Old 08-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
abakcuh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default App World

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,
I removed the App World app from my Torch. If I go to Blackberry to download if says my current model isn't supported. Not sure how to get the app back on. Any ideas?
Old 08-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
dejacobs

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

I had to wipe my BB, download the latest handset software to my BB Desktop Manager and re-install the software (twice) to get the App World Back on mine from the Desktop Manager. Unfortunately, the App World seems to be very buggy... Also, beware of the Device Swap tool... It will install your old pre-OS6 apps on your OS6 device, creating all kinds of problems. And even after you get the App World back, don't be surprised if it freezes on you and refuses to work...

If anyone at RIM or ATT are out there reading this, you need to rush a pushed debugged App World out ASAP. I'm close to sending this device back to our corporate account manager.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
gtivr6r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejacobs View Post
I had to wipe my BB, download the latest handset software to my BB Desktop Manager and re-install the software (twice) to get the App World Back on mine from the Desktop Manager. Unfortunately, the App World seems to be very buggy... Also, beware of the Device Swap tool... It will install your old pre-OS6 apps on your OS6 device, creating all kinds of problems. And even after you get the App World back, don't be surprised if it freezes on you and refuses to work...

If anyone at RIM or ATT are out there reading this, you need to rush a pushed debugged App World out ASAP. I'm close to sending this device back to our corporate account manager.

Strange, I did exactly that and I've had no problems with anything.

Oddly enough, it updated my Yahoo IM and my BBM to the latest versions.

Been using, browsing and searching App Wolrd 2.0 like mad. Its cool!
No lock ups at all.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
dejacobs

Seven of my previously purchased apps (stuff like Wunder Radio) have no current versions that is compatible with IO6, so that was one problem. Many other users are reporting problems with App World, and like me they had App World freeze up, so delete it and re-install OWA. No joy, you can't get it OWA, you have to re-install via desktop manager. My App World worked fine all last night, and this afternoon is crashing again.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
Joshiyama
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A

Mine had it preloaded and worked great. This morning I updated to the newer version og appworld 2 that just came out and have no problem at all.

Just go to BlackBerry App World on your device to get the newest version.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #6
abakcuh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Yeah I have tried going to Download BlackBerry App World. However I receive the following on the download page 'Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #7
islandguy808
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by abakcuh View Post
Yeah I have tried going to Download BlackBerry App World. However I receive the following on the download page 'Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World.
I had this exact same problem. It was driving me NUTS! I don't know if you already tried this but it worked for me. I just connected my bb to my comp (mac) clicked on apps, thankfully appworld was still listed there. So I just added it back from there.

I have to say though, although I love this phone, its been really giving me alot of grief trying to get things updated. I still cannot download citysearch.

good luck!
Old 08-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
dejacobs

I'm not sure how related this is, but once I put App World back on via BB Desktop Manager, I continued to have the App World freeze up/crash. On a whim I turned my Wifi off on the BB, and it works fine... (Famous last words, right?). Maybe there's an issue with App World and Wifi or Wifi on a BES system.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #9
lenemery
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: att

how the heck do you copy and paste the bb app world id on a 9700 os 5?

all the usual shortcuts just bring up the bb app world menu.

isn't there a way for this to rememder the id?

even tried registering to buy on my pc. but of course it wouldn't let me use the same email address again.

-len
Old 08-22-2010, 12:46 AM   #10
buster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Torch
PIN: 22C1AFE4
Carrier: T
Default reinstalling Twitter Client

took it out and had a little problem with the process and was told I would "need to reinstall in the future if I..." (or something like that).. So I went to reinstall through at least three different places (app world and the net and...on and on..)anyway am now getting endless error message that reads: "Notice
Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Twitter for BlackBerry Smartphones.".. these companies are too much... the bright side in my support issues has been with att.. they have been great.. blackberry has become really arrogant and mediocre... nice device.. want support? forget it... news at eleven.. have written support.. we'll see how long it takes to get an answer..
Old 08-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #11
wrw0010

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile

I istalled it on my Curve 8900 and it sent it into an infinite reset loop. I have to use the command prompt technique to get it out. I uninstalled app world and then reinstalled. Same story. I've now uninstalled it again.
Closed Thread