BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 01:46 PM   #21
ace_2005
No longer Registered.

Please Login to Remove!

You guys have great posts when comparing BB software to the Treo Hardware. WIthout Goodlink a Treo stands no chance againdt the BB. But with it then you have to wave of the future.

Longwalker your first post is completely valid but sorry to hear that you evaluated the wrong enterprise solution. When I am finish here you would will be saying "ace told us so".......

Last edited by ace_2005; 09-21-2005 at 01:50 PM..
Old 09-21-2005, 01:50 PM   #22
ace_2005
No longer Registered.

Kitmoni

Rimm did the same thing that Good did several years ago. They are now a force in this Market and everyone is teaming up with them. You will see this when NOKIA drops the bomb on RIMM. And most of you bandwaggoners will be dropping the Berries like you got the runs.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:17 PM   #23
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Ace_2005 why do you bother, we are happy here, no matter what you say and or do we wont change. Please go to your Treo forum and be happy as well. We mean no ill towards you, We are informed, we can read, we do not need you to interpret for us. Thank You.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 09-21-2005, 02:19 PM   #24
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Remember, not everyone here uses BES or GoodLink. More than 50% of RIM's market is retail.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 09-22-2005, 05:08 AM   #25
Kriz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

For all those Treo users posting should I switch?? Read this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mc/treoowner...uitagainstpalm
Old 09-22-2005, 06:15 AM   #26
paulfr2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

Ace... I've been watching your posts lately and have decided that you're either...

a) a pimply-faced hormon-craze teenager living with mommy and daddy
b) a whiny little ***** who is not happy unless you're b**ching up a storm [hence all of your whiny posts about how the Treo is soooooo much more l33t compared to the berry, which means that the Treo R0x3rs and ow3ns BB... give it up]

- or -
c) all of the above

People like you in other forums are referred to as trolls... so why don't ya troll your a55 out of here and go back where ya came from.... [ probably mama's n*pple for all we know ]
TMO Blackberry Pearl 8100
Lee's Summit - MO
Old 09-22-2005, 11:28 AM   #27
yahtzee
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfr2
Ace... I've been watching your posts lately and have decided that you're either...

a) a pimply-faced hormon-craze teenager living with mommy and daddy
b) a whiny little ***** who is not happy unless you're b**ching up a storm [hence all of your whiny posts about how the Treo is soooooo much more l33t compared to the berry, which means that the Treo R0x3rs and ow3ns BB... give it up]

- or -
c) all of the above

People like you in other forums are referred to as trolls... so why don't ya troll your a55 out of here and go back where ya came from.... [ probably mama's n*pple for all we know ]
Actually, this should clear it up....

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=15835
Old 09-22-2005, 04:00 PM   #28
kitmoni
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
PIN: >Options>Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee
Actually, this should clear it up....

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=15835
That is just TOO funny. Buh bye, Ace. I was actually going to respond to him and question why he's such a Good homer when he said himself that his CIO "forced" him to go there. Now I see he was just a Good employee trying to make sysadmins feel like the CIO might be knocking on their door at any minute to throw away all the device and software investment in BES/BB.

I actually DO work for a Fortune 500, and I can tell you there is NO chance we're looking at Good. I've talked at length with IT and Sr. Management about it. I was actually trying to get them to move toward Good before I understood our implementation of BES, and the costs associated with exchanging 2,800 devices, and platforms, which require UP FRONT costs (which in todays business environment will kill more deals than it creates). Bottom line is, we had a fraud in Ace, and the reality is that the BB market share is continuing to drive the rest of the market.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:30 PM   #29
Good_Guy

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon/Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitmoni
I actually DO work for a Fortune 500, and I can tell you there is NO chance we're looking at Good. I've talked at length with IT and Sr. Management about it. I was actually trying to get them to move toward Good before I understood our implementation of BES, and the costs associated with exchanging 2,800 devices, and platforms, which require UP FRONT costs (which in todays business environment will kill more deals than it creates). Bottom line is, we had a fraud in Ace, and the reality is that the BB market share is continuing to drive the rest of the market.
Just as a clarification, outside of the devices, the up-front costs for Good vs Blackberry are similar, if not lower in some cases.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:20 PM   #30
kitmoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Guy
Just as a clarification, outside of the devices, the up-front costs for Good vs Blackberry are similar, if not lower in some cases.
How many CIOs or CFOs will allow you to take only "part" of the conversion costs into consideration when calculating ROI or TCO? I suggest only those on their way out the door. Total Cost of Ownership means you have to look at ALL costs to make a change (hard and soft). I hope you guys aren't pinning your hopes on getting a CIO to ignore buying $500,000 worth of devices so your ROI model will finally work. I think your best bet is those companies that haven't moved to BES yet. I could expand on that, but then you would have to pay me (which is an option - PM if you're interested ).
Old 09-22-2005, 07:32 PM   #31
Good_Guy

Not to get this too far off track, but if you want to look at ALL costs for a complete TCO, I can show how GoodLink has a lower TCO, especially on the soft costs. As for hard costs, I fight that battle daily and win a lion's share of those discussions. I have displaced BES installations where the devices were provided at no cost to the customer and I, personally, have never lost a comparision in a new account where BES and GoodLink were tested side-by-side. Now, I agree that in larger BB deployments where there has been a substantial investment in the platform, the battles are tougher as the investment has already been made, however, it is far from impossible to win. Look, BB is the 800 pound gorilla in all of this and Ace's comments aside, this is a marathon not a sprint and RIMM has a large lead, but is not insurmountable.

To close, I actually prefer to call on accounts that already have BES in place. They already "get" the concept of wireless communication and the value it brings. We then are able to compare solution vs solution as opposed to selling the value of wireless communication.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:52 PM   #32
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Keep this one on track guys. Good job keeping civil so far but I am watching.

I'm sure Good can have lower costs in many cases. I see situations of TCO where one platform is favoured. For me, it's definitely the BlackBerry, but even if it was even, I'm still attracted to the best BlackBerry models over the best non-BlackBerry models. Motorola Q and future devices may change that, but it looks like my next device is almost certainly a BlackBerry model. Now, the one after the next, depends on how well RIM can "keep up"...
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 09-22-2005, 07:59 PM   #33
kitmoni

Wirelessly posted (Thumpers 7250: BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I agree, Mark. My response is based on the title of this thread, T650 vs BB. Good will probably agree that Treo is not the device to pin your future on. There are more soft costs involved in fixing, replacing, exchanging Treos than there are with Blackberries. I agree that there may be other phones out there which might improve reliability, but then that would be a new thread.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:58 PM   #34
Good_Guy

Agreed to point. I think the tone of the last few comments would have us agree that hardware is going to be the driving factor in RIMM v. Good, or Treo v. BB, etc. However, IMHO the slam on the reliability of the Treo is a tired argument that does not carry as much weight as it once did. I have read many posts here regarding the reliability/quality of the BB devices. I think what that does, on both accounts, is say that shipping the quantity of devices that both Palm and BB, they are going to ship a few bad ones, and unfortunately, the folks who have the quality issues (perceived or otherwise) are the ones who are going to crow the loudest.
Closed Thread