Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:50 PM   #21
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

They are a recommended and preferred vendor. Please call them and I am sure they will fix whatever issues there are.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #22
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Carrier: at&t

100% recommend them as a company. Never any issue with orders, timely or otherwise.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #23
SheepDog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: ask if you need it
Carrier: Sprint

I did get a private msg from Seidioseidio and he said he will chk on the issue on Monday. Yes I had called. I got a voice mail. I left my BB cell number so no way to miss me. yes I emailed twice. No answers.

I feel I did everything that I should not have had to do if the order was processed professionally and quickly. a week plus and it isnt even shipped yet. Not my idea of wanting my business.

But I am over the upset part. I took a Xanax last night and it kicked my butt.
I am now calmer and over it. If it doesnt work out I will just purchase from another sponsor. I do believe in supporting forum sponsors.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #24
Blackberry Guru
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have ordered from them 4 times in the last year. All were timely and the customer service was excellent.

Not sure what went wrong but nobodys perfect.....
Old 12-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #25
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None

You want slow shipping? Try ordering an InvisibleShield or ShieldZone product from ZAGG... Ugh!! The worst ever...I promise.

You would think it was delivered to your door by carrier pigeon or something. I'm never doing that again...and have switched 100% to BSE products.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:57 AM   #26
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
You want slow shipping? Try ordering an InvisibleShield or ShieldZone product from ZAGG... Ugh!! The worst ever...I promise.

You would think it was delivered to your door by carrier pigeon or something. I'm never doing that again...and have switched 100% to BSE products.
AGREED!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 04:31 AM   #27
IanR
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: vodafone

I have ordered a couple of things from them. I live in UK and received them no problem. The first time I ordered I used Fed Ex with no problems. Did the same next time only to be charged an extra £17 by customs. With the postage already as expensive as the item it turned out a very expensive holster for my 8800. Re-checking the website turned out there was a Europe postage option. Didn't notice it first time round and certainly wasn't chased by customs. Just thought I would post this for information for any European customers
Old 12-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #28
PPCMD

Model: 8820

I can offer this comment, in the world of sales it is the sellers job to insure the customer is happy and not the other way around (since I am sales I can say this is true)

I have ordered from Seidio in the past, have been happy with their products regardless of of the device OS including Palm, WindowsMobile and hope to and at some point purchase something for my BlackBerry. But with that said I have also run into the same issue as SheepDog where I had placed orders (more than one) and it too over a week to ship, emails were exchanged and a call resulted in the explanation that it takes them time to get an order out and they cannot guarantee it would ship out that day (it was early AM local time to Seidio). I always opt for Next day since I want my stuff today as if I purchased it in the store. My experiences have been mixed in terms of shipments, but in the quality department they have held up. So Sheepdogs experience cannot be explained away since it has happened to someone else.

I do hope my next order from Seidio goes as smoothly as promised.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #29
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Carrier: at&t

PPCMD: I agree with the sales philosophy you have referenced, but there is an inherent risk with ordering online. For a customer to think ordering online is a magic process that never fails, is wrong. The risk does fall to logistics. There is no company in the e-commerce world that has a 100% logistics success rate. That's the world we live in. The good companies will do what they can to rectify the situation when an issue arises, and will have a very high % of logistical accuracy. In my opinion Seidio is one of the "good" companies.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:28 PM   #30
SheepDog

shaun I hope you are correct. I will let you all know of course.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #31
SheepDog

Thumbs down My order was shipped today

It was shipped today and they sent a tracking number. A week late (7 days) and thats all I got from Seidio.

No break in price, no rebate for the upgraded shipping I paid a week ago, nothing. They said today that one or more of my items were backordered and the system had emailed me "but you didnt get it".

Is this a company you want to buy from?
Old 12-04-2007, 12:18 AM   #32
attweco
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I purchased a protective shell from them, and they did not ship for a week. But, I do not expect vendors to ship instantaneously. I consider a one-week turnaround to be acceptable.

The shell was well worth the wait. It is perfectly engineered for my BB.

I would not hesitate to do business with them, again, even though other vendors might have a shorter order turnaround interval. As far as I'm concerned, the good stuff is worth waiting for.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:08 AM   #33
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

I agree with attweco. The Seidio stuff is nice stuff.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:52 AM   #34
MaxPayne79
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2165f8ed
Carrier: Fido

When it comes to Seidio products, i've only ordered the two extra strength batteries for both the 8100 and the 8300 and both seem to be interfering with my messaging service. I know that sounds strange but the story goes like this.

As soon as i put it in, charged it and began using the batteries, the first text message i'd receive, would permanently stay on the home screen. You simply couldn't get rid of it. I was using the vodafone theme and the only way to get rid of it was to pull the battery and restart. But, again, the next txt message to come, would stay on the screen. You could delete the original, turn the phone off and on, nothing, it would still be there.

I then replaced the batteries with the stock ones and used to phone(s) for a week and nothing. Back to normal. Messages would come and go and all is good. Then replaced the batteries with the extra strength ones and once again, the first txt message would appear and not leave.

???

Otherwise, when it came to shipping, i have no complaints.

Last edited by MaxPayne79; 12-04-2007 at 01:54 AM..
Old 12-04-2007, 12:06 PM   #35
SheepDog

I received another communication from Seidio mgt. They are offering to refund the shipping on my order and I accepted that with their apology. The difference between a good company and a great one is in the little details.

Having backorders is part of life and is acceptable. Not communicating with your customer when things come up is not acceptable. Maybe, just maybe they will take an aspirin over my complaint and listen to my message. I am the customer. I make the company profitable. I am king.

or I am supposed to be anyway!
Old 12-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #36
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPayne79 View Post
When it comes to Seidio products, i've only ordered the two extra strength batteries for both the 8100 and the 8300 and both seem to be interfering with my messaging service. I know that sounds strange but the story goes like this.

As soon as i put it in, charged it and began using the batteries, the first text message i'd receive, would permanently stay on the home screen. You simply couldn't get rid of it. I was using the vodafone theme and the only way to get rid of it was to pull the battery and restart. But, again, the next txt message to come, would stay on the screen. You could delete the original, turn the phone off and on, nothing, it would still be there.

I then replaced the batteries with the stock ones and used to phone(s) for a week and nothing. Back to normal. Messages would come and go and all is good. Then replaced the batteries with the extra strength ones and once again, the first txt message would appear and not leave.

???

Otherwise, when it came to shipping, i have no complaints.

The message stuck on the home screen is a known problem of our beloved Blackberries. This happens to me on occasion with the regular battery that came with my blackberry. I would say it happens atleast once a week or so depending on how heavy my text messaging activity is.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:36 AM   #37
BIGGNAT

Model: 8320
Carrier: ATT

I have orderd from them b4, the product itself I feel are good, but the service and delivery time suxs..
Old 12-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #38
dbltap

Model: 9800

I'll furnish another data point.

I bought an extended battery from Seidio for my 8820. After about 5 weeks of use, the thing wouldn't hold a charge for a full 10 hours on standby. I just kinda blew it off. Oh well. I won't buy from them for anything else. Someone ask a question here on the forums about the extended battery and I gave my experience.

I got a message from Seidio they wanted to make it right. I was kinda surprised as I hadn't even made a claim. I sent a quick e-mail and they issued me an RMA right away. Somehow, that RMA e-mail got munged between my mail server and theirs. Just garbled letters. Not their fault. Yet, the forums support rep here was able to get the RMA resent to me yesterday. I shipped it off last night. 5-7 day turn around. We'll see what I get next week.

From that experience, I believe Seidio wants to be known for good customer service, especially to their on-line customer base. To quote Bill Parsels in a current beer commercial...."But that's a good thing..."
Old 12-05-2007, 11:16 AM   #39
mrjerome
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Question My Strange experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepDog View Post
Mine isnt so good so far. I ordered 64 dollars worth of stuff a week ago and they have yet to ship have yet to even talk to me. They did take the money oh yes! Answering email is a chore I guess for so little money.

RESOLVED WITH SEIDIO!

so I was just wondering if this is a random lousy service factor thing or have you had troubles also?

Thanks
I ordered something using Opera browser and they didn't know I had ordered anything until I called and gave them the order number. I thought that was strange but it happened. Therefore I do not place orders using Opera browser only IE, and I get them as ordered.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #40
SheepDog

Seido did apologize and refund my shipping which was nice. I would rather they just be a bit more responsive to customers but I take what I can get.

well if nothing else maybe Seidio will note this thread and try to do something about the super slo motion shipping and processing. I really want to be able to go back to them- I'm just afraid to now.

Last edited by SheepDog; 12-05-2007 at 09:04 PM..
Closed Thread