BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #21
rudiegirl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Same thing happened to me with the inbox icons for each account. I really liked just having all the messages in one place. I think that this came up in the FAQ- I'm off to find out.

I don't know about that registration business. I have a new icon on by bb that is called "Enterpise Activation". What the heck is that? Is that something I want?

Oh yeah, and the IM *still* doesn't work. This is getting silly. I had my bf (who works for Tmo) help me install 4.1 (it took forever, I fell asleep waiting for it to DL). He said he was unable to log into Ramble IM. Via the Oz client, he couldn't log in, but IM was using txt msgs (huh?) and it said he was logged in on another device when he checked on his sidekick. VERY WIERD.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:29 PM   #22
scorpiusss

Model: 8320

Ok, so after a half a day of messing around with 4.1, this is what I see at this point:

a) I have experienced pretty long lag times when I switch between applications, such as exiting one, or un-installing an application. For example, I decided to remove BBToday. I did so through the desktop manager, and after the un-install was complete, the phone had to reboot. This took approximately 5 minutes.

b) I have also been experiencing several "freezes" of the system. After the upgrade this morning, the whole system entirely froze about 3 times, which required to remove the battery, and basically do a hard reset.

Any suggestions? And rudegirl: where you able to find the link to the mutiple "messages" box? I looked for it, but couldn't find anything. I am probably looking in the wrong place.

All: if my questions have already been answered somewhere else in the forum, and I have not found it, please forgive me. If you know the answer, please just give me the link, and believe it that I definetly did a search prior.

Thanks all!

John
Old 04-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #23
rudiegirl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100

My icons on my homepage on my bb are as follows:

Enterprise Activation
Messages (this aggregates all messages)
My Gmail
My Yahoo, etc.
My tmo-blackberry account

I'm still searching for how to make those not show up anymore. It's kind of cluttered now (I have 6 message icons on my homepage).

Other than that, 4.1 has been ok, no restart hassles. Although I think my bf had some issues with installation- not that it was difficult, but that he couldn't find instructions on how to do it. Maybe this is self-explanatory to techies, but we had a hard time.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:03 PM   #24
scorpiusss

Model: 8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiegirl
My icons on my homepage on my bb are as follows:

Enterprise Activation
Messages (this aggregates all messages)
My Gmail
My Yahoo, etc.
My tmo-blackberry account

I'm still searching for how to make those not show up anymore. It's kind of cluttered now (I have 6 message icons on my homepage).

Other than that, 4.1 has been ok, no restart hassles. Although I think my bf had some issues with installation- not that it was difficult, but that he couldn't find instructions on how to do it. Maybe this is self-explanatory to techies, but we had a hard time.
Rudegirl: I have the same icons. The enterprise activation is I believe for bes. What I did is that I rearranged the icons, do that the top of the page has the items I use most often.

You can alternatively hide the icons completely. Let me know if you need help with this.

I think what I will try and do is a downgrade, then wipe, then reinstall 4.1, and see if the freezes, and slowdowns persist.

Let me know if you find anything new.

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #25
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

To hide icons, scroll to the icon you want to hide. Click on your trackwheel while holding the ALT button. Choose Hide Icon.
Closed Thread