BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 04:09 AM   #121
garyf33

Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Please Login to Remove!

I was also a guinea pig and bought the 8350i when it first came out and so far, (knock on wood) I haven't had too many issues except for the first time I charged it, when I unplugged it was froze and after a battery pull it's been fine since. I also experienced the text problem for a few days but it's now going on 6 days straight that I've been receiving them without a power cycle.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:20 AM   #122
BJC22
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I'm shipping this thing back to them today and telling them to cancel the upgrade and that I will get back to them. I don't have the time or energy to mess around with this or WAIT (and hope) for it to get fixed, if ever.

I'll keep an eye on things and if they ever get it worked out, I'll consider coming back to it. But the bottom line is, if I would've done more research about IDEN before buying this phone, I would've known in advance how much of a nightmare it would be and never would've done it.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #123
BJC22

PS - do any of you ever check out PhoneScoop.com? I really wish I could've read this guy's review of the phone before going through this mess:

Please read Nextel perps

by finishahead9

In response to one user's review that quotes that Sprint is the fastest data network in the nation (true) but the nextel blakcberry is slow, you may want to realize that Sprint may own Nextel and have the billing, customer service and everything else the same but the service will never be fully integrated. This also applies to data service. (why else would they put wi-fi on the phone, you don't need it with CDMA). Nextel being the only IDEN network in the nation has no roaming partners, slow data speeds, and a terrible calling area. Switch to the Sprint side and watch your phone come alive. Oh, and I work for Sprint and I'm telling you Nextel sucks.

PROS
1. Direct Connect
2. A new blackberry besides the 7100 on nextel
3. TBD (if anything)

CONS
1. Nextel service area
2. data speeds
3. texting with Nextel

Overall, a good concept, but with an outdated network that makes Sprint look bad. Do not buy this phone or any other nextel phone if you are a consumer. BTW, my review is based mostly on the fat that the phone won't perform like it has the potential based on the network. (kind of like iPhone)
Old 12-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #124
FSUFAN1200
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Kinda comical, when you read other posts that say their blackberry's are working perfectly.

I'm still in stand-by mode, and will pull the trigger when it looks like most of the bugs are addressed.

The local Nextel dealer closest to me, told me they have had NO returns, and few problems, other than people not knowing how to set-up their own Blackberry's.

Here in the South Florida market I'm curious to know if some of the problems are network locations, or just random issues.

Matt
Old 12-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #125
BJC22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUFAN1200 View Post

Here in the South Florida market I'm curious to know if some of the problems are network locations, or just random issues.
I, too, have wondered about the geography thing.

I find it hard to believe that some people are having ZERO problems (allegedly) and so many others are having mega-problems. It's either geography or ignorance.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 PM   #126
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?
Carrier: Nextel

Just tryed capture it 1.4 and it works great no bugs so far.

OTA Download Link: www.thetechmogul.com/CaptureIt/CaptureIt.jad

if your intrested

Screenshots on the storm. Screen Captures. Taken a screenshot of your storm. - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

how it works posted above.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:06 PM   #127
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJC22 View Post
I, too, have wondered about the geography thing.

I find it hard to believe that some people are having ZERO problems (allegedly) and so many others are having mega-problems. It's either geography or ignorance.

I think I found the problem with my dead berry . I had 3 resets yesterday in less then an hour with one of them the device was dead and a power cycle was the only thing that would wake it up. I have been deleting programs one at a time to see what the problem is and google sync was deleted last night and I haven't had a reset in 24hours. We will see it it holds up.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:17 PM   #128
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Anybody try Opera mini or mobile what ever works? If so can you provide a link to the version that worked?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #129
rick chi-town
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: pin me to the wall.
Carrier: Sprint

Man, I feel so bad for all of you... I've had mine since day 3 of release and have not had a problem. I guess I should knock on the proverbial wood right now, but so far, so good. Texting, picture texts, great cell coverage, Wifi picking up and working perfectly everywhere I've been. Life is good. And actually, I don't work for Sprint or Nextel... just really diggin' my new Curve!
Oh, and BTW... this is replacing an AT&T Curve that I've had for almost a year... god does AT&T suck in northern illinois! Sooo, there ya go.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #130
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick chi-town View Post
Man, I feel so bad for all of you... I've had mine since day 3 of release and have not had a problem. I guess I should knock on the proverbial wood right now, but so far, so good. Texting, picture texts, great cell coverage, Wifi picking up and working perfectly everywhere I've been. Life is good. And actually, I don't work for Sprint or Nextel... just really diggin' my new Curve!
Oh, and BTW... this is replacing an AT&T Curve that I've had for almost a year... god does AT&T suck in northern illinois! Sooo, there ya go.

do you use Opera or bb browser?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:45 PM   #131
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Question if you are in a list like tasks and use the space bar to select an item is it me or does a blue little dot show up i n the check box ? I can't seem to get rid of it anybody notice this?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:53 PM   #132
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

another question. Just reading under a tips and tricks guide that the coverage led is green and new message led is red. I just turned mine on and only see a red blink anybody?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:18 AM   #133
zx6racer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
PIN: 330E7451
Carrier: Verizon AT&T

I got opera mini to work on mine. It a little faster than the stock browser.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #134
rick chi-town
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: pin me to the wall.
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan View Post
do you use Opera or bb browser?
I use the BB browser... I had opera on my old Curve for a brief period and didn't ever really get used to it. The BB browser on this phone is alot like opera I've noticed. Magnifying glass to zoom on pages, etc. All good so far...
Old 12-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #135
shendren

Model: 8350
Carrier: nextel

anyone using the truphone with the bb 8350?
Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #136
shendren

Model: 8350
Carrier: nextel

anyone using the download feature on the camera?
Old 12-31-2008, 06:16 AM   #137
zx6racer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
PIN: 330E7451
Carrier: Verizon AT&T

So I got a replacement BB on saturday, I still did not open it. Im almost afraid to. Nextel told me they worked some bugs out of the batch of phones. will see.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:03 PM   #138
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick chi-town View Post
I use the BB browser... I had opera on my old Curve for a brief period and didn't ever really get used to it. The BB browser on this phone is alot like opera I've noticed. Magnifying glass to zoom on pages, etc. All good so far...
anybody have the link to Opera mini . I wonder if there are any memory hogging issues like was first reported in the last version?
Old 12-31-2008, 12:04 PM   #139
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shendren View Post
anyone using the download feature on the camera?
I have been shooting pics on my camera and emailing them to my PC . it works great.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:04 PM   #140
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shendren View Post
anyone using the truphone with the bb 8350?
what is it?