BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
beyondt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Exchange account not in Default Services List

Please Login to Remove!

Hi...I am new to this forum and new to using aBlackberry (9000). Here is my setup:
Blackberry Professional Software is in stalled on my SBS 2003. I added my mail account (bill@domainname.com) to the BPS and ran the enterprise activation. All good so far. This is the account that I need to send and recieve with the 9000 device.
My Contacts and Calendar update, my mail account works when receiving mail, but not so good when sending mail from my BB9000. I setup two other mail accounts on the BB9000 device.
Mail account 1: [email address] (blackberry mail account)
Mail account 2: [email address]: This is an AD account on the SBS server. I added this through AT&T Blackberry site.
Both of these accounts are listed in the Service Books list. They are both listed in the Default Services list (along with Desktop).

Here is the situation:

When mail is sent to [email address], it goes to my Exchange server and also is delivered to my Blackberry. If I reply to that message, I am able to send it, but it is sent using the [email address] account. So the recipient thinks it's from Alert and not Bill.

I have resent the service books and I have deleted and re-added the Bill mail account in BPS Manager.

Question: Why is the [email address] mail account not in the default services or the Service Book list? I would like to make [email address] the default mail account. Did I mess up by adding the other two mail accounts? If I add [email address] through the AT&T Blackberry site, I imagine that I will be receiving two messages each time that one is sent.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Closed Thread