BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
pomc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Default SRP Disconneted - RIM tech support stated other reports are coming in now

Please Login to Remove!

The SRP of our Washington DC BES is disconnected as of 10:05am EST. Our Los Angeles and Atlanta sites are fine.

RIM Tech support told me that other calls were coming in reporting the same issue.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
bethereornot

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Re: SRP Disconneted - RIM tech support stated other reports are coming in now

Our SRP connection has been down since just after 9AM EST, just wanted to let you know, have you heard anything back from RIM in DC? I am in Pittsburgh.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
pomc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Re: SRP Disconneted - RIM tech support stated other reports are coming in now

Nothing yet. Still up in LA and Atlanta though. Was hoping this would just be a blip.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
mbana
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

having the same issues in toronto as well..
Old 11-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
sbishop

Model: 7250

Havings issues in NB, Canada too. Any updates?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
PaulieShore

Model: 8330e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: BellAliant

We've been down in Halifax, Nova Scotia since 9:13 EST. Any news?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
jleadbeater

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Same in Phoenix AZ
Old 11-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
Devious

Model: 8300

Had the same issue in Oakville Ontario.
Called T-Support (uh, ya we know, we don't know whats wrong, but you aren't the only one)
Used this page to find a list of SRPs and kept trying them until I tried one that worked. I'm currently back up and running using their UK server!

I can't post urls but put in goog srp lookup tool and pick UK
Old 11-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
flatfour

Model: 8700
Carrier: Tee Mobeel

Lets take up a collection to send some barbecue sauce up to
295 Phillip Street Waterloo, Ontario Canada
Old 11-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
mbana

Model: Bold

looks like its back (toronto)
Old 11-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #11
pomc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Our SRP just reconnected.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #12
jleadbeater

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Back up in Phoenix.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #13
pomc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Received this message from RIM support just prior to the SRP reconnecting. WTF kind of statement is that?

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Please know we have now fielded multiple reports of SRP connection issues, our Executive Management is aware of the situation, our Network Engineers are addressing what they can; however, presently there is nothing we're aware of that suggests a problem with the Research In Motion BlackBerry Infrastructure.

The problem may not be related to the BlackBerry Infrastructure, although we are diligently pursuing the matter and helping where we can.

I will follow up again as soon as possible, and thank you for your patience.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #14
Devious

Useless! As much as I'd like to stay RIM customers, pressure from the business is forcing the hand away from them -- outages like this don't help.

The pleasant woman told me at the end of my service call she'll leave it open 24 hours and extend it if the outage lasts longer. I politely responded that if the outage is >24 hours, don't worry about the ticket as we will no longer be customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomc View Post
Received this message from RIM support just prior to the SRP reconnecting. WTF kind of statement is that?

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Please know we have now fielded multiple reports of SRP connection issues, our Executive Management is aware of the situation, our Network Engineers are addressing what they can; however, presently there is nothing we're aware of that suggests a problem with the Research In Motion BlackBerry Infrastructure.

The problem may not be related to the BlackBerry Infrastructure, although we are diligently pursuing the matter and helping where we can.

I will follow up again as soon as possible, and thank you for your patience.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #15
pomc
Thumbs Must Hurt

A 2nd reply from RIM support:

I see SRP Sxxxxxx is now connected, and once again this situation appears to be part of a greater incident, yet one in which the Research In Motion BlackBerry Infrastructure does not appear to have faulted.

Our Executive Management is continuing to monitor the situation and our Network Engineering teams remain dispatched, however please know at this time there does not appear to have been any problem with the BlackBerry Infrastructure.

I will respond again shortly, and hopefully with an official communication.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #16
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomc View Post
this situation appears to be part of a greater incident, yet one in which the Research In Motion BlackBerry Infrastructure does not appear to have faulted.
Not to come off sounding like a RIM apologist, but I tend to believe this.
We had four offices across the U.S. lose their primary Internet connectivity around the same time today. Historically for us, this is incredibly unusual.
I suspect that there was a backbone router problem with one of the major ISPs this morning. Or possibly a root DNS issue.
The outage was brief, but noticeable.

Last edited by penguin3107; 11-07-2011 at 11:54 AM..
Old 11-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #17
Devious

Reports in the news also show Time Warner experienced an outage at the same time as well as RCN.

Perhaps it is a larger issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
Not to come off sounding like a RIM apologist, but I tend to believe this.
We had four offices across the U.S. lose their primary Internet connectivity around the same time today. Historically for us, this is incredibly unusual.
I suspect that there was a backbone router problem with one of the major ISPs this morning. Or possibly a root DNS issue.
The outage was brief, but noticeable.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #18
Devious

Evidence on Twitter has indicated that the root of the problem could be an outage at Level3, Time Warner's transit provider. Due to a bug, networks running Juniper routers in North America reportedly went down.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #19
pomc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. It has been a pleasure to work on this issue with you.

As of this time below is the official response to the SRP connectivity issue:

xxx8226; We are aware that a small number of customers may have experienced some SRP connectivity issues.
xxx8226; This issue was caused by issues experienced with some third-party Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and was not specific to RIM or the BlackBerry Infrastructure.
xxx8226; We are aware of the issue and have been working to resolve its impact on our infrastructure/customers as quickly as possible.
xxx8226; BlackBerry Infrastructure connections have been restored and now are able to accept BES SRP connections from customers.
xxx8226; If you are using an ISP that is still experiencing issues, you may be unable to re-connect until your providerxxx8217;s issues are resolved.
xxx8226; BlackBerry services are operating normally at this time.

Thanks again for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. Have a great day, Richard.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #20
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

So, basis the outrage here, everyone is going to switch off of Level 3, right?

Wow.

At least the infrequent users come around to post...
Closed Thread