BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 01:00 AM   #101
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Regarding the key size, shape, and spacing, I believe that will be something that only seeing the device in person will reveal accurately.

One thing that I have learned is that the shape of the keys makes a very big difference. I find (at least for me) that the key shape is more important than size or spacing, not that those two are not important.

I have both the 7130c and 8700c, and find the 8700 keys much harder to type on. So much so, that I cannot wait for the 8800, and I'm hoping that they include keys that are conducive to easy usage. If they do, then it should be much easier to use than the 8700 for some of us.

When I scrutinize the pictures I have collected from various web sites. It appears that they are shaped in a more conventional fashion than the vertically oriented keys on the 8700.

Now take into consideration the keys on the 7130c. Even though the device is smaller and not as wide as the 8700, the keys are rectangular in shape, with a horizontal orientation. They are really easy to use and I can type 3x and fast as I can on the 8700.

I do believe that RIM has focused on the complete device this time, as it's a completely new form factor and appears to have been very well thought out.

I am very excited about this new model, and hope for all of us, and RIM that this is a blockbuster hit.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #102
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
PIN: 240582A8
Carrier: tmobile

Heck yeah videos Now the only real barrier is viewing web pages with frams I supise it would be ludicrous to ask for Nvidia GPU's but hey I can dream
Old 11-15-2006, 05:37 PM   #103
plakius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon

I love having the camera .... i am ok with the 8100 but i hate the suretype ... i don't see why having a camera on your phone makes it an unsecure device ... i mean seriously how many of us here are goverment officials and have that high of a security check point? .... RIM would base a whole device around that ... im sure with your high security your allowed to record a statment w/ "send a voice message" and send it to the world via email or mms ... last time i checked lindsay lohan and nicole richie were bumping around town with 8700... and can't i take a pic with a camera, stick my sd card into my 8800 and POW send a pic?

Last edited by plakius; 11-20-2006 at 02:55 PM..
Old 12-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #104
tomtech

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by plakius
I love having the camera .... i am ok with the 8100 but i hate the suretype ... i don't see why having a camera on your phone makes it an unsecure device ... i mean seriously how many of us here are goverment officials and have that high of a security check point? .... RIM would base a whole device around that ... im sure with your high security your allowed to record a statment w/ "send a voice message" and send it to the world via email or mms ... last time i checked lindsay lohan and nicole richie were bumping around town with 8700... and can't i take a pic with a camera, stick my sd card into my 8800 and POW send a pic?
Secure data centers won't allow devices with cameras inside.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:36 PM   #105
dwella
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtech
Secure data centers won't allow devices with cameras inside.
Nor strip clubs.....

d
Old 01-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #106
TBC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsimpson
Maybe its just me (i have a truely unlimited data plan) but i dont really care too much for wi-fi. I mean its great if you are in a hotspot and you want to browse the net faster, but edge has gotten to be pretty darn good for my use. I think it would be more of a hassle to worry about finding a hotspot.
Anyone feel the same way?

n///
I agree.

*edit*

I just read a little more on the benefits. I'm not interested in the campus/office wi-fi as my company doesn't have that. I do need to find a way to get better call reception at my home though, then I can cancel my landline. If wi-fi can offer something for this, I am game.

All these new wi-fi benefits are sounding more and more interesting to me.

Last edited by TBC; 01-11-2007 at 12:06 PM..
Old 01-11-2007, 12:32 PM   #107
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by plakius
i mean seriously how many of us here are goverment officials and have that high of a security check point?
Maybe not many BBF users but the US government is a huge client. Additionally, there are a ton of companies that don't allow cameras. Their security guards aren't going to care whether or not your camera is "disabled via BES" or whatever else you want to tell them.

Remember, BBF is not an accurate sampling of all Blackberry users out there.
Closed Thread