BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
Toddboy71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo
Default Review : Seidio Innocase II and Holster Combo

Please Login to Remove!

I know other reviews have been done on this, but I wanted to give my $.02, and offer my personal perspectives to this accessory, as well as post some photos.

I just got the new Seidio Innocase II and and the accompanying swivel holster yesterday for my 8900 and wanted to give you all my opinions. First off I have to say that while I liked the previous versions of this case in the past for my 8320, it left me wanting more. The improvements made in this version make it a top notch accessory.

One of the main drawbacks in the past were the thickness of the case. Well Seidio listened to us, and now its 1mm thick ( or thin in this case!) While its thin, it still is very hard and protective. It's rubberized which makes it flexible, and provides the extra "grip"

The other thing that has greatly been improved is how you put your beloved Berry in the case. In the past there were 2 pieces, one on the back, and one on the front, which snapped together. Well now the two pieces are on the top and on the bottom. First off, the one thing that helps now is that there is no "bar" running across the top of the keyboard, which at times in previous versions made typing a little difficult when hitting the keys on the top of the keyboard. No such issue anymore! Also, the sides of the case are far enough away from the keyboard, that there is no issue typing with the side keys as well.
The inside of the case, as well as the back of the holster that butts up against the screen of your Berry is lined with a velvet-like material giving protection that is key in keeping the smokin hot 8900 screen scratch free.

The holster is also one of the best out there. Typically the "clip in" type holsters either are difficult to get your Berry in, or out. This isn't the case with this one. It is a little flexible, and it's really easy to get in and out. Not so easy that it flies out, as there is a little lip on the holster that fits perfectly into a small notch at the top of the case. Great design. I included a picture of the side view of the holster, and you can see the the lip that securely holds the Berry in the holster.

While I have always been a leather pouch, swivel holster guy for my Berry, the 8900 is such a premium berry that I want to protect it as well as keep my functionality. This one is by far the best in meeting my needs to date.

I've only had it a day, but I can't seem to find any cons of yet, but will edit this if I do. If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to PM me!

Overall, I have to give it a 9.5/10, as with everything, there is always room for improvement.

The Innocase II and Holster combo is $49.95 and the Innocase II and leather case combo is $54.95. It may seem pricey, but as I've learned in the past, the resale value of your berry is so improved when you can sell it in primo condition when the next latest-and-greatest arrives ( hopefully sooner than later!) It's worth every penny in my boat!

Available online at seidioonline.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2186-resized.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	15386   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2189-resized.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	15387   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2193 - resized.jpg