BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 05-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Hands On Review: TrackIt Time Zone Edition

Please Login to Remove!

Price: $10.95 via http://www.blackberryapps.com/!

Who Would Find This App Useful: Any BlackBerry user that communicates regularly with people in various time zones.

Primary Function: TrackIt Time Zone Edition displays customizable clocks representing cities and time zones throughout the world. Additional features include a Meeting Planner that allows a quick read of each hour of the day for multiple time zones (i.e: 9:00 AM Seattle=10:00 AM Boise
10:00 AM Seattle=11:00 AM Boise, etc. throughout the day), and a Calculator that allows entry of a single time locally and comparison to the equivillant time in other time zones. Please note: The Meeting Planner in no way, shape or form interfaces with Outlook or any other online calendar system. It does not schedule meetings, it is a tool to help determine the best meeting times.

Ease of Download: This downloaded to my 8220 (OS 4.6.0.267) smoothly and in a matter of a minute or two, via an SMS-sent link.

Ease of Use- For the most part, this was a pretty intuitive app to navigate. It is very menu-driven, so if you get stuck wondering what to do next on a given screen, your menu key is always a good bet. Everything is customizible, including the clock interfaces (Digital, Analog or what the app refers to as "Rows", a digital readout on a single line rather than multiple lines). Color schemes and fonts and the format of the "home screen" are also adjustable. The list of times zones that you select for your "home screen" each have a represenative city listed. These are editible, (for example, the U.S. Eastern Time Zone is listed as "New York". I changed the city to "Atlanta" to better reflect where I have contacts ), but I had to play around with it for a few minutes to discover that this was an editable field.

Performance: The app performs very well. I have my local time displayed in Analog and four other time zones displayed in Digital, which gives me a quick read of all of the time of day information that I need. You can have as many or as few time zones displayed as you desire. The time for each zone is drilled down to the second, and has never failed to be accurate.

Pros: Fully customizable. You can adjust the data and the display to best suit your needs. Very accurate. Very little drain on device memory or battery life.

Cons: For as many features and and variables as this app has, I was a little disappointed in the lack of an onboard help or FAQ link. I had to play with it for a while to figure out how the Meeting Planner worked and the editiibilty of some of the time zone fields.

Summary: As I often have to schedule meetings that involve co-workers form various parts of the world, this has become an invaluable tool. If you communicate at all outside of your time zone, it is worth the price.

Get it at http://www.blackberryapps.com/ now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TimeZoneHomeScreen.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	16399   Click image for larger version

Name:	TimeZoneCities.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	16400   Click image for larger version

Name:	TimeZoneCalculator.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	16401   Click image for larger version

Name:	TimeZoneMeetingPlanner.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	16402  

Last edited by ndub33; 05-27-2009 at 08:59 AM..