BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 04:54 PM   #41
GlockBerry

Model: 7510

Please Login to Remove!

I've had a case from eBay for a couple of weeks now and love it. It swivels, it has a retention flap, it has a magnet which puts the BB to sleep. It even has what seems to be a pretty decent, soft leather. All in all I am very happy with the case. Of course, carying the 7100i up my left nostril would have been an improvement on the pathetic case which originally came with the unit!

The seller on eBay is uniquemobile2 (and no, I'm not him trying to drum up business). Search for items by this seller, or just do a search for Blackberry 7100i case and look for uniquemobile2. Good stuff.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:23 PM   #42
go2duke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

Keeping my fingers crossed for a rigid plastic holster just like the 7510/20... So used to that...

-G2D
Old 11-21-2005, 04:08 PM   #43
COMCAST007
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockBerry
I've had a case from eBay for a couple of weeks now and love it. It swivels, it has a retention flap, it has a magnet which puts the BB to sleep. It even has what seems to be a pretty decent, soft leather. All in all I am very happy with the case. Of course, carying the 7100i up my left nostril would have been an improvement on the pathetic case which originally came with the unit!

The seller on eBay is uniquemobile2 (and no, I'm not him trying to drum up business). Search for items by this seller, or just do a search for Blackberry 7100i case and look for uniquemobile2. Good stuff.

Thank You Very much for the information.....
Old 11-21-2005, 08:51 PM   #44
sanscritt

Model: 7100i
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockBerry

Well I've been looking for awhile. I even bought that piece of crap from Nextel that was supposed to swivel and didn't. After reading your review, Glockberry, I went looking and bought the same case. Let me tell you it is awesome.
Thank you very much for your input. It is perfect for the 7100i. Nice fit, good looks, swivel and the flap is not a hindrance like I thought it would be.
I recommend this highly for anybody that wants an awesome case. I even got our IT guy to buy some for some of the guys at work.
Thanks again, Glockberry.

Jerry
Old 11-23-2005, 10:30 PM   #45
GoblueNextel

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by go2duke
Keeping my fingers crossed for a rigid plastic holster just like the 7510/20... So used to that...

-G2D
I am coming from a 860 and I love the plastic swivel. A few weeks ago I saw three different versions for the 7100i (standard, premium and rugged premium) on gyvergear but they said sold out for all three. I checked back last Tuesday (11/15) and they were gone off the web page. I emailed them asking when/if they would have more. On the same day they responded saying they would have an updated holster in 2 weeks. No the site has one back online with a sold out status.

I so want a plastic holster but I am afraid if its not OEM it might suck.

GOBLUE
Old 11-25-2005, 05:55 PM   #46
gr8wing

I e-mailed A.W. Enterprises last week about their wedge clip. They told me they are working on it and it should be out in the first part of December. For those not familiar, A.W. has that 3/4 circle with a flat spot on the back of the case and it just snaps into the clip from any angle. Turn the phone upside down to slide it out. It is what I have used for a long time and I have been waiting for a case for the 7100I before I ordered the new phone. I just ordered new phones for my wife and I today. Woohoo.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:58 PM   #47
GoblueNextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8wing
I e-mailed A.W. Enterprises last week about their wedge clip. They told me they are working on it and it should be out in the first part of December. For those not familiar, A.W. has that 3/4 circle with a flat spot on the back of the case and it just snaps into the clip from any angle. Turn the phone upside down to slide it out. It is what I have used for a long time and I have been waiting for a case for the 7100I before I ordered the new phone. I just ordered new phones for my wife and I today. Woohoo.
What is A.W.? In any case this is great news. I talked to my REP today and she said there has been some ramblings about this among up level management and as soon as she gets official word she will let me know.

The OEM CASE is my ONLY complaint about this phone.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:51 PM   #48
Toddboy71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo

Glock and Sanscritt,
How is the clip portion of the holster? I wear thicker belts, and want to make sure it will fit over it. Is it like the OEM of the 7520 where it clips over, or like the OEM of the 7100i where is slides over the belt?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Old 11-25-2005, 08:55 PM   #49
sanscritt

Toddboy71; I wear a thicker belt to support my, um, accessories and I have no problem. Like any clip it opens fairly far and is very supportive as far as keeping the case from sliding. It is alot easier to get on and off that the original, but also holds the phone in place.

thanks,
Jerry
Old 11-25-2005, 08:58 PM   #50
jdisauwg

Model: 7100T

i got mine off of ebay from uniquemobile2, it swivels and is pretty cool
Old 11-26-2005, 12:29 AM   #51
kdog126

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

I ordered the same case. I will test it on Monday (had it delivered to my office while on vacation for the holiday)
Old 11-26-2005, 01:34 AM   #52
GlockBerry

Toddboy;

Just like Sanscritt, I too wear.....ummm.....other accessories which dictate that I use a thicker belt for support. The holster.....I mean the case I got works just fine with any belt I own. Check out my previous posts in this thread. The clip isn't nearly as tight on this case as it is on the OEM. I can get it on and off fine without any problem. I must say, however, that I really liked the plastic clip on my old 7520 case. It allowed me to pinch the top of the clip to open it up for easier access to my belt. This case doesn't have that feature, but it isn't a problem. It goes right on to my thicker belt with no problem. It is easier, however, to do this with the phone in the case as opposed to an empty case. Hope this helps.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:06 AM   #53
Toddboy71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks Glock and Scanscritt!!! I appreciate your help! Although I am not apparently in the same profession as you, I should change my name to H&K USP45BERRY =)
Old 11-26-2005, 10:34 PM   #54
Toddboy71
Thumbs Must Hurt

I should have ordered the dang holster without worrying about it. Stupid thing just fell out of the absolutely CRAPPY OEM holster, and cracked the lens over the LCD..... I swear!!!! As much as I love this BB, I am infuriated with this stupid holster. I would think they would want to put these things in the best holsters, but apparently RIM is more concerned about their NTP lawsuit.......Not sure what the heck I am going to do, but the thought of shelling out decent coin to be fixed chaps me pretty well.....
Old 11-27-2005, 10:44 AM   #55
sanscritt

Toddboy71: Sorry to hear about your phone. I was concerned about the same thing, that or the whole case coming off because i keep turning mine at an angle the way I used to carry the 7520.

If you get it fixed, get the case. It works really well.

Thanks,
Jerry
Old 11-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #56
Toddboy71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks Sanscritt,
I have to get this fixed. We all know how our lives get tied to this thing. Its just the principle of it all. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:45 AM   #57
bookbinder

Model: 7520

I just received the swivel holster recommended by GlockBerry and sanscrit-- the one sold by uniquemobile2 on ebay -- it is good except that the magnetic flip-over strap does not deactivate/sleep the device. Admittedly this is a minor problem, and one that I can live with given the alternative (the sad excuse for a holster provided with the 7100i). The magnet appears to deactivate the device momentarily as I insert the device into the holster, but when it's in the holster and I peel back the casing, I see that the device is still on.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Lambskin Leather Blackberry 7100 Pouch sold on ebay? Or is mine just a defect?
Old 11-29-2005, 10:22 AM   #58
MGO

Default Push down further

I thought that this was a problem initially but then as it wore in (48 hours) the thing worked fine. My problem with this case is the clip. The leather covering is wearing off because the leather slides over the metal clip and it is just wearing through. I have written this to the manufacturer. But this is still the best case available.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:05 AM   #59
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

THERE IS A RIM SWIVEL CASE COMING

I have a photo of the new 7130 Swivel case... looks like the optional leather case with the ratcheting swivel we all love... No eta but I'm working on that. Stay tuned.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 11-29-2005, 11:39 AM   #60
GoblueNextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
THERE IS A RIM SWIVEL CASE COMING

I have a photo of the new 7130 Swivel case... looks like the optional leather case with the ratcheting swivel we all love... No eta but I'm working on that. Stay tuned.
For the RIM Swivel is it the 7520 Plastic type or like the 7130 you are descibing?

Any pics of the Leather 7130?
Closed Thread