BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #21
ShaneToronto
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

sorry for being negative in a seemingly positive thread, but I have a few conceptual questions. Without actually having used the case, I obviously can't comment, but I can ask questions.

This case seems very similar in concept to the OEM plastic holster with the exception that it has a top clip. Is there any real addvantage to this case over the standard in-the-box issued holster? Are people experiencing problems where the berry falls out while walking, sitting, etc? My biggest probem with the blackberry falling out of the holster occurs when I try to put it in or take it out- it doesn't seem as though this holster will solve this problem- in fact it may further complicate it.

It looks like a beautiful case and I particularly like the simple design, but is it really that different from the OEM plastic clip holster? Insight would be great. It's possible I'm totally missing the point here.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #22
gadgetjunkies
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
PIN: Depends which BB I am using
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneToronto
sorry for being negative in a seemingly positive thread, but I have a few conceptual questions. Without actually having used the case, I obviously can't comment, but I can ask questions.

This case seems very similar in concept to the OEM plastic holster with the exception that it has a top clip. Is there any real addvantage to this case over the standard in-the-box issued holster? Are people experiencing problems where the berry falls out while walking, sitting, etc? My biggest probem with the blackberry falling out of the holster occurs when I try to put it in or take it out- it doesn't seem as though this holster will solve this problem- in fact it may further complicate it.

It looks like a beautiful case and I particularly like the simple design, but is it really that different from the OEM plastic clip holster? Insight would be great. It's possible I'm totally missing the point here.
No ShaneToronto you're not missing anything. It's all personal preference when it comes to cases. You are right, it is not all that different than the OEM plastic case. I just like this type of design, like I said I have it with my Razr and it is really easy to get the phone out and use it with the simple push of the top clip.

C'mon Larry!!! Give us the low-down. It's been 2 weeks since I bought a case!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #23
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

It is different, for sure. First, the top portion covers the device, and it is spring loaded with some pressure to keep the BB from being able to jump out on its own. That right there is a huge improvement. Most of my BB issues with the OEM case were that it was launched out by some indescriminant movement on my part, not during putting it in or retrieving it from the holster. My OEM also had BOTH of the locking clips on the sides break off, rendering the lock-in feature useless, not that it held on very good in the first place. Personally, I am looking forward to using the 2 part system - the Skin protecting the BB when out of holster, and the holster itself holding it snug against my belt.

That's another issue - the belt clip. The OEM clip stinks. It sits too high and is very obtrusive. I can feel it against my side sometimes. This one seems much more comfortable. Time will tell, can't wait to try this new one out.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #24
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

Sorry guys and gals.

I don't have the holster yet. It should be here tomorrow. Seidio mailed it out to me Monday via Priority mail so it should be here any day. I'll have the review up just as soon as I can.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #25
gadgetjunkies
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
PIN: Depends which BB I am using
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle18
It is different, for sure. First, the top portion covers the device, and it is spring loaded with some pressure to keep the BB from being able to jump out on its own. That right there is a huge improvement. Most of my BB issues with the OEM case were that it was launched out by some indescriminant movement on my part, not during putting it in or retrieving it from the holster. My OEM also had BOTH of the locking clips on the sides break off, rendering the lock-in feature useless, not that it held on very good in the first place. Personally, I am looking forward to using the 2 part system - the Skin protecting the BB when out of holster, and the holster itself holding it snug against my belt.

That's another issue - the belt clip. The OEM clip stinks. It sits too high and is very obtrusive. I can feel it against my side sometimes. This one seems much more comfortable. Time will tell, can't wait to try this new one out.
If it's anything like my Razr clip - which it looks identical to - then there is not much difference in the two. I personally like the BB clip. I'm trying to get Fortte to use something similiar. I love my Razr clip and hope this is as it appears.
Closed Thread