BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 12:37 PM   #41
bradyc

Model: 7100i
Default Monthly Calendar view

Please Login to Remove!

1)I am unable to view the monthly view on the 7100i. It just freezes for a few mins and then I have to do a reset by removing the battery. What is the key-combo for rebooting the 7100i

2) Is there a TeleNav for the 7100i? The GUI using the 7520 sw is not correct (fills only half the screen of the 7100i)
Old 11-21-2005, 01:15 PM   #42
tmushy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520

5. Also have had "NXTL" go to "NXTl" a few times, did a master reset and its fine....

Someone else said they had this problem. I have had it a few times and its quite annoying. It stops working out of no where and has full signal. very weird!
Old 11-21-2005, 03:50 PM   #43
amnjc

Model: 7100

I had the DC number disappear/reappear problem once, and it has not done it again since.

I however have a bad screen. I posted this elsewhere and I do not think it is a software bug, but I'm sending it back or doing a swap, etc. as about every 5th time it powers the screen down it flashes like a flash on a camera (well maybe not that bright). So the one I get tomorrow will probably have a great screen but a trade off with other problems. Ugh!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 04:21 PM   #44
kazoolemur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS597
I just wanted to get a thread started where we can look in one place for all of the bugs with the 7100i. I've read a few posts where people have been pulling the battery for various reasons. Here's a list of some of the "bugs" that I've experienced with the 7100i so far:

1.) For no good reason the phone will just decide that it doesn't want to ring anymore. This also means that none of the alerts work either, and none of the sounds will play as you try to pick a new ring tone. I only noticed because I saw the screen light up with an incoming call and no ring. The remedy was to pull the battery.

2. I had an incident where I got two incoming phone calls seconds apart from one another, the BlackBerry didn't know how to handle it. I didn't answer the first call so the screen was up asking me if I want to accept the call. I didn't hit any buttons and the phone stopped ringing, but before the screen could clear another call came in as I was hitting a key (unknown) at the same time. It answered the second call and put it right to speaker phone. Here's the tripped out thing though, I couldn't get back to the phone screen yet I was still on the call. I was able to access everything else on the BlackBerry but the "phone" screen. There was nothing I could do until it was time to hang up. That was a bit buggy there.

So I was just curious if anyone else out there had legitimate "bug" stories with the 7100i?

(Just on a side note, knowing that it's not a "bug", I hate the fact that the DC clears so frickin' fast!)

O.S. v4.1.0.136
When I first got this last week I had the same issue. But when I changed profiles, I got the ringer back. So it's definatly a flag in the software. Most likely a memory overwrite issue. I am sure blackberry will find it soon and update the OS.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:52 PM   #45
amnjc

Bug = When in calendar application using agenda view if I scroll too fast it will jump waaaaay too far ahead (from December to April). I also noticed that when I scrolled a little slower it was still incorrect. It went from December 7th to the 20th or something.

Yes, I do have things listed in various dates in between both December 7th to the 20th and before April when it takes the big leap. It makes the agenda view borderline unuseable. It even did it when I used the buttons to advance by a single day.

I'll guess I'll try the removal of the battery.....
[Edit] - Removal of battery did not work - it jumps from the 6th to the 20th even though there are other entries in between.

Rant = I'm starting to miss my 7520. It is nice having it smaller and more phone like but it does seem "cheaper" (I have small areas already forming at the bottom corners of the bezel around the screen I guess from taking it in and out of the felt lined leather holster - that is pretty pathetic in only 2 weeks time) and more buggy. I know it is a new device and new software OS but still.......I had to RMA my 7520 a couple of times due to defects and this one still has the screen issue and other problems. Granted it does not reset daily/hourly like a lot of Treo users complain about, but it seems like RIM is slacking off a little.

Okay I am done now.

Last edited by amnjc; 11-28-2005 at 09:08 PM..
Old 11-29-2005, 05:26 AM   #46
Nextel User
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Wuff
I'm on 4.1.0.136...

My main "bug" is not with the BB itself, but with the Desktop Manager Software. I'm running Windows XP and Office/Outlook 2003, and any time the DM software references one of the field names from Outlook, it's all gibberish -- looks almost like an attempt at an Asian font.

I've never installed anything -- even by accident -- and selected a language other than English.

Any ideas?
that usually happens with cracked or stolen software. like office 2003. reinstall from the original cd and it will go away
Old 11-29-2005, 05:49 AM   #47
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800

1. Can't enter voicemail password while on speakerphone
2. Sporadically the incoming email notification won't work
3. Signal fluctuation
4. Signal goes to 'x' but am still talking on the phone
5. Often get a "call failed" if I try to call soon after receiving/sending an email - I think this would happen on my 7520 and I think may be related to the device still sending/receiving in the background
6. Service indicator doesn't seem to relate to anything except for incoming emails - it will change from green->red when I receive a new email. If I travel outside a coverage area it remains blinking green even when I do not have cellular service.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:23 AM   #48
GeneAlexander

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

my 7100i does the signal thing too. i can set it on the table and watch the signal go from full signal to "X" periodically. i even noticed it during calls. however, i have never dropped a call when the signal drops to "X".

i own 3 nextel phones (the other two lines are motorola phones). i can tell you that the moving signal bar is normal for nextels, especially indoors. however, when the motorola phones lose all signal, they drop the calls guaranteed. my 7100i has yet to do so.

still, it is strange that the phone can show that there is no network signal during a call and you still be connected with great sound quality.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:56 PM   #49
EDIGITAL45

Its Like I Never Released The Ptt Button Cause People Can Still Hear Me For Up To 30sec After I Released The Button And I Know Its Not The Button Cause When I Push The Button While Its Acting Up The Arrow Reponds And Goes Off Real Fast. Help Please.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:07 AM   #50
amnjc

Well I figured out my calendar bug, sort of.

I have my calendar on Agenda view as most of us do. I also selected to incorporate the tasks. Out of curiousity I deselected this and the calendar now scrolls correctly. Before it would just scroll to the next date that there was a listed task and disregard if there were things in the datebook in between.

Not exactly ideal....?
Old 12-02-2005, 05:36 AM   #51
nmyron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-tech
I had this problem on my 7520. Everytime I did a cold reboot (remove the battery)...I would re-enter and get the duplicate DC's for this one contact.

I assumed it was some kind of data corruption...What I did was delete 'all' the DC's for that contact...Save the contact (with no DC)...(cant remember if I did the hard reboot after that or not)...then enter the DC#... save contact again....reboot just to test...hasn't done it since.

7100i - no bugs thus far.
I was told from Nextel Tech support that this is a defect in the way Outlook contact information is handled by the 7100. I deleted the contact, then readded them to the BB manually, then deleted the contact from outlook, and re-synched, so outlook would take the contact as new, and hasn't been a flaw since, and that has been the only prob I've had from my 7100. All it needs now is a back scratcher and a coffee maker, and it'll be an eligible replacement for my old lady

Last edited by nmyron; 12-02-2005 at 05:50 AM..
Old 12-02-2005, 09:04 AM   #52
GoblueNextel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru
1. Can't enter voicemail password while on speakerphone
Same here. I have tried the automatic entry where it has 2 pauses and 4 pauses. It seems it never works with 2 pauses, but will 7/10 times with 4.

GOBLUE
Old 12-02-2005, 12:42 PM   #53
mchlwvr614

Model: none
Carrier: Sprint

Yesterday I tried dialing a contact who had a number, pause, then extension, and it didnt work properly. I remember reading, maybe in this thread, someone thought it had to do with bad dtmf tones.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #54
GoblueNextel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchlwvr614
Yesterday I tried dialing a contact who had a number, pause, then extension, and it didnt work properly. I remember reading, maybe in this thread, someone thought it had to do with bad dtmf tones.
I assuming this works ok WITHOUT speaker phone enabled?
Old 12-02-2005, 03:13 PM   #55
mchlwvr614

Model: none
Carrier: Sprint

No, It didnt work without speakerphone enabled. Since it is a clients #, I didnt want to keep calling the number to try and figure out whats wrong. I will try later tonight when everyone has left work and try a different number I have with a pause and extension.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:51 PM   #56
BBDEALER

Model: 7100I

my phone comes up with a jvm 102 error it is a 7100I Im not sure if it is a bug or error or what it is as if it is in a continous loop of some sort and it ask me to reset. If this has been addressed I apologize for being redundant but I didnt find the posting can someone help please

Last edited by BBDEALER; 12-19-2005 at 01:40 PM..
Old 12-19-2005, 09:39 PM   #57
NewBee Wins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: 31B4F329

Version 4.1.0.136 having problems with password & profiles changing. Also, problems with lost service, NXTL changes to X & will stay out for extended periods of time. I know it's off the subject, but how do you post your pin along with your contact info?

PIN:400DFA43

Last edited by NewBee Wins; 12-19-2005 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: Add info to post
Old 12-22-2005, 05:18 AM   #58
DSS597
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Update: I had Nextel send me a new 7100i and I haven't had one problem "bug" wise since.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:06 AM   #59
wyney

the only that i have had with my phone is the volume. whatever volume i had my phone on (while on a call or DC) before i ended the call. thats what it will be stuck on when my 2nd call comes in. so i often have to take my DC off of speaker cuz i can't turn the mofo down.

PIN# 400F57CB
7100i

Old 12-24-2005, 11:55 AM   #60
NewBee Wins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: 31B4F329

Wirelessly posted (7100I: BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

You can cancel the volume feature. You've got it set for the volume of the last call.