Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
RydeWitM3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default BES Calendar & Contacts Question

Please Login to Remove!

If you are on BES, can you have more then one calendar or contacts file? Lets say on your outlook, you have access to your email, calendar and contacs, and your bosses calendar, contacts, and email is setup so its shared, and you can view it on your outlook. Is there anyway to view your bosses calendar, contacts, and or email??

Thanks in advance
Old 04-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
nsquark
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

No, you can only have one Outlook email account (email, calendar,contacts) setup on the device.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:53 AM   #3
RydeWitM3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks
Old 04-26-2007, 09:12 AM   #4
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

That's not entirely correct. You can only have one Exchange account per BB (not what the OP asked) but you can have secondary folders (calendar, contacts, notes, tasks) set up to sync in Intellisync and in Exchange you can be granted access to folders that belong to another mailbox/user. Our executive assistants are configured this way so I do know from first hand experience that it's not only possible but it does work.

However, the sync is one-way for secondary folders (I think -- you'd have to verify this) and you must sync via USB. Secondary folders are not supported with wireless sync. The other caveat is that you don't get separate icons for your boss's items on your Blackberry. I honestly have no idea how our exec assistants can tell their items from their exec's items as they're all listed together on the handheld.

Last edited by takeshi; 04-26-2007 at 09:18 AM..
Old 04-27-2007, 03:51 AM   #5
RydeWitM3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
That's not entirely correct. You can only have one Exchange account per BB (not what the OP asked) but you can have secondary folders (calendar, contacts, notes, tasks) set up to sync in Intellisync and in Exchange you can be granted access to folders that belong to another mailbox/user. Our executive assistants are configured this way so I do know from first hand experience that it's not only possible but it does work.

However, the sync is one-way for secondary folders (I think -- you'd have to verify this) and you must sync via USB. Secondary folders are not supported with wireless sync. The other caveat is that you don't get separate icons for your boss's items on your Blackberry. I honestly have no idea how our exec assistants can tell their items from their exec's items as they're all listed together on the handheld.
Thank you, just what i was looking for! So there is a way, i knew there had to be a way.

Thanks
Closed Thread