BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:26 PM   #21
Kevin101

Model: 8830
PIN: 32C93919
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Heh I just called sprint to take off my equip prot I got the third degree. I guess theuy don't like seeing reoccuring money from me deminising.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #22
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: 268B3F92
Carrier: at&t
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin101 View Post
So it took me about45 minutes all together, but I finally got this taken care of, atleast for now. I was directed to another lady and I explained my problem. Her answer was "off the record, this is the department that Sprint sends their customers too that they are afraid that they are going to lose".. I take advantage of the situation and i just start cussing up a storm. We finally got to the agreement that I'll be able to have the same features of the plan but won't be able to be switched over to the ensamble system. The reason for this is because if she were to manually migrate my information then my cell phone could be down for 4-5 days. Instead, now for the next YEAR i'm getting a 15% discount on all my reoccuring changers (on top of my 22% from company) and another $10 credit to cover the cost of my unlimited txt msgs. Her answer was that within the next year my acct should be switched over. I'll continue to recieve the discounts even when my acct moves and is switched auto to this "blackberry pack" (I doubt that, but well see) So after the 20m wait to talk to this lady, gave her a piece of my mind and here i am. a happy little Sprint camper again....this whole situation took about 4 days to resolve. :\
I had them migrate me so I could get the plan. 3 of my 4 lines were down, only about 2 hours. No biggie. The 4th line they ended up changing my phone number twice.

Then the fun began: my "old" account gets a bill for $1100! They billed me for 5 ETF's even though I only have 4 lines. They reset all my contract dates and handset upgrade rebate dates. They never set my "new" account up with any of the add-ons I had (SMS, BB data, Vision, Insurance). They took away my work discount and I had to have that added. I used to have first incoming minute free...gone and never coming back. I spent over 8 hours on the phone with them trying to get everything resolved. I was promised a call back from CS within 24 hours of the initial problems. After 6 days I gave up and called em myself. Everything seems to be fine now, but it was a total nightmare and I nearly jumped to T-Mobile.

Why Sprint can't make the new features available on both billing systems is beyond me. It's pretty much just pure laziness and unwillingness to pay programmers to write the plans into both systems. Since Sprint won't get the conversions to the new billing system done for at least a year, a lot of customers are going to be screwed out of being able to get the latest and greatest Sprint has to offer, and I think it is totally wrong of them to do that.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #23
Kevin101

Model: 8830
PIN: 32C93919

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I'd have to agree with you on that one. I'm running into nothing but problems not only with sprint but also with my blackberry. Now my battery isn't lasting me 8 hours... Its only 6 days old, something has to be wrong...
Old 11-15-2007, 05:10 PM   #24
gameboy213
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestcomm View Post
It's bundled into the new plan. They can't add a feature to your current plan. Just change to the new plan...?
I would but I need the BES option and that is only on the larger/more expensive plan sadly. I figure they should be able to add it for me as I am paying for the more expensive plan anyway...
Closed Thread