Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 01:55 AM   #1
Habubla

Model: P100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Unknown
Angry BlackBerry Playbook: Bricked???

Please Login to Remove!

EDIT: (I posted this on another thread but then it was closed, by the way, I think the Playbook is bricked, it doesn't connect with my computer either. The charger works since it charges my Playbook, but my computer can't recognize the bricked Playbook. Read on to find out what I mean).

Hello,

I've had this problem with my BlackBerry PlayBook since I got it (A year or two now). I've been searching for fixes to this since this happened and I still didn't find any solution.

My PlayBook is bricked, or even in a worse condition.

This is how it started:

It was just an ordinary day and I decided to *mess* around with my PlayBook. I tried to jailbreak it (I was a beginner, my bad). I used BlackBerry Device Manager and Desktop Software to backup my PlayBook (everything, including data) and I left my PlayBook on the USB Charger (the one that comes included with your PlayBook) for the whole night. I couldn't stop the backup process (I don't know why). I woke up in the morning, went downstairs, and jumped back to my computer. The backup was made. I only had two more things left to do, restore my PlayBook to an older version and jailbreak it. I downloaded an older version which is just before the current one that I had and I clicked 'Restore from Backup' on the Device Manager screen. I waited a while and after about 2 minutes... 'BOOM'! My device froze. It froze right on the 'Restoring' screen. Device Manager popped-up a message: 'Device is not connected' and that's when everything became different. I didn't search 'How to fix a frozen screen on a BlackBerry PlayBook' because I was too stupid and foolish to even do that and I went my own way and decided to hard reset my PlayBook. I did and my Playbook shut off. I started it up again and after a few seconds, my PlayBook started to go on a loop of red LED lights of death that kept flashing. This is the order:

1 RED LED LIGHT
Wait half a second...
4 RED LIGHTS
And then repeat...

I have tried everything to find a solution (rapid charging, resets, stack charging, normal charging, etc.).Could someone please find a solution to this?

Thanks!

EDIT (Again, I know...): No one seems to have this type of problem on the Internet. I searched them up and I never found a similar result. I need help fast, or else I'm just gonna repair or bye a new BlackBerry Playbook for my birthday (April).

God, please help! I'm having dreams of my Playbook...
Old 03-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
ZombieBerry
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Priv
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND
Default Re: BlackBerry Playbook: Bricked???

101111 means a Flash Write failure. one blink, followed by a pause, then four rapid blinks.

You can try leaving your PB connected to a charger and trying to manually boot it up every few hours, but honestly, that's hit or miss. You only other option would be to contact Support at BlackBerry.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
Habubla

Default Re: BlackBerry Playbook: Bricked???

I'll try to charge it as much as I can, I'll tell you what happens...
Old 03-15-2014, 11:05 PM   #4
Habubla

Question Re: BlackBerry Playbook: Bricked???

I have another question: If it's a 'flash write failure' code, doesn't flash mean to reformat? Am I supposed to reformat the device? Or am I supposed to just charge the Playbook and see if it boots? I'm asking this because since I was restoring my Playbook from a backup, maybe my OS got corrupted because it was still in the process, and now my laptop can't recognize my Playbook since it's bricked. If the code means to reformat, I can't do anything about that because I can't even connect my Playbook with my laptop. Anyway, I'll try to continue doing what you told me, so far, nothing has changed. The same lights appear and my Playbook hasn't booted yet. I don't know if it will.