rich420
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Default keyboard light not working at all

Please Login to Remove!

I'm using BB Curve 8320.

My keyboard keys and trackball do not light up. Not at night, not ever. When I go to screen/keyboard options the only type of light I can edit or adjust is the screen backlight.

I've read about how to cover the sensor near the led but I don't even see the sensor. And what would that matter since its already dark and its not working?

To note, I just got this BB from my mom a few days ago and the keyboard light hasn't worked since I've had it and I haven't asked her about it. Although, there was one time randomly during the day the keys lit up and the trackball, so I know the light works...

Is there an option menu I can go to? Its fustrating typing this out at night and same with etxts.

Thanks!
-Rich
Old 01-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
rich420

Well I know what the problem is. Its the actual light and connection of the battery and light, it must be loose. Because when I pinch or mess around with the bottom of my phone just under my keys(where there seems to be a piece that could disasswmble from the phone), the light comes on and stays on when I hold it tight, and it flickers and flashes when I fiddle with it.

Would it be a good idea to disassemble my whole BB to see if I can fix in the problem inside? Or is that a bad idea? (I don't think I can return it, its my moms old phone, I don't know how long she has had it for).

Thanks guys!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
rich420

Well I know what the problem is. Its the actual light and connection of the battery and light, it must be loose. Because when I pinch or mess around with the bottom of my phone just under my keys(where there seems to be a piece that could disasswmble from the phone), the light comes on and stays on when I hold it tight, and it flickers and flashes when I fiddle with it.

Would it be a good idea to disassemble my whole BB to see if I can fix in the problem inside? Or is that a bad idea? (I don't think I can return it, its my moms old phone, I don't know how long she has had it for).

Thanks guys!
Closed Thread