Haha thanks

The Boy Genius Report
Old 10-11-2006, 04:29 AM   #103
MooseBerry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: Up :)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

BG, you're right when you say people go crazy over this stuff, I know I do! As for the leakes, they probably drove up RIM's stock and helps us make decisions about new purchases. If you know the 8100 is coming to cingular in Nov, would you go now and buy an 7130c or would you wait? Knowledge is a good thing, especially for consumers.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #104
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmember
Obviously you are not posting these images with any malicious intent, and maybe doing it just for having fun or feeling cool or for some financial benefit. But I don't think you are doing any company a favor by posting pictures of their products before they are officially announced.

Since you are soo popular here, I might get flamed for saying this, but the point I wanted to make is not to pick a fight with you, but rather get my point of view across to you on this topic.
Did you ever think thatr may be the Company is doing the leak for its own purposes? No mater what, BG has done BB a great service by letting us in on things of interest and I hope he will continue and my bet is that every one else thinks the same.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:51 PM   #105
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

I agree with BG on this one.

If we didn't have info on phones "leaked" there isn't really a good way to get info until they hit the street. Some cases it may make people ride their contract out a while longer as they see a light at the end of a tunnel. Others it may make them switch carriers because of a need for a particular feature a phone has.

For me personally it helps me gauge if I want to go buy that particular device or if the hype for it is unreasonable because of bugs in a feature or a particular carrier shutting off certain features.

All the hype around the product I think can do nothing but good things for a carrier and manufacturer, it gets product awareness up for something that can't even be sold yet, something stores and advertising can do, but not without $$ behind it. BG does all the work for them in this case, covers the basics, features, and also the annoyances that may drive some people away, saving the carrier and user $$ from that person signing up, and then walking away 14 days later and returning the phone..

Just my .02...

And as a side note, I have upgraded to an 8703e, and will get the 8800 when it comes out as I throughly loved my pearl, but would have perfered a qwerty board on it and also T-Mo service in my house was weak.. I have since found that Sprint service is also weak, Nextel was the only thing that worked well in my house. So I bought a YX500 repeater for my house, it's in the 1900 band and will cover EVDO, CDMA, GPRS, and EDGE in that 1900 band.. I fgured it's $200 out of pocket and then I don't need to worry about phone performance and battery life.. etc etc..

Sorry, that was off topic, back to where we were..

And you hear it all the time, but thanks again BG..
Closed Thread