from the plastic swivel holsters on ebay listed to be compatible with all 7100 series. i bought one and the 7100i is NOT compatible. neither are the batteries. the voltage is different
Old 11-09-2005, 08:38 PM   #26
AceMecca

Model: 7100i
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanscritt
I purchased the leather holster from Nextel's site because they say it's a swivel, but it's not.

Below is my first response from Nextel about this.

Dear Mr. Gerald Clouse,

Thank you for contacting Sprint Together with Nextel Telesales/Websales E-Order Support Desk. If you incorrectly slipped the Blackberry the accessory will not swivel, we suggest that you visit a store and request for assistance. We have a 14 day return for accessory purchased, if you are not satisfied with the received accessory you can call Order Support at 1866-789-8292 and request for a return label.

If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Grace Calapini
Sprint Together with Nextel

Please include previous e-mails when replying to this message.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:22 PM
To: Websales
Subject: Web Sales Contact Form

inquiry: wrong_accessory
Comments: The description on the website said it was a swivel holster, but the one I received is not. I was on the phone for almost an hour, but got put on hold and left there. Part number online was RAC-5530 and the part number on the box is the same, but it doesn't swivel. This is for a 7100i. I am not happy about the misleading description or about being on hold for so long with no resolution.
ContactNumber:
LastName: Clouse
OrderNumber:
FirstName: Gerald
FromEmail: [email address]

I questioned what they meant by "slipped" and the response was "if I slipped the Blackberry into the case wrong it wouldn't swivel. There's only one way it goes in. It does not swivel.
Jerry
I am still pissed....I wish I saw this post earlier...is the one on Ebay able to fit with the 7100i as well?

-Mecca
Old 11-10-2005, 02:09 AM   #27
AceMecca

Model: 7100i

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue1969
Do you have the 7100i?

PIN:400E1866
Old 11-10-2005, 02:13 AM   #28
europamo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoThaDamThang
I have some holsters for sale on ebay... great fit for the 7100i. But not swivel

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

I have this exact one, I like it very much. I have the 7100i
Alexandre Dumas
Old 11-11-2005, 05:03 AM   #29
fliedlice

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile

how does that clip swivel?

I think ill wait on the "sena" case....they look sweet and ive been looking for an exscuse to get rid of carrying a wallet
Old 11-11-2005, 06:28 AM   #30
GlockBerry

Model: 7510

I have this case off of eBay. Just got it in the mail today and so far I love it! The 7100i fits into it perfectly. With the screen facing away from the body or towards the body, the magnet puts the unit to sleep either way.

The clip does swivel, although it is only 180 degrees of swivel.....not a full 360. But that shouldn't be an issue for me. How often do I want to carry it upside down anyway?!? By the way, the swivel mechanism is inside the leather. You can't tell by looking at it that it indeed does swivel. This also makes the case much slimmer than most.

And the magnetic flap is a nice feature. I often carry my glock....ummm blackberry while on my motorcycle and the flap is a nice feature while I am speeding into the wind. I can highly recommend this case.....even at the $21.00 price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blackberry-7100-...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by GlockBerry; 11-11-2005 at 06:31 AM..
Old 11-11-2005, 03:41 PM   #31
Mr Pink57
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDClown
Can you provide a link to the site with the clip? I'd like to take a look at it and possibly order one.

Hopefully someone puts out the same nylon or leather case that Nextel sells, but iwth the standard rotating plastic clip off any other Nextel phone. I really like the holster style (WITHOUT FLAP!!), but a rotating clip is really a must!
Sorry I didnt look at the thread for a while!

http://www.fortte.com/scr/details-92...DA%20Case.html

Here is the case I use now (got it 2 days ago), works great it is a little tight though right now mainly due to my eGrip on the battery door. It is a swivel clip but it does not lock into place, it just rotates around its nice though.

pink
Old 11-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #32
Bluepill

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Nextel/Spit!

I got mine today and - no swivel as advertised!

I wonder if body glove is coming out with one?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #33
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockBerry
I have this case off of eBay. Just got it in the mail today and so far I love it! The 7100i fits into it perfectly. With the screen facing away from the body or towards the body, the magnet puts the unit to sleep either way.

The clip does swivel, although it is only 180 degrees of swivel.....not a full 360. But that shouldn't be an issue for me. How often do I want to carry it upside down anyway?!? By the way, the swivel mechanism is inside the leather. You can't tell by looking at it that it indeed does swivel. This also makes the case much slimmer than most.

And the magnetic flap is a nice feature. I often carry my glock....ummm blackberry while on my motorcycle and the flap is a nice feature while I am speeding into the wind. I can highly recommend this case.....even at the $21.00 price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blackberry-7100-...QQcmdZViewItem

How hard is the clip to get on the belt? I might live with the BB stock holster for the 7100i except it is so damn hard to slide onto a belt.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #34
Bluepill

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Nextel/Spit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blistered thumbs
The one with the clip says - Does Not have Sleeper Function
Old 11-11-2005, 08:28 PM   #35
MozMan68
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
Sorry I didnt look at the thread for a while!

http://www.fortte.com/scr/details-92...DA%20Case.html

Here is the case I use now (got it 2 days ago), works great it is a little tight though right now mainly due to my eGrip on the battery door. It is a swivel clip but it does not lock into place, it just rotates around its nice though.

pink

I'm glad you said that...I want the locking swivel, not just a loosey-goosey swivel. Used to love to turn my BB sideways to make it unobtrusive.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:27 PM   #36
Mr Pink57
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozMan68
I'm glad you said that...I want the locking swivel, not just a loosey-goosey swivel. Used to love to turn my BB sideways to make it unobtrusive.
It takes a little getting used to, but it does move around unlike the one that comes with the BB, so its not pressed extermely tight against you. Actually I couldnt even use the OEM due to it not even going on to my belt cause the clip was too tight.

pink
Old 11-12-2005, 01:19 AM   #37
GlockBerry

Model: 7510

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru
How hard is the clip to get on the belt? I might live with the BB stock holster for the 7100i except it is so damn hard to slide onto a belt.
It isn't nearly as tight as the OEM case from Blackberry. Of course, my mother in law's heart isn't as tight as that darn blackberry case clip!

The plastic case from my 7510 was the easiest because I could pinch it at the top of the clip to open it up. This case doesn't have that feature. But it does slip on to my belt with relative ease. And I have a pretty thick belt becuase I carry.......ummm....another accessory besides my blackberry on a daily basis. I have no problem attaching this case to my belt. Or, for that matter, removing the BB easily when it rings. Reholstering will take some practice since the case tends to close itself so I have to reach down, open it back up and then slide the blackberry home.

For the person who asked if the swivel locks in place, yes it does. I often wear it locked at horizontal.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:17 PM   #38
go2duke

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

Man... Why is it that they create this great new form factor and it's been out for over a year and seems that nobody has made a good replacement for the plastic OEM holster on the old styles that I have come to enjoy the ease and simplicity of use.. "clip it on.. turn it.. don't turn it.. slide it around on your belt between loops..."

Ah the good ole days.

G2D
Old 11-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #39
bookbinder

Model: 7520
Default bump

The holster provided with the 7100i is a piece of caca. Has anyone found an adequate 7100i holster with swivel clip? Is my best bet the link above to the fortte case designed for the 7100g? Here is my response from Sena on why they don't have a 7100i case yet --

Dear [Bookbinder],

Plans previously made to release this case have been pushed back due to licensing agreements with the device maker. I will keep your name on our list of interested customers that I will send an e-mail when the case is announced for PRE Order.

Regards,
Customer Relations Division
Sena Cases
Old 11-18-2005, 09:35 PM   #40
splacko
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

I saw a couple on eBay that had a swivel clip and a magnet...but I think it's the holster for the Treo. I haven't had a chance to order one, but it looks like a good investment. And I agree...the case that comes with the BB is a piece of trash...like T.O.'s agent.